• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 05:51 PM

I'm only buying that thing cuz I bought the first 3.

#62 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 06:11 PM

I have been going into my local comic store almost every week to find out news about Halo: Uprising and always end up disappointed. I`m not sure if there is any truth in this but the guys at the store believed that the massive delay between issue`s 2 and 3 was due to a disagreement between Bungie and Marvel over certain aspects of the story. At least I can save myself some time tomorrow in town as issue 4 will definitely not be here in the UK if you guys in the USA still can`t get it.
GT: KrAzY WiSh

#63 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 07:38 PM

They wouldn't have had a delay over disagreements. I doubt Marvel had any input on the story besides how to get it across.

Halo.wikia says this:

Due to a last minute change in a major plot point of Halo 3 by Bungie Studios, it was decided that the plot for Halo: Uprising needed reworking. However, due to writer Brian Michael Bendis' concurrent work on the "Secret Invasion" series, the release of all issues of Halo: Uprising was pushed back.

...but gives no source; so take it with a grain of salt.

#64 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:28 PM

Two new Halo comic limited series coming soon:

"During New York Comic Con, Marvel revealed two new Halo comic series in Black Spartan and Helljumper. The latter will begin its five issue run in July...
Written by the prolific Peter David, and illustrated by Eric Nguyen, the comics will star the Orbital Drop Shock Troopers of the 105th, called "Helljumpers."

http://www.gametab.com/news/2956296/

#65 Nuvalari

Nuvalari
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:10 AM

I received Uprising #4 in the mail this week and finished reading the series. Not suprisingly it didn't justify the wait for it to come out (IMO) and there was hardly any actual Chiefy substance :dry: I suppose I shouldn't have expected too much from Chief's trip on the dreadnought since he did pretty much jump on at the end of Halo 2 and jump off at the beginning of Halo 3 i.e. he was bound to blow some shit up inbetween and there was never going to be much to fill in. The main plot in the series was reasonably entertaining/wacky though and had an interesting link to an already-known-about character. Also the artwork was pretty cool but i'm not a regular comic book reader so I have no idea what to compare it to.

A little while back, when I was looking into the release of #4 I read this article about the 2 upcomming Halo/Marvel series: Marvel news article

They sound rather more interesting than Uprising in terms of Halo backstory so I will definitely check these out when they're released.
XBL: Nuvalari

#66 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:14 PM

Comic book art quality has gotten better and better over the years in my opinion, but the artist for these novels is in the top 10 of current artists, definitely. He's well known for previously doing Daredevil, and is amazingly realistic.

#67 Nuvalari

Nuvalari
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:48 PM

Comic book art quality has gotten better and better over the years in my opinion, but the artist for these novels is in the top 10 of current artists, definitely. He's well known for previously doing Daredevil, and is amazingly realistic.

Yes indeed, I actually thought the illustrations in Uprising looked like photos that had been cartoonified they were so realistic o_O
XBL: Nuvalari

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq