#41 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:59 AM

I feel for ya Ooze mine died about a week and a half ago. Hopefully I'll be getting it back sometime this week or early next week. One thing's for sure, the second those cooler Xbox 360's hit I'm trading my refurbished one in for one of those.

#42 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 09 May 2007 - 03:28 AM

What about the "Towel Trick"?

#43 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:11 AM

Believe it or not, this actually worked for me. Twice.

#44 r3dn3ck snip3r

r3dn3ck snip3r
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:50 AM

When the beta goes live. Not before.

Oh, OK. Thanks for clearing that up. Do you know if they'll get the code at midnight, or sometime later?

Explain, por favor

#45 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:16 AM

1) No one knows the exact time that the codes will be given out. There are a lot of factors that won't be revealed until that moment the beta goes live. 2) Wrapping the 360 in a towel to purposely overheat the unit for 30 minutes, letting it cool for 15, and then attempting to play again usually yields good results.

#46 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:00 AM

I've heard of some who do it for fifteen minutes every time their 360 goes out, and other still who just do it once for an hour and it never gives them trouble again. (The towel trick, not sex)

#47 Oozer

Oozer
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:14 AM

I've tried it a couple times. The first time it worked for about an hour. The next time it worked for about 15 minutes. Ever since it will get it to boot up, but it freezes within 5 minutes. I'm actually thinking of trying to fix it myself. There's a fix that supposedly has a 95% success rate according to those who have tried it at Xbox-Scene.

The towel trick, by the way, is covering the entire console with a towel and running it like that for at least 20 minutes. That somehow melts or warps something back into place or something.

I feel for ya Ooze mine died about a week and a half ago. Hopefully I'll be getting it back sometime this week or early next week.

I've got my fingers crossed for ya. If MS holds up there end of the bargain, then you should get it back before the Beta starts. Which, incidentally, is at 5 AM EST. There's now a countdown on the B.net homepage that confirms the 5 AM time.

#48 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:01 PM

There's a fix that supposedly has a 95% success rate according to those who have tried it at Xbox-Scene.

Yeah, I saw that aswell. It looked very convincing, but I don't have the right parts at the moment. I was thinking about trying it on an old broken 360 I've got lying around. Heh, could have three working 360s in the same house...

Hope I get my code nice and early. I think using the code will be worth it, it'll be cool being able to boot Halo 3 from the dashboard.

Edited by UHYVE, 09 May 2007 - 05:04 PM.

#49 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:09 PM

Some of these posts should be moved to the Xbox 360 thread, including this one. Some people actually open up their 360's and just use a hot glue gun to get the warped parts to stick where they're supposed to, which is pretty hilarious considering that's exactly what Microsoft did with the Elites and epoxy.

#50 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:23 PM

If you go to the Xbox 360 thread there is a link I posted with instructional videos on how to preform the "Towel Trick".

#51 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:04 PM

I ended up tossing mine under the comforters on the bed for about 20 minutes. I let it cool down for fifteen, and it's worked ever since (five months). I also recently performed it for a friend, and it's been going strong for a month.

#52 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 12:01 AM

If MS holds up there end of the bargain, then you should get it back before the Beta starts. Which, incidentally, is at 5 AM EST. There's now a countdown on the B.net homepage that confirms the 5 AM time.

I checked out the countdown on Bungie.net, and it also ends at 5 am for me but I'm in CST. What does everyone else got?

EDIT: It looks like the countdown timer uses your OS system clock to countdown to 5 am on 05/16. We should still expect 5 am come the 16th, but it'll be PDT which is 7 am my time and 8 am EDT.

#53 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 10 May 2007 - 01:01 AM

Cool. Right when I get off work.

#54 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 03:46 AM

Staggered release!! WEEEEPA!! East Coast.... Double WEEEEPA!!

#55 r3dn3ck snip3r

r3dn3ck snip3r
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 05:22 AM

do you do the towel trick while the 360 is on?

#56 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 05:26 AM

Yeah. There's something about trapping the system heat that helps the system. And this time, you thought you weren't doing enough to keep it ventilated...

#57 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 05:35 AM

Towel Trickery

#58 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 02:01 PM

Holy crap. I just realized something. Or maybe, it's just finally sunk in: Tomorrow. Holy Jesus, it's tomorrow! OMG!

#59 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 02:10 PM

Tomorrow for the F&F peeps. Not for us lowly masses.

#60 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 02:32 PM

If you go to the Xbox 360 thread there is a link I posted with instructional videos on how to preform the "Towel Trick". - Nightshade

Please look up next time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq