I obsessed over Horizon HARD when it came out earlier this year. Probably top 5-10 games I've ever played, the story was just so fucking good and the combat was the best I've seen in an open world game. There aren't many games where I do everything and still log in months later just to walk around and take in the sights and sounds, but boy howdy that was one of them.
Some other games I've had lots of fun with and/or obsessed over in the past 1+ years in kinda chronological order:
- Stardew Valley
- Witcher 3 (probably my favorite game ever, scratched every single gaming itch I have and gave me belly rubs)
- Overwatch (only play a little when the holiday updates come out, still fun for a few rounds of quick play)
- Dark Souls 3 (the last DLC for this wrapped up the Souls trilogy extremely well and still left enough mystery to fill in yourself)
- Dead Cells
- Titanfall 2 (this game is still fun as shit and it's a shame nobody ever bought it)
- That giant Kingdom Hearts collection (story makes no goddamn sense but they're the only games my wife watched me play start to finish)
- Sonic Mania (Sanic was the first video game I ever played, this game made me feel like I was 6 again playing my Genesis)
- Zelda BOTW
- Super Mario Odyssey (this is the best Mario game Nintendo has made)
Also I've been playing a lot of Assassins Creed Origins lately since it was on sale last week and it takes a lot of cues from The Witcher. Not nearly as interesting a story but the combat is nice and tight and the world is the best Ubisoft has ever made. The year off was exactly what this franchise needed and I'm having a blast.