• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:58 PM

Okay, four videos all made tonight. They're not the best quality because I'm still trying to figure out how to make videos from Premiere look nice while still being able to be viewed by Fallen.

Ephorate TV (YouSendIt, in .rar format)

1) The Art of the FSK- for those of you who were wondering how to use a battle rifle. Unfortunately, just before I rendered this, some of the text got screwed up, so it's a little bit messy, also the editing isn't that great, but hopefully it will help your games out, and that's what matters, right?

2) In the Zone- Vociferous was upset with his FFA standing, so I thought I'd show what I felt to be the most important aspect of an FFA game: a run. If you're going to win an FFA game, you need to, at some point, jump out ahead of everyone else. The way you do this is with long sprees, and this one, I felt, was a good example, with a little bit of everything.

3) ExKinetix- Kinetic had put down the controller for a while, but last night he redownloaded the maps and joined us on Halo 2! He joined in the middle of a Midship CTF game, spawned, and immediately stuck me. His first action after being gone for like 3 weeks? A Sticky. You bastard.

4) Suicide bomber- Just a funny clip of me sticking Fallen. While he's on my team. Then two snopes afterwards to prove I'm not a complete n00b.

• Guests

Posted 21 June 2005 - 12:29 AM

That was tight.

#3 TheDrinkNinja

TheDrinkNinja
  • 769 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:16 AM

Good stuff. I really like the format you're using, plus it's well shot, but I think I have a couple of ideas for what else we can do with it. I just got Final Cut Express, so do you think you could make a YouSendIt of some of the raw DV so I could play around with it?
XBL: TheDrinkNinja

#4 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:22 AM

Sure. How do I get it in Raw DV format and which ones do you want to play around with, or were you talking about just my regular montage?

#5 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 21 June 2005 - 06:44 AM

Very good stuff, especially the Art of the FSK. ...and it is good to be back.

#6 TheDrinkNinja

TheDrinkNinja
  • 769 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:12 AM

Sure. How do I get it in Raw DV format and which ones do you want to play around with, or were you talking about just my regular montage?

Pick any of them, though a smaller one would be nice.

There should be an export button around the menus somewhere. Click it, and for format pick DV.

That, or find the original files. I think Premiere uses DV, unless I'm really mistaken.

#7 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:07 PM

I know you need Fallen to be able to see the vids, but I could barely make anything out cause the quality was so low. I like how you only killed me once.

#8 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 03:27 PM

I'm going to try MPEG-1 next, because the one Fallen had trouble with was MPEG-2, a DVD format.

#9 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 03:46 PM

Make them the way you want so everyone else can enjoy them. I couldn?t even watch these videos because my computer couldn?t handle the quality.

#10 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:11 PM

Hahaha, for allah! Great work.

#11 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:31 PM

I'm going to try MPEG-1 next, because the one Fallen had trouble with was MPEG-2, a DVD format.

Quicktime 7, PLEASE! At least encode it in good ole' regular Quicktime because they're easier to review and run. My favorite thing is that you can move the bar cursor back and forth and the vid moves the frames as you do so it's much easier to watch replays over and over.

#12 TheDrinkNinja

TheDrinkNinja
  • 769 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 06:52 PM

No, I'd need MP1 for editing. If he can't get in in the raw DV, it'd be the next best thing.

#13 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 12:58 PM

Those are some great videos. I just need to think a little more in combat I guess. I've forgotten how big of a deal using your head is in Halo. Sometimes, I just let emotions/instincts take over, and I do dumb stuff like forget to strafe, and ignore opportunities to take cover. I guess that's what really differentiates the good from the bad, I'll have to remember all of these techniques, and try to put them to use.

#14 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 03:06 AM

The new set of videos

Comeback- a 3 plots game on Turf where Blaze, Fallen, and I made a wicked comeback

TehNewMaps- just two little tricks, a teleporter glitch on Relic that I learned from HIH, and a sicko flag cap on Terminal that I discovered/made up myself. The day someone pulls that off in game is the day that MLG comes knocking on their door with contract...

and, lastly, a preview of my montage- Please give constructive criticism because I want to know where it can improve- most of the snipes at the end are just placeholder, but I wanted to have something to show you guys before I went out of town.

The quality should be better on these than the last one- let me know what you think about them!

#15 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 09:15 AM

holy shiz, some of those stickies were sweet. Those ones on lockout as well as that uber stick on unrelenting when you had the flag. Honestly, that had as many cool things as a lot of "pro" montages have. I'm excited for the final version, and hope to somehow remain out if it. P.S. the killtacular was pretty sweet also, as was that little comeback. Thanks for the vids.

#16 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 09:18 AM

Shiggity shiggity schweet, Syracuse. The triple stick was awesome, even if Blaze caught the last one. (no one will ever know)

#17 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 09:56 AM

I didn't know, thanks Kinetic, you ruined the fantasy for me.

#18 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 12:10 PM

Oh...dammit. I thought everybody saw that post Syracuse made regarding a triple stick on Lockout a little while back.

#19 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 08:58 PM

Hehe, yeah, thanks for the kind words Kinetic and Van- I can't wait to add both of you to my list of victims, and I can't wait to get NEW MAP FOOTAGE- first time playing them tomorrow, w00t! Yeah, we were playing a no scopes game, and I stuck those first two guys and got excited and yelled out "DOUBLE STICK!" over the radio (if you listen carefully during my montage, you can hear niterider say "You're kidding..." just before he explodes) Well, Blaze caught the third one to get me even more excited, then let me know he caught it- at first I was kind of mad, but hey, it makes for a way sicker montage clip, and not everyone who sees it will know that Blaze likes to catch stickies!

#20 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 02:39 PM

I regret to inform you guys that I've stopped working on my montage. It was sucking up hard drive space like a mug, reviewing games to find good clips was tedious, and well, it doesn't really show skill anyways. Anyone can play long enough to get good clips for a montage.

That doesn't mean I've stopped making videos. They'll just be a little bit different from now on. If I post a video, it will be either be a ridiculous clip (a la my ghost sn0pe, which I wish I was taping)

GHOST SNOPE
Posted Image
Sorry, it was just the coolest thing I've done in a long time, so I had to throw it in.

or a full gameplay video, showing a really good game (like this one- am I ever taping? Not when cool shit happens, apparently), a good new trick, or something along those lines.

So, be careful Vanwadillion, I may still be taping you, you just won't end up in my montage.

Now, a video- ivan and I were talking about MLG, and specifically their Video on Demand service, which gives you access to hundreds of game videos from their tournaments, from Halo and Halo 2. There are some crazy plays in these games, and I've learned all sorts of strategies from watching the videos. The service is 20 bucks for a year of unlimited downloads, so you should check it out. This video has 3 highlights, fairly low quality since I used fraps. The downloadable games are much higher quality, and even the streams that come in live from the tournaments are higher quality, although they do sometimes lag. These are a few highlights from a couple of games I watched from MLG St. Louis. I haven't watched any of the FFAs, and I bet there were some ridiculous plays in them, as well. The last play on this vid is out of control!

Three reasons to buy VOD

It's at rapidshare. Scroll down to the bottom, choose free, then scroll down to the bottom of the new page. Once the countdown timer reaches zero, the link will appear.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq