• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 DualX

DualX

Great Job!

• Veteran
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

I remember someone doing something similar for a previous Halo title, so Imma do dis too.

Posted Image

So let's get serious here. Who's all going to be there day 1 and what are you planning on jumping into first? Like always, I'm jumping into campaign and then multiplayer. Spartan-Ops is the least interesting feature so I'll save that for later.

#2 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,689 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

The more I learn about Halo 4 the more inclined I am to sit this one out entirely. I'd love to have a big happy AJ reunion, but with a tight budget and medical school my precious little gaming time has to go to the no-brainers on my list, and right now that's not Halo.

#3 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:01 AM

I'll probably be in, seeing as how I get to bum around a bit this year before I move to California. But similar to you, I'll be doing campaign first and multiplayer second.

#4 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:15 AM

I wish I could say that I can't wait to jump into multiplayer, but it's looking less and less interesting with every information dump. So... campaign first.

#5 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 2,997 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:10 AM

I'll probably be in, seeing as how I get to bum around a bit this year before I move to California. But similar to you, I'll be doing campaign first and multiplayer second.

Wait, wut?

#6 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:14 AM

As to the topic. New baby is due on 11/6, so I'm out for any "plans." Wife has already shot down the names "Han Solo" "Chewie" "Lucas" and "Grimshaw." Grimshaw Tucker guarantees him a college scholarship as a Defensive End, IMO.

#7 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:50 AM

Wife has already shot down the names "Han Solo" "Chewie" "Lucas" and "Grimshaw."

Grimshaw Tucker guarantees him a college scholarship as a Defensive End, IMO.

Sounds like grounds for divorce to me.

Do what must be done.

#8 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

As to the topic. New baby is due on 11/6, so I'm out for any "plans."

Wife has already shot down the names "Han Solo" "Chewie" "Lucas" and "Grimshaw."

Grimshaw Tucker guarantees him a college scholarship as a Defensive End, IMO.

Allow me to suggest some names:

Denzel, Barack, Snoop Dog.

Snoop Dog Tucker's got a ring to it.

#9 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:20 AM

M. Cheif Tucker? The date is fortuitous...

#10 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

Wait, wut?

Masters school, yo. (I know, I can't believe they're letting me in either.)

Also, in stride with everyone else; every information dump seems more and more like, "hey check out all this super dumb shit we added to match Call of Duty, bro!" Which is odd, because it's having no affect (I'd even say a negative one) on the "bro" crowd. If my fraternity brothers are any indication.

Lastly, whoever designed all of the armor and weapon "skins" needs to get fucked with a rake.

#11 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:13 PM

Also, in stride with everyone else; every information dump seems more and more like, "hey check out all this super dumb shit we added to match Call of Duty, bro!" Which is odd, because it's having no affect (I'd even say a negative one) on the "bro" crowd. If my fraternity brothers are any indication.

Funny, I had a coworker tell me basically the same thing.

#12 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:17 PM

Funny, I had a coworker tell me basically the same thing.

My pledge son said, "It looks like they're trying too hard." haha

#13 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

My pledge son said, "It looks like they're trying too hard." haha

It can't be good if the group in between filthy casual and hardcore is able to ascertain that Halo 4 has Modern Shooter Syndrome.

#14 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

Yes, I'll be on. I'm primarily interested in the single player, but am hopeful the multiplayer will surprise. Tucker, congrats on the upcoming baby. May your child be a masculine child. Blaze, where do you work/what are you doing? Kinetic/Nightshade, which schools are you going to, and what are you specializing in?

#15 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

I'm going to a medical school in Pennsylvania I guarantee you've never heard of. I'll be specializing in nothing, because I don't do that shite until my residency!

#16 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

Blaze, where do you work/what are you doing? Kinetic/Nightshade, which schools are you going to, and what are you specializing in?

I am two weeks away from moving out of Virginia and on to (hopefully) better things.

#17 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 459 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:39 AM

Jumping into Campaign first. Might go with a full Legendary run just to make the first time experience last longer. Might take a break for multiplayer depending on what folks are doing and when.

#18 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:38 AM

I will either be moving to California to attend the University of California San Diego, UC Davis, or GA Tech in Georgia depending on how much scholarship I receive per school for my masters. Realistically however, I really don't want to go to GA Tech. As for what I'll be specializing in, it will be both Human-Computer Interaction Design (H.C.I.) and psycholinguistics. In brief, I'd design brain ergonomics for anything that involves, well, a human interacting with a computer.

Edited by Nightshade, 17 August 2012 - 10:39 AM.

#19 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,882 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

Allow me to suggest some names:

Denzel, Barack, Snoop Dog.

Snoop Dog Tucker's got a ring to it.

Wrong, Snoop Lion.

#20 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,882 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:24 AM

Dual, I'm in for sure obviously. I"m going to do Campaign first and then start on the multiplayer. I'm also very concerned about some of the "new" stuff like specializations, support package, tactical packages, etc. I feel they can make the game unpredictable. I will say though that overall the new armor abilities look much better balanced than the stuff in Reach, the Hardlight shield vs Armor Lock for example. At the very least, the basics of the new game look very solid. The running, jumping, movement and shooting looks a lot like Halo 2. If for some reason I hate all the new loadouts then we know there will be some options to play without that stuff.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq