• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:02 PM

Please let me know if there's anything in particular that you see missing or isn't working correctly in this thread.

Was anyone using the dark theme on the old forum? Yes, we are working on the busted avatars.

#2 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:51 PM

The skin makes me want to barf.  Do we have options to change it on a user level?  It's almost as bad as Neogaf.

PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#3 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:54 PM

Haha, this is identical to the old AJ skin that I've used for years. I wasn't aware that anyone used the dark skin.

I'm trying to find a replacement for the dark skin right now. It's surprisingly difficult to locate good, free IPB skins for IPB 3.x.x.

#4 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

Also, I had to manually update a bunch of the avatars, and there are still some that I missed. If yours is missing, you should be able to just upload your own new one.

#5 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,301 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

This skin sucks.  Also, this thread is now hot according to the new skin.  

Animated_fire_by_nevit%5B1%5D.gif

#6 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

I found a dark theme that's pretty decent, but I've got to make some tweaks to it. Shouldn't take too long.

#7 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

Alright, I've added a Dark theme. I'm not super happy with it, but it'll do. You can access it at the very bottom left of the page.

Also, if you haven't seen the mobile version yet, it's really nice. I've only tested it on my iPhone but it's amazingly easy to browse threads now.

#8 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

FYI:

t_unread_dot.png means that a thread is unread, but you have posted in it. 

t_unread.png means the thread is unread but you don't have any posts in it.

t_read_dot.png means the thread is read but you've posted in it.

Posting inline images is much easier now since you can see the images as soon as you link to them in the text window. You no longer have to hit preview to see them.

#9 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:31 PM

Everything is confusing.

#10 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:05 AM

The Dark theme actually looks pretty good, I especially like the banner. If you notice on the left of the Dark theme, you have a nice sized margin and one of the things I've noticed about the Light theme is that there's no margin on the left. The forum is right up against the left side. Any way to adjust that?

Also, AJ is now working again here at my work and not listed as spam. Success!

#11 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:06 AM

This skin sucks.  Also, this thread is now hot according to the new skin.  

Animated_fire_by_nevit%5B1%5D.gif

I noticed you took down those "HOT" lables. LOL and Nizzity's gif. What's stupid is that it had old stuff as "HOT".

Tucker needs his avatar, it's hurting me.

#12 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:39 AM

The Dark theme actually looks pretty good, I especially like the banner. If you notice on the left of the Dark theme, you have a nice sized margin and one of the things I've noticed about the Light theme is that there's no margin on the left. The forum is right up against the left side. Any way to adjust that?

Also, AJ is now working again here at my work and not listed as spam. Success!

I'll see what I can do about that margin.

And yeah, I got rid of the HOT icons. I also fixed a bunch of other small issues, like it not displaying locations. And I was able to add custom fields for gamertags and stuff, which you can set in your profile, and they display under your name and in your profile. Right now you can input your LIVE, PSN, Steam, Wii U and 3DS (and some other stuff), but it only displays LIVE, PSN and Steam under your name (the rest are on your profile page which anyone can see if they click on it).

#13 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

Mobile version? Hooray!

#14 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,301 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

I don't get why on Earth they decided to have the personal quote above the avatar.  Seems really weird to me.  Also weird, I noticed this option on the mobile site this morning:

5boqXW0.png

Just what AJ has been waiting for.  Facebook and Twitter integration.  Are we getting hashtag and Instagram support next?  #nofilter

EDIT:  Just noticed this.  Apparently I have "three warning points?" Or so it states underneath my avatar.  Am I the only one who can see that, or can others?  I have two warnings from Coco.  You got beef, brah?  I'm sorry, I thought this was America.

Edited by Nightshade, 25 June 2013 - 01:02 PM.

#15 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:15 PM

You realize we don't pick and choose each feature that comes with the forum software right? I will be tweeting all the funny stuff you post Nizzity.

#16 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

I think it only shows warning posts to admins and yourself; it tells me I have one warning post, also from Cocop. I smell a conspiracy here, Nightshade.

Anyway, I don't see the dark theme option in the lower left of the page that you guys are talking about.

Edited by Blaze, 25 June 2013 - 01:20 PM.

#17 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,301 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

You realize we don't pick and choose each feature that comes with the forum software right? I will be tweeting all the funny stuff you post Nizzity.

This wedding is horseshit.  Also, I demand royalties for my IP.

#18 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:41 PM

I don't get why on Earth they decided to have the personal quote above the avatar.  Seems really weird to me.  Also weird, I noticed this option on the mobile site this morning:

EDIT:  Just noticed this.  Apparently I have "three warning points?" Or so it states underneath my avatar.  Am I the only one who can see that, or can others?  I have two warnings from Coco.  You got beef, brah?  I'm sorry, I thought this was America.

I might be able to fix the personal quote location, I'll look at it later tonight.

As far as the warnings... you also have one from Cuse and one from Kinetic. Watch your back buddy, your Nebraskan heritage is rubbing some folks the wrong way.

Anyway, I might be able to hide those as well.

#19 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

Not really a fan of the new skin.

-Harder to tell when new posts are made, doesn't seem to clear old ones either

-Mobile version doesn't work on Windows Phone 8

-No dark theme

#20 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.