• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#21 Blamo

Blamo

XBL: BLAMO52 Service Tag: B52

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:18 AM

Will the beta be downloadable through any copy of Crackdown?

Nope, only the ones with the magic sticker on it. "INCLUDES INVITATION TO HALO 3 BETA"

#22 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:51 AM

Nope, only the ones with the magic sticker on it. "INCLUDES INVITATION TO HALO 3 BETA"

Which is currently every copy at retail, I believe.

#23 r3dn3ck snip3r

r3dn3ck snip3r
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:00 AM

A freind of mine signed up for the beta on halo3.com, and got the e-mail that said he was in. But, he hasn't gotten the code yet. When do you think they'll send the codes out?

#24 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:06 AM

A freind of mine signed up for the beta on halo3.com, and got the e-mail that said he was in. But, he hasn't gotten the code yet. When do you think they'll send the codes out?

When the beta goes live. Not before.

#25 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:02 AM

When the beta goes live. Not before.

Which means that technically, the people who won the contests are going to get it later. BTW, do you know if it will be possible to sit on the main menu of Crackdown, and after the Beta goes live, simply hop into the download section and you're on your way? Or do you think that you'll have to boot Crackdown up after midnight to see the Beta?

#26 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:24 AM

Which means that technically, the people who won the contests are going to get it later. BTW, do you know if it will be possible to sit on the main menu of Crackdown, and after the Beta goes live, simply hop into the download section and you're on your way? Or do you think that you'll have to boot Crackdown up after midnight to see the Beta?

Don't know if Crackdown's menu will update automatically with DLC going online, but I'm sure even if I say it will, it won't stop people from continually going back and forth between their dashboard and the game's title screen.

#27 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:02 AM

Don't know if Crackdown's menu will update automatically with DLC going online, but I'm sure even if I say it will, it won't stop people from continually going back and forth between their dashboard and the game's title screen.

Okay, thanks for the heads-up. It's just that it seems like it takes AGES for the game to start up. =(

#28 GhaleonEB

GhaleonEB
  • 314 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:06 PM

Okay, thanks for the heads-up. It's just that it seems like it takes AGES for the game to start up. =(

Thanks to the seven screens that cycle through upon boot-up before the title screen, none of which can be skipped. :wacko:

#29 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:44 PM

Thanks to the seven screens that cycle through upon boot-up before the title screen, none of which can be skipped. :wacko:

Ugh, yeah.

Stealth edit! All 35K will NOT get into the Beta, my bad. Seems only a very small percentage of those will, and through random drawing too. Now I don't feel so bad. =)

Edited by Drew, 08 May 2007 - 03:12 PM.

#30 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:49 PM

Which is currently every copy at retail, I believe.

Can anyone confirm this? I'm going to try to rent a copy before the 16th just so I can game with you guys.

#31 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:23 PM

Can anyone confirm this? I'm going to try to rent a copy before the 16th just so I can game with you guys.

All rental copies will be fine. They were no doubt from the first production run. I don't think that they are still making them, but I know you can find a copy at retail. It's probably just a little harder to track down. As for the rental, take it home, go to the "downloads" menu, and make sure that it says "Halo 3 Beta" at the bottom. If it doesn't, return it and ask for a different copy.

#32 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:45 PM

I'm really not looking forward to doing this all over again.

During the Rule Of Three. I sat at work staring at Halo3.com and Refreshing everey 15 seconds waiting for the site to come up so I could register. (Thank you Mozilla for automatic page reload)

I dont think you will be able to just sit inside of Crackdown because after the game loads and you go to the DLC screen it does not appear that it is loading in new content, or searchin for new content for that matter. You're better off sitting inside XBLM

Edited by NJ x Falk0r, 08 May 2007 - 03:46 PM.

#33 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 04:08 PM

But then, people will have the opportunity to beat me. By seconds, maybe even minutes! I don't think I'd be able to handle that. ._.

#34 Blamo

Blamo

XBL: BLAMO52 Service Tag: B52

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 04:27 PM

I'll just sit at the main menu of Carckdown, and when the clock hits, I'll press A on Downloads, Halo 3 Beta will pop up, and SHAZAM! I'll be kickin ass in no time!

#35 kon3cto

kon3cto
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 04:54 PM

I've heard that if the game disc has red on it, then you can access the beta through that disc. If the disc is blue though, you're outta luck.

#36 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:55 PM

I've heard that if the game disc has red on it, then you can access the beta through that disc. If the disc is blue though, you're outta luck.

I heard that Halo 3 is already out in China... :confused:

#37 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:09 PM

FALSE

#38 Oozer

Oozer
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:01 PM

*sigh* My 360 recently succombed to the Red Ring of Death. So I'll miss probably the first week of the beta. And with my luck possibly all of it. I have my fingers crossed that MS actually holds up their end of the deal regarding the 5 day turnaround for the repair.

#39 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:51 PM

*sigh* My 360 recently succombed to the Red Ring of Death. So I'll miss probably the first week of the beta. And with my luck possibly all of it. I have my fingers crossed that MS actually holds up their end of the deal regarding the 5 day turnaround for the repair.

Recently? As in, 12 hours ago? Holy shit that sucks.

#40 Oozer

Oozer
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:12 PM

Recently? As in, 12 hours ago? Holy shit that sucks.

Not that recently, but due to extenuating circumstances I haven't been able to send it away until this week. It broke out of warranty, but the credit card I bought it with doubles the warranty of anything bought with it. I've been going through them to get paid back for the repairs and wanted to get that squared away before having it repaired. I didn't want to get stuck with a $140 charge. Especially since I'm completely broke lol.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq