Halo Spam

• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

#1 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:04 PM

I am always pissed off, do you still not know this?

Yeah, he's always been like that.

My version of Halo 1.5 for those who are interested:
  • SUPER WIDE-OPEN ENVIRONMENTS!!!! WE WANT IT MORE OPEN, BUT THEY SAY WE NEED A HORIZON LINE!!!! NOOBZ!!!
  • ULTRA-HIGH RETICULE TO MAKE UP FOR OUR HALO 2 STUPIDNESS - WE WOULD PUT IT HIGHER, BUT IT STARTED TO CREATE BIRD-SNIPING MINI-GAMES (NOT INTENDED IN FINAL VERSION)!!!!
  • VERY LARGE FIELD OF VIEW!!! 120 DEGREES!!! WE THINK PERIPHERAL VIEWING SHOULD BE FRONTAL!!! DUH!!!
  • INDESTRUCTIBLE ENVIRONMENTS!!!
  • ARCHAIC USER INTERFACE!!!
  • REPETITIVE TEXTURES CONDUCIVE OF GREAT GAMEPLAY!!!
  • STRAIGHT FORWARD MISSION TO MATCH STRAIGHT FOWARD PLOT - YOU CAN PLAY OUR GAME WITHOUT THINKING!!!!
  • M6D IS BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER!!!! KILLS WITH ONE SHOT TO THE FOOT!!! 10 MILE SCOPE RANGE!!!
  • MOVE AND JUMP AT SUPER SLOW SPEEDS - WE WANT TO PUT YOU IN THE SHOES OF A HALF-TON SPARTAN 4 REAL!!!!
  • NAMELESS AVATAR MAIN CHARACTER - WE CALL HIM THE MASTER CHIEF - PLAY IN HIS SHOES - EXPERIENCE HIS WORLD, BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T, HE'S DEVOID OF PERSONAGE!!!
  • FRIENDLY AI HAS BEEN TURNED UP THIS TIME, SO MARINES MAY FIRE AT ENEMIES THIS TIME AROUND!!!
  • ENEMIES ARE UNKNOWN CREATURES BENT ON YOUR DESTRUCTIONS. THAT'S ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW!!!!
  • THERE'S TEN MISSIONS THIS TIME AROUND, BUT DON'T WORRY, ONLY THREE ACTUAL MAPS YOU RUN BACK AND FORTH THROUGH!!!!
  • DEFYING LOGIC, OUR WARTHOG IS INDESTRUCTIBLE!!! ONLY PLAYERS INSIDE CAN BE KILLED!!! VEHICLE LIVES 4EVER!!!11
  • STORYLINE RIPPED RIGHT OUT OF THE PAGES OF YOUR MOST FAVORITIST MOVIES: ALIENS, STARSHIP TROOPERS, AND OTHER SHITE WITH BILL PAXTON'S NAME ON IT!!!!
I figure this site get's its fair share of negativity toward Halo 2 (sorry Ivan, I'm off topic) - so I thought I would chime in with a little jab at the first game. If Halo 1 was made with the addition of online play, I'm sure it would be great.

#2 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:06 PM

Oh yeah, before you guys have a burning effigy of me and are chanting "Li Li Li Li!!!" in high picthed voices - see here.

#3 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,693 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:30 PM

Lol, MS Paint.

#4 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:50 PM

Voc's Halo 1.5 still > Halo 2 Van, signing off :: Fwing ::

Edited by Vanwadilion, 07 February 2007 - 06:56 PM.

#5 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:18 PM

I hesitate to call this Halo 2.5, since Bungie's actually working on that game, but here you go...

Posted Image
  • NEW, IMPROVED CAMPAIGN! FIGHT THE COVENANT ON EARTH FOR 2 LEVELS!
  • LARGER RETICULE AND IMPROVED AUTO-AIM TO COMBAT DIFFICULTY IN AIMING SOME WEAPONS.
  • WE WENT AHEAD AND MADE IT OFFICIAL. THE SHOTGUN NOW SHOOTS WADS OF CRUMPLED UP PAPER.
  • THE ROCKET LAUNCHER'S POPULAR LOCK-ON FEATURE RETURNS, THIS TIME FOR ANOTHER FAVORITE WEAPON, THE SNIPER RIFLE. JUST SQUEEZE THE TRIGGER TIL IT'S DRY!
  • WHO NEEDS HEROES OR ICONS? PLAY AS THE ARBITER FOR THE ENTIRE CAMPAIGN.
  • FALL FROM OUTER SPACE AND HIT THE GROUND RUNNING - THERE'S NO FALL DAMAGE.
  • IMPROVED CONTROL SCHEME. THE RIGHT ANALOG STICK NOW ACTIVATES A SUPER BOUNCE- IT'S NOT LIKE YOU'LL NEED IT FOR AIMING...
  • MASSIVELY SATISFYING VEHICLE EXPLOSIONS. JUST THROW 12 GRENADES AT A WRAITH AND WATCH IT BLOW!
  • RUB SOME DIRT ON IT - WE STILL HAVE A HEALTH SYSTEM, BUT THERE'S NO NEED FOR HEALTH PACKS, OR PESKY BIOMETRIC WARNINGS TO LET YOU KNOW WHEN A SINGLE GRENADE IS ENOUGH TO KILL YOU.
  • IMMERSIVE STORY (5 HOURS OF CUTSCENES IN A 10 HOUR LONG GAME)
  • OPEN IS OVERRATED. CONFUSING AND LARGE LEVELS LIKE CAIRO STATION HAVE BEEN REDUCED IN SIZE SO THERE'S NO CHANCE YOU'LL GET LOST.
  • INNOVATIVE AND EXCITING NEW WEAPONS! TRY YOUR HAND WITH THE BRUTE NEEDLER (IT'S GREEN!) AND THE BRUTE PLASMA PISTOL (IT'S PURPLE!).
  • BREATHTAKING BOSS BATTLES. LINEAR IS THE NEW OPEN-ENDED.
  • BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND, THE FLOOD. NOW WITH IMPROVED A.I. (FEATURING RUN FORWARD AND RUN BACKWARD COMMANDS)
  • IMPROVED GAP BETWEEN THE DIFFICULTY LEVELS. ON LEGENDARY, YOU DIE IMMEDIATELY. WE FIGURED WE'D SAVE YOU THE TROUBLE. PLUS, IT'S NOT LIKE THERE ARE SKULL ICONS TO EARN IF YOU BEAT IT.
  • SUPER DUPER HALO FAN COLLECTOR'S EDITION- 8 DISC SET COMES PACKED INSIDE AN ACTUAL BUNGIE TEAM MEMBER'S BOWEL MOVEMENTS. DISC 1- THE GAME. DISC 2- A DOCUMENTARY ABOUT HOW SUPER AWESOME WE ARE. DISC 3- FRANKIE SEX TAPE. DISC 4-8 BLANK, BUT WE TOUCHED THEM. HOW AWESOME IS THAT?

#6 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:29 PM

Let Jironimo see this thread.

Edited by Blaze, 07 February 2007 - 08:28 PM.

#7 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,301 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:34 PM

[*]SUPER DUPER HALO FAN COLLECTOR'S EDITION- 8 DISC SET COMES PACKED INSIDE AN ACTUAL BUNGIE TEAM MEMBER'S BOWEL MOVEMENTS. DISC 1- THE GAME. DISC 2- A DOCUMENTARY ABOUT HOW SUPER AWESOME WE ARE. DISC 3- FRANKIE SEX TAPE. DISC 4-8 BLANK, BUT WE TOUCHED THEM. HOW AWESOME IS THAT?

I'd totally buy it.

#8 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:15 PM

This is an amazing thread. Amazing amazing amazing. Ivan will love it. Fwing.

Edited by Syracuse022, 07 February 2007 - 08:23 PM.

#9 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:31 PM

This thread is 7/10. Almost 8. It deserves a little bunny ass. :bunny: I love the reticule in Cuse's Halo 2. Classic.

#10 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:45 PM

I love the reticule in Cuse's Halo 2. Classic.

I like the real time shadows on the Prophet and hovering Tartarus.

#11 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:51 PM

I wish they would have kept the INDESTRUCTIBLE ENVIRONMENTS. On paper that sounds so tight.

#12 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:16 PM

I like the real time shadows on the Prophet and hovering Tartarus.

The shadows struck me also.

But I couldn't get enough of that pistola...right angle...boomerang?

#13 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:17 AM

Voc's Elite gets funnier everytime I look at it. I wanted to make it my avatar, but Garth would be very upset with me. Party on Garth.

#14 Supa Ben

Supa Ben
  • Veteran
  • 373 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:56 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Supa Ben, 08 February 2007 - 09:59 AM.

#15 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:08 PM

Is that your magical top hat?

#16 swearingmonk

swearingmonk
  • Banned
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 01:15 PM

this wat this bugger said
http://www.virginmed...vie-doomed2.php

#17 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 11 February 2007 - 05:14 PM

All those dumbasses at New Mombassa told me that the Halo movie was going to be the coolest thing ever, back when Bungie was swearing up and down that they'd never make a Halo movie. Well, ha. The joke's on them.

#18 swearingmonk

swearingmonk
  • Banned
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 01:34 PM

Noo they said halo had a simple story of aliens and bad guys

#19 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 06:10 AM

Cool video of Cotana from the cutscenes in Halo 1 and 2 and a brief glimpse of her from the H3 trailer.

You can see how she has evolved. I am looking forward to H3's Cortana, especially considering that I wasn't the biggest fan of some of her changes between H1 and H2. The difference between those games was pretty huge. From what we have seen of her so far, she looks more like H2's version, but I'm sure she will have undergone a redesign of some sort.

Edited by Va1or, 18 April 2007 - 06:11 AM.

#20 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:25 PM

I discussed the high level of skill at play on my school's network with a few of you last night. Case in point: I just won a game 25-7-7-4 on Ivory Tower. It was like that scene in There's Something About Mary when the one guy is playing football with the special needs kids ("Have you seen my baseball?") and is stiff arming them all over the place. What a train wreck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq