Photo

Something That Has Always Bothered Me...

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Rtas 'Vadum

Rtas 'Vadum

Shadow of Intent

• 51 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:43 PM

There are stains. Everywhere. On both the Halo's we visit, on the Ark, and on almost every Forerunner-based multiplayer map.

Here is one on Construct: Posted Image

And another that kind of looks like a skull: Posted Image

At first I thought they were just old stains from flood blood, but how could flood blood have gotten on the Ark, which supposedly was never touched by the flood until Halo 3? Has this ever been truly explained?

#2 CABOOSEP3NGE

CABOOSEP3NGE
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:14 AM

since flood only went in halo 3, it cant be forunner blood because there wasnt battle there. It probably isnt blood so idk what it is, possibly some liquid material tat stains used by forunners?

#3 halosavior

halosavior
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 05:18 AM

since flood only went in halo 3, it cant be forunner blood because there wasnt battle there. It probably isnt blood so idk what it is, possibly some liquid material tat stains used by forunners?

The Problem with this is that we know the Forerunners are Humans; so the blood would be red. I believe it can be Flood blood mainly because the Flood did make it to the Ark eventually. If you can find a picture of the Flood stains before the Flood make it to the Ark in Halo 3 then there may be a mystery.

#4 The Contender

The Contender
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:07 AM

The Problem with this is that we know the Forerunners are Humans; so the blood would be red. I believe it can be Flood blood mainly because the Flood did make it to the Ark eventually. If you can find a picture of the Flood stains before the Flood make it to the Ark in Halo 3 then there may be a mystery.

The humans are not Forerunners, they merely retain similar genetic properties to the Forerunners and for that reason they were selected as the heirs to the Mantle.

#5 halosavior

halosavior
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:11 AM

The humans are not Forerunners, they merely retain similar genetic properties to the Forerunners and for that reason they were selected as the heirs to the Mantle.

What was it that 343 Guilty Spark said right before he attacked you in Halo 3? "You are Forerunner..." There was no mystery about the statement, he just came out with it. Why does the Forerunner have to be some other race? I mean the Forerunner didn't call themselves Forerunner, the Covenant did, so who knows maybe they called themselves humans. Either way 343 is the only one who was there and he testified.

#6 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:22 AM

I think it may just be some form of mold or mildew. I mean after all the rings and the Ark have a massive water to land ratio. Some assuming the planet was hot and humid every now and then is not out of question.

#7 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:17 PM

I think it may just be some form of mold or mildew. I mean after all the rings and the Ark have a massive water to land ratio. Some assuming the planet was hot and humid every now and then is not out of question.

This sounds more right. These things are 100,000 years old. Look at what happens to your own apartment if you don't clean it for a month! I can tell you that my apartment would look a HELL of a lot worse than the Ark after 100,000 years

#8 Anpheus

Anpheus
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:40 PM

Yeah, I imagine the monitors get pretty f'ing bored wiping up the walls and get a little lax in their responsibility to direct the sentinels to use their lasers to clean the grout and such. I mean, I know I do, and that's on a time scale a million times smaller.

#9 Arachnidus

Arachnidus
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:39 PM

Maybe something similar to the firing of the Halo array happened at the Ark, and that's just the remnants of any forerunner or flood on the Ark.

#10 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 04:36 PM

Maybe something similar to the firing of the Halo array happened at the Ark, and that's just the remnants of any forerunner or flood on the Ark.

Unlikely considering that the Ark was built solely for the purpose of being outside the halo array.

#11 Stormtrooper30

Stormtrooper30

Keep on your toes or you might lose 'em.

• 461 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 05:49 PM

If I remember correctly, the stains were also in Lockout. Because most of the Forerunner structures that we visit in the game were used to hold and test the flood, perhaps it is leftover from breeches that were quelled by the Sentinels. I can't imagine why there would be any on the Ark, though. Do the stains appear on the Ark before the Flood arrives?

#12 Arachnidus

Arachnidus
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:26 PM

Unlikely considering that the Ark was built solely for the purpose of being outside the halo array.

Yeah, I know, I mean that, seeing as the multiplayer most likely takes place after Halo 3, it could be whatever was left of the Elite/Human/Covenant/Flood forces on the Ark(I'm assuming the radiological weapon that the Halo uses destroys dead bodies as well) just before Installation 04(II) was activated.

#13 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:05 PM

Yeah, I know, I mean that, seeing as the multiplayer most likely takes place after Halo 3

Impossible. The levels Avalanche and Construct would not exist. When Installation 04 II fired, Cortana said that it destroyed both itself and the Ark.

#14 Rtas 'Vadum

Rtas 'Vadum

Shadow of Intent

• 51 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:54 PM

If I remember correctly, the stains were also in Lockout. Because most of the Forerunner structures that we visit in the game were used to hold and test the flood, perhaps it is leftover from breeches that were quelled by the Sentinels. I can't imagine why there would be any on the Ark, though. Do the stains appear on the Ark before the Flood arrives?

They are all over the place in both levels The Ark and The Covenant (before and after the flood arrive). I could have sworn I saw them on Halo as well but I could be mistaken. I can't remember for certain if they were in Halo: CE but I do know they were in Halo 2. If it had something to do with the flood then we would see a more rusted and even somewhat grown out stains (IE Isolation, the spores within the blood would grow out and start to accumulate biomass from the nearby vegetation and such). I liked the mold explanation but that would have to be some kind of super-mold, growing under all sorts of different hostile conditions. Also I think the stains only appear on the floor, not on the walls and ceilings. Mold wouldn't just grow on the floor, it would grow everywhere. I'm starting to think it may be Forerunner blood. They died in those spots, and the Sentinels disposed of their bodies, keeping with the contamination protocols.

#15 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:20 PM

I'm starting to think it may be Forerunner blood. They died in those spots, and the Sentinels disposed of their bodies, keeping with the contamination protocols.

How? No Forerunners died on the Ark in battle, the flood never had access to the Ark. And I really doubt the Forerunners just die spontaneously all over the place.

#16 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 21 June 2008 - 02:03 AM

How? No Forerunners died on the Ark in battle, the flood never had access to the Ark. And I really doubt the Forerunners just die spontaneously all over the place.

Shows what you know about the forerunners. They were notorious spontaneous exploders. Kind of like farts for us, only extremely deadly with their physiology.

#17 Saevio

Saevio

Check out my gunz

• 124 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 09:48 AM

I can't remember for certain if they were in Halo: CE

Yep, and the random drops of what looked to be Flood blood all over the place.

#18 Arachnidus

Arachnidus
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 08:19 AM

Impossible. The levels Avalanche and Construct would not exist. When Installation 04 II fired, Cortana said that it destroyed both itself and the Ark.

We don't know to what extent the damage was, however. Destroyed could be an exaggeration for all we know. All that could've happened was the debris from the Halo would've crashed onto the Ark, and parts of the Halo could still be in space, undamaged.

#19 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:35 AM

What? Nobody attempts a retort to my exploding fart forerunner theory? But seriously: rust. end thread.

#20 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:24 AM

During the events of Halo 3, it was nearly 100,067 years, to the day, since the Array last fired. I think the bigger question, at this point at least, might be why there are not more spots on these megastructures than we've seen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq