Halo: CE

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 04:51 PM

I remember watching this sucker 6 years ago and just being in awe. This is a 10-minute long trailer that Bungie had at e3 2000, back when Halo was originally slated for the PC.

The video seems in a way a lot grittier to me than what finally ended up being Halo. There are no grunts here. Anyway, it is fascinating to see how Bungie saw Halo at this point in development, pre-MS and pre-Xbox.

http://www.gametrail...er.php?id=19173

#2 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 05:13 PM

*sigh* Why does the sky in that trailer always look so much better than the ones in Halo 1 and 2 to me. So nice.

#3 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:30 PM

I have this vid on dvd :biggrin: your right about the sky. I think the AR sound is better in this vid, you also get to see an early version of the spectre which didnt end up appearing untill Halo 2.
GT: KrAzY WiSh

#4 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:31 PM

Heh, not seen this old stuff in a while. Since this topic has been revived, might aswell post a few pictures that are pretty rare to see.

Early elite?
Posted Image

Late Halo 1 build
Posted Image

Posted Image

Some early Halo 2 stuff
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Considering AJ is based around Halo, I'm guessing most of you have seen this stuff. Still, I always find this sorta stuff interesting. Maybe someone out their hasn't seen it.

Edited by UHYVE, 14 September 2008 - 06:32 PM.

#5 CakeTown

CakeTown

This is Caketown!

• 122 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 02:21 PM

Looks more like a machinama than something Bungie made. What I thought after watching 1. Master Chief was supposed to be a robot. 2. Why wasn't the Gauss Hog in the final version? 3. Marty seems to have been the only person with his shit together. The music is the same as the final version.
twitter: @bradenbullen

#6 MCPO RaZ

MCPO RaZ
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:26 AM

That trailer brings back those old familiar feelings of when I first heard about Halo. It's neat to see it in it's infancy and what they hoped to achieve in the title. It's also nice to see some of the creatures that never made it into the game. The funny stuff is the Marines... Lehto, McLees and Segur. Nice touch.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo: CE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq