LatinoReview's "Fall Of Reach" Movie Info

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Ares Vale

Ares Vale

Myself, I think...

• 22 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:22 PM

Persponally, I think a movie based on this subject matter, with the other spartans, namely Kelly, Will, and the other ones, would bea good way to set the stage for a game starting off on Onyx. It'll introduce the characters, and make them known to a much wider audience than just those who read the books. But then again, a single person's opinion dun count for much. It's the will of the majority that'll get the most done. That being said, I agree with the 'concept art error' thing, but I have to point out that the training field could be modified. It could be changed to focus on certain aspects which needed focu, like speed, or just about anything else. It didn't always have to be the same, and the basket or whatever didn't always have to be there. And, I also want to see John's face. I know it's not really all that important, or even cannocal, but it would be interesting. It would also be interesting to see John's fight against the ODSTs during the microgravity therapy, if that part dun get cut. That's important towards the development of his character, as it places the first true strain on John's decision making. Another truly important event that would be epic to see on the screen would be the 'infiltration' of the covie ship above Chi Cheti 4. To have a covie ship not just rendered with high-end special effects, but damaged as well, and the energy shields glowing sliver, instead of the pale purple of the elites armor would be a great sight. It's also important to remember that he film would be meant to bring the Halo series to the eyes of those who haven't played the games, mabye some who haven't ever even picked up an Xbox controller, as impossible as that may seem. And if the Cortana factor is really that important, there can be some scenes showing her 'birth,' from that flash-cloned brain of Dr. Hasley's. Oh yeah, that's another thing. We'd get to see the mastermind herself, Dr. Caroline Hasley. I can't see her getting cut from the movie. Two major things I can see as getting cut for time are the first SPARTAN-II mission on that asteroid mase, and the first test of the true MLJONIR armor, the first synchronization of John and Cortana. Most people probably dun realize that Cortana wasn't just the AI from the Pillar of Autumn.

#22 NeuralLotus

NeuralLotus
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:40 PM

It seemd like it was the first training seesion to me when I looked at it, so I assumed it was supposed to be the same course. Also, I don't think that the course it looks as good as it could, it doesn't evinces the sense of teamwork and challenge that it did in the book. Perhaps this is just because it is concept art, but, I don't know. Also, it could be modified using creative licensing without much impact on the film as a whole. As I said before, I was mainly pointing out the errors that were in the concept art.

#23 NeuralLotus

NeuralLotus
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:19 PM

http://www.latinorev...oncept-art-5275

http://www.latinorev...image_18264.jpg

New piece of concept art. So many things wrong with their "intel" and the image. Could easily make a long rant, but, I'll try not to. First off, the info. When did the MC fight to get Cortana off of Reach. Other than in First Strike when they were on Reach, he did not. The info makes it seem like that was his sole objective, but it wasn't so in the book. So, unless I am misinterpreting that, it's wrong. Second, if it is at that point in the story, then Foehammer (Flight Officer Captain Carol Rawley) would already be dead. Third, over on the right in the image there is a Heretic Elite. Why would there be a Heretic Elite on Reach? The Covenant went there, not former members of The Covenant. Fourth, the Banshees in the background are firng red plasma bolts and a red fuel rod. Where did that come from? There are not instances described in which there were red plasma bolts, other than from a Brute Plasma Rifle, or red fuel rods. Perhaps it is explained in the script, I don't know. Could just say it's creative liscensing I guess. Fourth, see the sattelite dish that is broken and on the ground where are those sparks coming from? Rounds from the Pelican? If so, the trajectory is off.

P.S. I know that this post probaby seems pretty aggressive towards the concept art, but right now I'm in a bit of a hurry, so sorry about that. If you haven't read my other posts in this thread, please don't take this post as meaning that my opinion on the concept art is that I think because of it the movie, if ever produced, will be horrible. I've put forth a short, incomplete summary of my opinion on this through my other posts.

P.P.S. Sorry I didn't just post the pic, but I'm not sure if I can do it from the origianl site, since when I try to post it, it isn't opening the widnow to do it. Tried to allow it when it tried to, but it didn't work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq