Photo

Why didn't we hear of Ark in Halo:CE?

Halo 3

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:57 PM

It looks like a stuffed animal

These will prove he's real:

Here, he desires a cheeseburger...
Posted Image

Here, he's at McDonalds, getting that cheeseburger...
Posted Image

#22 Howling_Darkness

Howling_Darkness
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:03 PM

After some pondering, I had a sudden brainstorm; what would have been a good location for the Ark other than between Voi and New Mombasa? After some more pondering, I came upon one location: The Olduvai Gorge in Eastern Africa, otherwise known as the "Cradle of Humanity." [post="http://en.wikipedia...._Gorge"]Olduvai Gorge[/post] This is a place where they have found all sorts of fossils and whatnot from Humanities ancient and evolutionary past etc. Anyway, if the Ark had been a thing that let out the Reclaimers after the Halos toasted everything, then what better place for them to come out of. For those who thought that the Forerunner were some sort of Human predecessor or ancient Humans, than they might have come out of the Ark in this particular part of Africa, and the rest they say is history. Of course, had they done that then it would probably be to obvious who the Forerunner were, and it also could have just been a location Bungie would have glossed over anyway. Or, for all we know, there is a Forerunner artifact there other than the Ark, for it would make sense that the structure opening outside of Mombasa would be part of a complex or network of various installations and facilities, rather than just one isolated structure.

#23 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:34 PM

Excellent sleuthing work, Dark. You bring up an excellent point, and after dropping everything into Google Earth, I'm inclined to agree.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq