Photo

Something That Has Always Bothered Me...

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Stormtrooper30

Stormtrooper30

Keep on your toes or you might lose 'em.

• 461 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:31 AM

During the events of Halo 3, it was nearly 100,067 years, to the day, since the Array last fired. I think the bigger question, at this point at least, might be why there are not more spots on these megastructures than we've seen.

What do you mean by spots? Spots as in the stains on the wall or spots as in different Forerunner locations?

#22 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:37 AM

He's referring to what we've been talking about this entire time.

#23 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:32 AM

Yeah, I know, I mean that, seeing as the multiplayer most likely takes place after Halo 3, it could be whatever was left of the Elite/Human/Covenant/Flood forces on the Ark(I'm assuming the radiological weapon that the Halo uses destroys dead bodies as well) just before Installation 04(II) was activated.

False, It is highly unlikely that any maps take place after the events of Halo 3. Nightshade already named a couple of maps. An good example would be Rat's Nest, if you go to the outside part, where the rocket launcher is, you can see a partial cloud that appears to be the cloud you see in the levels Tsavo Highway and The Storm. The cloud would not exist after the events of Halo 3.

#24 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:40 AM

We don't know to what extent the damage was, however. Destroyed could be an exaggeration for all we know. All that could've happened was the debris from the Halo would've crashed onto the Ark, and parts of the Halo could still be in space, undamaged.

Cortana said and I quote, "When the ring fired it shook itself to pieces." I'm pretty sure that the Halo in Avalanche is quite intact. Also, the damaged Halo obviously did enough damage to the Ark to cause the portal to destabilize and close.

So I?m pretty sure taking into account both of these reasons that the multiplayer does not take place after Halo 3. For the ark to have been damaged, the Halo would have to have been broken significantly. It is not on Avalanche; therefore Halo 3 multiplayer does not take place after the single player.

#25 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:51 PM

I think it's safe to say that while fictional elements are included in multiplayer, it ultimately lies outside of the Halo canon. It's just multiplayer.

#26 Stormtrooper30

Stormtrooper30

Keep on your toes or you might lose 'em.

• 461 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 01:01 PM

I think it's safe to say that while fictional elements are included in multiplayer, it ultimately lies outside of the Halo canon. It's just multiplayer.

I agree. The maps are made with the intention of providing a good multiplayer experience. They just cange the asthetics (sp?) and map description to make it more Halo-like.

#27 Rtas 'Vadum

Rtas 'Vadum

Shadow of Intent

• 51 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 01:23 PM

I've noticed something else interesting to note: Avalanche, Epitaph, Narrows, and Valhalla are all devoid of the stains. Avalanche is easy: Halo has just been built. The snow hasn't even settled yet. Epitaph is surrounded by desert, and there is even sand all over the outside walkways. I also noticed there is Elite blood on one of the walkways, something I had never really noticed until going through and looking for the stains. The whole level The Ark is in a similarly arid environment, yet the stains are everywhere in that level. Narrows can perhaps be explained away because of the cold, but if the stains were on Lockout then I don't see how they wouldn't be here. Valhalla is next to a large body of water and there is vegetation all around it. If it was simply rust or mold then it would almost certainly have grown up around the two main structures.

#28 Mendicant Bias

Mendicant Bias
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:29 PM

The humans are not Forerunners, they merely retain similar genetic properties to the Forerunners and for that reason they were selected as the heirs to the Mantle.

Thank you for saving me the time of explaining that, but this could possibly just be the remains of some forunner food that they sat down and ate while discussing their fears of the flood.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq