• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#41 Blamo

Blamo

XBL: BLAMO52 Service Tag: B52

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:37 PM

The Wikipedia article on the Master Chief does not state that. Damn, you guys take stuff a little too seriously sometimes. My joke backfired on me, I ment for it to sound as if Wikipedia was always correct, which it is not. Get it? whatever.

Here's the article.

#42 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:45 PM

The Wikipedia article on the Master Chief does not state that. Damn, you guys take stuff a little too seriously sometimes. My joke backfired on me, I ment for it to sound as if Wikipedia was always correct, which it is not. Get it? whatever.

Here's the article.

When your humor is not yet understood by a group, deft smiley manipulation can be invaluable in getting your point across.

/the arbiter blows! :thumbsup:

#43 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 05:39 PM

Or you can follow the standard forum posting guide. Read maybe one to two sentences (IF your feeling generous...) and then post a moive reference/pie picture/cat picture/random lol/Pirates vs. Ninjas (Thats bound to stir some hell.) And thats it. Also, if a joke needs to be explained in longer than a sentence after you hit the punch line. You fail. :thumbsup: Get my three step program for three easy payments of $29.99. And you too can be a valuable source of comedic gold to these, or any other forums!

#44 Poe Ghostal

Poe Ghostal
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:26 AM

Getting back to the "Master Chief Must Die!" idea...I still don't know. The Chief has become a kind of mascot for the Xbox, like Mario for Nintendo. In fact, he's probably the only mascot for the Xbox.

Can you see Nintendo killing off, say, Samus Aran? I still think we're more likely to see an "ambiguous fate" ending than a clear death.

#45 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:36 AM

Chief doesnt die. Thats what I say. I'm really excited to see the new Elite model. I hope they are taller and meatier and more intimidating. Kind of like the Halo Wars trailer.

#46 Poe Ghostal

Poe Ghostal
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:42 AM

One other thing--to my knowledge, the new Halo comic is ongoing. They can stretch the story of the Chief on the Forerunner ship to maybe five to ten issues, but then what? If the Chief dies, the comic would have to become all-flashback (don't even try to tell me they'd make a Halo comic without the Chief).

Of course, they very well might go all-flashback. That might even be more interesting. But it's just one more thing to consider.

#47 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:46 AM

One other thing--to my knowledge, the new Halo comic is ongoing. They can stretch the story of the Chief on the Forerunner ship to maybe five to ten issues, but then what? If the Chief dies, the comic would have to become all-flashback (don't even try to tell me they'd make a Halo comic without the Chief).

Of course, they very well might go all-flashback. That might even be more interesting. But it's just one more thing to consider.

A. The chief is a sweet character in a video game where you storm through everything blasting away, but his lack of identity makes him boring, and his overwhelming ability give him nowhere to grow. A much more interesting read would center on some completely new character in the universe, some member of the Covenant, or a Spartan who sucks but has some secret hidden potential. Making an ongoing comic about the MC would be like making a comic about the Pope. Sure, he's got a lot of power, but the stories about the lower ranking clergy are much grittier and dramatically interesting.

B. Let us pray that Flashback is not the way they roll. Star Wars Eps I-III were all basically flashback. And, aside from being piss-poor films, the fact that you knew the fate of almost every character you cared about really sapped the life from it.

Edited by mattacus, 25 April 2007 - 06:47 AM.

#48 Cerious

Cerious
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:54 AM

They could focus on the mysterious Grey Team that was conducting operations on the far reaches of the galaxy when this whole thing went down. I sure would love to know what type of missions they were and are getting into, all the while oblivious to what going on at home.

Edited by Cerious, 25 April 2007 - 07:54 AM.

#49 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:05 AM

Or, at least, a helmetless Spartan. There is something intrinsically boring about seeing drawings of that same helmet over and over...

#50 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:40 AM

Or, at least, a helmetless Spartan. There is something intrinsically boring about seeing drawings of that same helmet over and over...

Yes I agree completely. Theres only so much ass that can be kicked.

but Bungie/Nylund did a nice job of mentioning a lot of things that were going on in other places but did not go into full detail (i.e. Grey team) so it leaves much room for them to re-address things.

#51 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:24 AM

Ew, the last one was a girl. No thanks. Cooties.

#52 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:41 AM

I thought this thread was about Chief/Arbiter coop, amirte?

Posted Image

This image was taken from the second vidoc and shows the Arbiter firing a Needler in the center. It's an environment on Earth. You're looking through the first-person perspective of the player, more than likely the Chief.

#53 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:44 AM

I thought this thread was about Chief/Arbiter coop, amirte?

Posted Image

This image was taken from the second vidoc and shows the Arbiter firing a Needler in the center. It's an environment on Earth. You're looking through the first-person perspective of the player, more than likely the Chief.

I have no problem playing as Arbiter. It would be cool to choice which one you want to play with on certain levels (i.e. LIke gears of war giving you the choice of which path to take.)

it would add to the Campaign's replay ability

#54 Blamo

Blamo

XBL: BLAMO52 Service Tag: B52

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:50 AM

This is completely off topic but..... You guy know how the Elites used to be all cool, with their super sweet armor, BUT that's when they were alligned with the prophets. Now the Brutes where new t the Covie and had thier primitive armor and weapons. They were not as important as the Elites. Now here's my question. Will the Elites in Halo 3 have new super sweet looking armor ade by them, kind of like how the brutes had thier armor? Since the Brutes clearly have Elitish looking armr now, I wonder...

#55 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 03:32 PM

This is completely off topic but.....

You guy know how the Elites used to be all cool, with their super sweet armor, BUT that's when they were alligned with the prophets. Now the Brutes where new t the Covie and had thier primitive armor and weapons. They were not as important as the Elites. Now here's my question. Will the Elites in Halo 3 have new super sweet looking armor ade by them, kind of like how the brutes had thier armor? Since the Brutes clearly have Elitish looking armr now, I wonder...

The Elites are gonna look all goofy with no armor. lol. Like mr. Bigglesworth

#56 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:33 PM

Mat, seriously, stop. It's not funny. Back on topic: How can you tell that picture is of the Arbitor?

#57 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:42 PM

Mat, seriously, stop. It's not funny.

That's what she said.

lol, sorry I had to. But seriously, can we get a Drew-enhanced version of this screen?

Edited by Va1or, 25 April 2007 - 05:42 PM.

#58 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:47 PM

Mat, seriously, stop. It's not funny.

Back on topic: How can you tell that picture is of the Arbitor?

Don't worry, a nazi sense of humor informs many moderating decisions, so you won't have to see most of those again.

/on topic: I'm excited to have an opportunity to play as either and to get multiple endings, depending on who you control in the last level. Unless you are playing online co-op, then that would be difficult (assuming you both fight the final battle together). If that's the case, I'd prefer an Arbiter-dies over a MC-dies ending. Best yet: They both die.

Arbiter: The hunch in his stance gives it away that he's an elite, the like of shininess gives it away that he is the Arbiter.

Edited by mattacus, 25 April 2007 - 05:49 PM.

#59 Oozer

Oozer
  • 137 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:33 AM

That's what she said.
lol, sorry I had to. But seriously, can we get a Drew-enhanced version of this screen?

Posted Image

#60 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:42 AM

Not to be outdone on his own turf, Drew also provides a few shots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And this begs the question, since the Arbiter (note the smooth lines and metallic gray sheen) is obviously not wielding an Assault Rifle, why would that particular reticule appear on screen?

Questions, questions...

Edit: HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT I JUST FOUND SOMETHING HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT UPLOADING NOW

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Look. Look! I'M STILL SHAKING! LOOK AT IT! OMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

Edited by Drew, 26 April 2007 - 01:53 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq