• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#1 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 03:19 AM

Is anyone else just a little nervous about downloading the Beta. I have confidence in Bungie but they kind of have me worried. I know its Microsoft and XBLM but do you think they will have seen the magnitude that the Beta is going to bring at the strike of 12:01am or whenever it is announced it will be released. There will be 10s of thousands just waiting for that sucker. When halo.com opened for the first 13,333 to register the dang thing crashed in 2 minutes. And this whole shaky Halo 2 maps release. Some people STILL dont have them. If I have any problems downloading the Beta i'll jump out the window. I wait for it as I would a newborn baby.

#2 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 06:16 AM

COMMAND AND CONQUER 3 DEMO "The file weighs in at 1GB, which apparently has clogged some Internet pipes and made downloading fairly sluggish. On his blog, Xbox Live Director of Programming Larry Hryb, better known in the gaming community as Major Nelson, confirms that some users have experienced slow download times. However, since the demo went up, Microsoft has been at work alleviating the problem, and Hryb suggests that those users who are encountering slow transfer speeds restart the download." (Gamespot. 4/21 ) AAAAHHHHHh!!! I did experience problems downloading C&C demo. I thought it was my connection. I guess not. Not NEARLY the amount of people that will be downloading the Beta were downloading C&C and they had problems... I hate my life.

Edited by NJ x Falk0r, 21 April 2007 - 06:17 AM.

#3 Blamo

Blamo

XBL: BLAMO52 Service Tag: B52

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 06:42 AM

Wait 2 hours to download it. That's what I'm doing.

#4 sicher

sicher
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 08:39 AM

I'm more concerned with the Rule of Three and initial beta signup participants getting their access code (Judging from the Shadowrun beta I think this is the method they will go with) to download the beta on the 16th than the actual speed of the download. I really don't want to have to hunt down a copy of Crackdown at a 24 hour Walmart at godawful o'clock in the morning. It will be about 3 in the morning here when the beta is ready so I'm going to start the download, then I'll be nestled all snug in my bed while visions of Mongooses dance in my head. With a bit of luck and the number 7 everything will be good and ready when I wake up.

#5 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 09:02 AM

I need to find the interview, but it was Larry Hyrb talking about the next dashboard update and this was a question asked of him. He said a massive portion of time was being put into the update to prepare the marketplace (and Xbox Live) for the huge flood of downloads. Also if you remember, the next update will also bring us downloading with the console in "Low Power Mode". Essentially off, so you can atleast go to sleep and hope for the best.

#6 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 09:13 AM

Luckily for me, I'll get to download the Beta on June 3rd, when no one else on the entire planets will be downloading it. So I shouldn't have a problem.

#7 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 21 April 2007 - 09:21 AM

Luckily for me, I'll get to download the Beta on June 3rd, when no one else on the entire planets will be downloading it. So I shouldn't have a problem.

Ha! I don't get to download it at all!

/I win.

#8 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 09:37 AM

If I have any problems downloading the Beta i'll jump out the window. I wait for it as I would a newborn baby.

:blink:
It's only a videogame dude. You don't need to kill yourself over it. >_>

#9 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 09:51 AM

:blink:
It's only a videogame dude. You don't need to kill yourself over it. >_>

Yeah, I don't think your Homeboy would appreciate that very much.

#10 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 12:30 PM

Anyone actually play the Comand And Conqure 3 demo yet? I was weird when I saw Michael Ironside just there, felt like Sam Fisher was doing the breifing...

#11 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 12:36 PM

I got halfway through the training before my wife asked me to play something else, because it was boring the crap out of her.

#12 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:47 PM

Do you guys think there's any possibility that MS will put the beta up for download on the Marketplace in advance of when you can actually play it. It makes sense to me for everyone to download it a little early to ease the rush of downloads, you just won't be able to play it because matchmaking won't be turned on.

#13 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:03 PM

Anyone actually play the Comand And Conqure 3 demo yet? I was weird when I saw Michael Ironside just there, felt like Sam Fisher was doing the breifing...

I did. It was pretty fun. I might pick it up some time.

Do you guys think there's any possibility that MS will put the beta up for download on the Marketplace in advance of when you can actually play it. It makes sense to me for everyone to download it a little early to ease the rush of downloads, you just won't be able to play it because matchmaking won't be turned on.

Yeah, so then everyone can stare at the menu. :tongue: I dunno, but that sounds like it'd make too much sense. My money is that it'll go live at Midnight, and XBL will crash shortly thereafter. I mean, if the freaking 130MB trailer made it slow to a crawl, imagine what a 1.5GB Beta is going to do. =/

#14 Blamo

Blamo

XBL: BLAMO52 Service Tag: B52

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:50 PM

My guess is that they let the downloading begin on the 11th.

#15 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:56 PM

My guess is that they let the downloading begin on the 11th.

For some lucky souls. I just wish I knew who they were.

#16 zenbaltz

zenbaltz

axisZENalive

• 199 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:15 PM

When does the spring dashboard update come out... if it releases before the Beta, it should help. Microsoft claims that with the update they have/are beefing up the servers for marketplace downloads.

#17 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:21 PM

The spring update will definitely be out before the Beta. I think it releases next Tuesday.

#18 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:35 PM

They already beefed up the servers. That was what took place during the last maintenance, you know, the one where everyone thought the Halo 3 Beta would go live after.

#19 GhaleonEB

GhaleonEB
  • 314 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:03 PM

The release is happening in the middle of the night for a reason, I suspect. And the F&F program will take a tiny bit of load off by letting some lucky bastards in early.

#20 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:26 AM

Will the beta be downloadable through any copy of Crackdown?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq