Syracuse

Va1or

Vanwadilion

Voc

PC master race:

Blaze

mattacus

phreak

So it looks like this game will in fact NOT be a timed exclusive and will only be available on xbox and PC. I know most of us here have a PC anyway so it doesn't matter, but I wonder if this will move the needle for some consumers out there to pick the xbone instead now. I feel like most people out there don't even know what Titanfall is, but if it turns out to replace COD as the new go-to title then it could really move some systems.

#2 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 611 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:36 AM

Seeing as the game doesn't have a single player option, I severely doubt it.

#3 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 2,975 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

Yeah, I don't see it being a system mover.  JMO.

Destiny has the whole Bungie name going for it.

Titanfall has to be billed as "By one of the guys who invented Call of Duty and then was fired by Activision from Infinity Ward (which is still around making awesome CoD games) AND FEATURING ROBOTS!"

It also has the whole "mech game stigma" against it.

#4 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,841 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Cocopjojo
  • PSN:Cocopjojo
  • Steam:Cocopjojo

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:22 AM

We'll see what kind of marketing campaign EA throws behind it. It won't beat CoD or Destiny, but it could do well depending on how it's marketed. It looks stunning. I'm probably more excited for it than any other next gen game.

#5 Jironimo

Jironimo

XBOX ONE Apologist

• Admin
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

Seeing as the game doesn't have a single player option, I severely doubt it.

And we know that's where most players spend their time right. Seriously, a COD game could come out with no single player and people wouldn't even notice.

#6 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

Yeah, Battlefield would be better off if it didn't have SP crapped into it.

PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#7 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 611 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:02 AM

And we know that's where most players spend their time right. Seriously, a COD game could come out with no single player and people wouldn't even notice.

I'd wager quite a lot of people that buy COD don't play online.

#8 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

I hate Call of Duty single player (ditto for Battlefield 3 single player, seriously, I could write an essay on everything wrong with the campaigns for these games) but I wouldn't buy a multiplayer only Call of Duty (or Battlefield). I know it's weird, but it has to be there and I'm fairly certain that I'm not alone here. Multiplayer only sounds like something that should be F2P to me. Either way, it doesn't matter to me since I have an okay PC, even without single player, I'll probably pick it up in a Steam sale.... wait, it's EA, does Origin have sales?

#9 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,679 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:46 AM

I hate Call of Duty single player (ditto for Battlefield 3 single player, seriously, I could write an essay on everything wrong with the campaigns for these games) but I wouldn't buy a multiplayer only Call of Duty (or Battlefield). I know it's weird, but it has to be there and I'm fairly certain that I'm not alone here. Multiplayer only sounds like something that should be F2P to me. Either way, it doesn't matter to me since I have an okay PC, even without single player, I'll probably pick it up in a Steam sale.... wait, it's EA, does Origin have sales?

Not on the scale of Steam, but they definitely do them. They even did an AWESOME Humble Bundle not too long ago. I got Mirror's Edge, Dead Space 1/2, Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box, and a couple other games on the real real cheap. I wouldn't expect a hopeful bread-and-butter title like Titanfall to go on sale for a good long while though. 

#10 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,906 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

It's Call of Duty with jetpacks. It definitely has its market, and I'm interested in it, but I don't think it will be "replacing" much of anything - let alone move a significant amount of systems. I certainly won't be getting an XBO just because of Titanfall.

Edited by Drew, 03 November 2013 - 12:06 PM.

#11 Niterider

Niterider

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

Titanfall wouldn't convince me to buy an Xbone, especially since it's going to be available on PC.

Not on the scale of Steam, but they definitely do them. They even did an AWESOME Humble Bundle not too long ago. I got Mirror's Edge, Dead Space 1/2, Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box, and a couple other games on the real real cheap. I wouldn't expect a hopeful bread-and-butter title like Titanfall to go on sale for a good long while though. 

I got in on that bundle but I also ended up with Dead Space 3.  DS3 alone for the I think $5 I donated was worth it.

#12 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

So it`s out in early march. I was hoping it would be a little sooner as this is the game that is most exciting me on any next gen platform.

GT: KrAzY WiSh

#13 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 2,975 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

It's Call of Duty with jetpacks. It definitely has its market, and I'm interested in it, but I don't think it will be "replacing" much of anything - let alone move a significant amount of systems. I certainly won't be getting an XBO just because of Titanfall.

I had this attitude until I started watching some gameplay videos.  I just don't like "Mech Games."  Just not my thing.  But the game looks like it plays like classic MW with this constantly changing dynamic that makes me tingly in all the right places.

#14 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:53 AM

I had some holiday time I needed to take before April so I've booked a week off for this. I have flipped back and forth between excitement and apathy regarding this game but now I'm looking forward to it again.
GT: KrAzY WiSh

#15 Jironimo

Jironimo

XBOX ONE Apologist

• Admin
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:32 AM

Where's SharpeWolfe when you need him.

#16 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:23 PM

People are complaining about this game being 6v6. Did you guys know that higher player count means higher competitive aspects and fun? It's why MAG is doing so well. It's also why MLG runs Halo 3 big team battle games all the time too.

#17 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:01 PM

More numbers = more better. That's called math, my friends. This is why Halo 4 > Halo 1/2/3 and why the Playstation1080 >>> Xbox720.

Also, Titanfall is on the Source engine and only supports 12 players.

12 players = 6 v 6

6 v 6 = two 6s

6 divided by 2 = 3

Titanfall is Half-Life 3. Math proves everything, Nightshade.

#18 Niterider

Niterider

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:10 PM

We'll have to see how the gameplay works out.  Considering the history with Call of Duty, this is very surprising news.

However, considering we know Respawn was already complaining about the low memory on the Xbox One, there's a good chance the decision was resource driven and they're using balance as a cover.

#19 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:41 PM

We'll have to see how the gameplay works out.  Considering the history with Call of Duty, this is very surprising news.

However, considering we know Respawn was already complaining about the low memory on the Xbox One, there's a good chance the decision was resource driven and they're using balance as a cover.

You actually believe this? Are you serious?

#20 Jironimo

Jironimo

XBOX ONE Apologist

• Admin
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:44 PM

There are giant robots roaming about the map, it's probably smart that they left it at 12 total.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq