• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:59 PM

Huge news today from MLG. Starting soon, the Team Hardcore playlist will be replace by the MLG playlist with all MLG maps and settings. Check it out the news at MLG.

I gotta say that this is a good move on Bungie's part. Many people who now only play customs might be encouraged to go online into matchmaking for practice, and it'll promote MLG's new season settings to a wider audience. The MLG season starts at the Meadowlands next month in April, so I'm sure if MLG will have final soon for a playlist if v4 aren't final already. They probably knew it was Cuse's birthday.

Good riddance to the ally only motion tracker, I hated that thing.

#2 h00ters11

h00ters11

balls outrageous

• 590 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:18 AM

Awesome, my internet isn't up for Live yet, but I play a bunch on my buddies' different accounts.
don't tread on me

#3 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:20 AM

Awesome, my internet isn't up for Live yet, but I play a bunch on my buddies' different accounts.

Wow you came out of hiding! All it took was an MLG playlist, geez. btw, I hope this playlist is ranked, I didn't see any info about that. I'm assuming it will be ranked since it's replacing Team Hardcore and that's ranked, but we'll have to wait and see. pm me your gamertags h00ters.

#4 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:03 AM

I think this is a great move as well. I'm not fond of all of the decisions MLG made, but some of them are right on the money. I don't see any reason to have a hardcore playlist that isn't being used by hardcore players. I'm really interested to see the kind of attention this'll get on the metrics and I can't see them doing this without a strong emphasis on numeric ranking.

#5 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:11 AM

Played this last night with Jacob and Rob and I dug every match except for our last one. The combat is definitely more refined and elegant, with less bullet spamming and more focus on shooting and connecting shots accurately. For the first time in a long time I played a match on Construct and really enjoyed it. There was a lot more combat flow, less camping and better effect at range - even with the Carbine, with which I had several kills. The lack of equipment, large-scale vehicle combat and weapon diversity will keep me from permanently enjoying their system of combat - but its a breath of fresh air for certain. I think, much like Team Hardcore in H2, people are eventually going to get to a rank which acts as a dead end or 'dead wall' as I coined last night. It'll be a lower rank than some of the other playlists' dead walls and it'll have an overall negative impact on the moderate or average players who can't hang with the heavy hitters. The people we played with last night were largely nub; I imagine that'll change in about two weeks and it'll be a slaughterhouse for anyone who can't use the BR with acute precision. Fun was had though, none-the-less.

#6 nighthawksw

nighthawksw
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:56 AM

It's definately a bit more difficult then the Tslayer games at higher levels, but average player skill is more accurate at the higher levels. Where as in Tslayer you can run into garbage 50z, the MLG 50z are always pretty good from what i've seen. Almost there >_>; two more levels to go.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq