Photo

343, why?

Halo 4

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

They buffed the SAW. I want to know how you justify that. It was already a death laser, now it's arguably the most powerful weapon in the game.

Drew, have you ever wielded a SAW? Have you ever picked one up and just let loose, screaming the requisite timing phrase so you don't melt that barrel down at full-auto? You're damn right it's a death laser.

#22 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,949 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:45 PM

nvm

Edited by Drew, 02 July 2013 - 06:45 PM.

#23 Nuvalari

Nuvalari
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:57 AM

Damn, I played recently for the first time in weeks. Looks like my k/d of 2 is going to be chewed up and spat out by everyone wielding BRs

XBL: Nuvalari

#24 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:01 AM

Want to pay $10 for two maps and get the shittiest version of Mark V armor to ever grace Halo?

Good news.  In August, you can!

3wvEb.jpg

#25 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 628 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:01 PM

Want to pay $10 for two maps and get the shittiest version of Mark V armor to ever grace Halo?

3wvEb.jpg

"Let's try Things I Won't Be Purchasing for $100, Alex."

#26 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:55 PM

I think $10 just to get The Pit and a new map is worth it. The fact they include Mark V and ODST is a bonus. I'm surprised you're not hot for the ODST Nizzity. Are you really gonna let me roll with it while you don't have it?

#27 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

It's hard to tell, but it looks like they may have finally eliminated the beak.

#28 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

I think $10 just to get The Pit and a new map is worth it. The fact they include Mark V and ODST is a bonus. I'm surprised you're not hot for the ODST Nizzity. Are you really gonna let me roll with it while you don't have it?

I'm fundamentally against the fact they held the best armor sets out of the game, when they've been in previous installments before, simply so they could charge for it.  That's sleezy no matter how you look at it.

Removing a feature, expectation, or even a skin.  Then charging to return it six months after launch isn't a bonus, that's a cash grab.

Oh, also, this exists.  And it's lol worthy.  Football helmet also to be included.

ricochetjuly2013_616.jpgricochetjuly2013_616.jpgHalo%204%20Champions%20Bundle%20Screensh

Edited by Nightshade, 07 July 2013 - 03:55 PM.

#29 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

Damn The Pit looks hot behind that red spartan. 

#30 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

Survivor: Ejects you out of a vehicle if it's about to explode.
Recharge: Decreases the time it takes for your shields to recharge.
Resistor: Allows Spartans to maintain their full mobility and dexterity while taking incoming fire

This paid DLC also comes bundled with three more perks that fuck the game up even more, if that's even possible. They've made a small amount of good changes since releasing their game, but I don't think they understand why those changes are good, and probably only did it to appease the few people actually playing their game. Whenever they come up with something on their own, it seems to always be something that pulls Halo further away from itself.

Ivan, why are you so easy to please? How can anyone honestly look at this at say it's worth money? A map designed by Certain Affinity and a remake of a map that isn't even compatible with Halo 4. That plus some skins are worth $10?

343 (Frank O'Connor specifically) has gone on record saying that "fractioning the playerbase" is not something in their best interests; this is one of the reasons he gave for why Halo Anniversary didn't include Halo 1 multiplayer. Every time they release a paid DLC, it fractions the playerbase further. So this Champions DLC will be the fourth time they've fractioned Halo 4's tiny, pathetic playerbase. I don't understand what the business strategy is here, especially because it's paid DLC for a game that can't even hit 30,000 concurrent players on a good day. And on top of that it's a "Fuck you, pay me" to season pass owners -- the people who are the biggest Halo 4 supporters and also the group of players that is most likely to convince their friends to buy this DLC.

#31 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

Damn The Pit looks hot behind that red spartan. 

Tunnel vision is amazing, isn't it?

#32 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,949 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:32 AM

343studiosslsb1.jpg

#33 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:43 AM

And on top of that it's a "Fuck you, pay me" to season pass owners -- the people who are the biggest Halo 4 supporters and also the group of players that is most likely to convince their friends to buy this DLC.

Seriously? I guess I'm not going to be trying it out...what the fuck.

#34 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:19 AM

$10 is a lot if you don't care for any of the other items, so don't buy the Champions bundle you can get the 2 maps for 480 points which is totally reasonable.

The War Games Map Pass was clearly explained up-front, it was for 3 map packs of 3 maps each. If you feel screwed it's because you can't read.

#35 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:55 AM

Hahahahahaha no thank you.

#36 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:06 PM

Oh Cuse, I knew you weren't getting this. You're a BLOPS II bro now along with Nizzity and Blaze.

#37 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 628 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:41 PM

Blaze pretty much hates CoD these days. He's certainly not a Blops 2 bro.

#38 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:04 PM

Actually, I haven't played a CoD since Modern Warfare (the first one). My most played game this month is Super Stickman Golf 2. Race Mode is fucking hilarious - we usually grab a meeting room and play 2 rounds every day after lunch. It's funny - that game has power-ups, zombies, and customizable helmets, but it doesn't suck.

#39 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,033 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:11 PM

Blaze pretty much hates CoD these days. He's certainly not a Blops 2 bro.

I honestly think I'm the only person that owns BlOps 2

#40 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:25 PM

The War Games Map Pass was clearly explained up-front, it was for 3 map packs of 3 maps each. If you feel screwed it's because you can't read.

You should be 343's new PR guy.

Why would they think ANYONE that has the pass would pay extra on top of that? You know how many other games have made you pay for extra maps on top of your season pass? Zero.

I honestly think I'm the only person that owns BlOps 2

I have it, but it will be the last Call of Duty I ever buy.

Edited by DualX, 08 July 2013 - 01:29 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq