Party System confirmed for Beta

Halo 3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

#21 sicher

sicher
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:09 AM

Split screen is confirmed, but the number of people it will allow isn't. I'd guess two.

Two Player Split Screen is confirmed.

#22 GhaleonEB

GhaleonEB
  • 314 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:18 AM

Frankie made another vauge allusion to additional features in the Beta that have me stumped.

and remember guys, even though it's matchmaking only, you can still enter some playlists as a team - and there are some other social additions should make it easier to stick together.

http://www.neogaf.co...p;postcount=149

Social features that help groups stay together? I'm on board with Voc's speculation regarding ad-hoc custom games (fill up the party), but this one I can't begin to fathom.

#23 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:06 AM

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you can probably keep an entire game (8-16 players) together for unranked matchmaking (hence the "certain playlists"). ...Or something.

#24 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 12:09 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you can probably keep an entire game (8-16 players) together for unranked matchmaking (hence the "certain playlists"). ...Or something.

You're not out on a limb. I've been here for a few weeks now:

We probably won't get that lucky, but our version of Matchmaking may have a special feature so that it simulates custom games without giving players the actual feature...meaning you can play with your friends and not with any strangers. This can already be done, somewhat, by gaining a party that equals the total amount of players needed for a specific unranked hopper and entering (i.e. Team Training is 4v4, so if you have eight players, matchmaking will create a room for eight and all of your friends will come in tow - matchmaking dictates the gametype and map).

- Voc, QFT.

#25 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:50 PM

Bah. >_>

#26 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:00 PM

My last Uni exam for this year is on the 16th of May.... so lucky.... meant to be going out for a celebration though, so I guess I'll just have to start the beta downloading before I go out, and play it alil tipsy when I get home.

#27 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:43 PM

My last Uni exam for this year is on the 16th of May.... so lucky.... meant to be going out for a celebration though, so I guess I'll just have to start the beta downloading before I go out, and play it alil tipsy when I get home.

I have my last one this thursday. I won't be getting wasted, but I understand the desire to do so.

#28 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:06 PM

By all means go out and get smashed, but make sure you play with us afterwards. I've always wanted to know what drunk British people sound like first hand.

#29 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:15 PM

By all means go out and get smashed, but make sure you play with us afterwards. I've always wanted to know what drunk British people sound like first hand.

Posted Image

Brits + Beer + Guns = Supreme Awesomeness.

#30 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:29 PM

Exactly what I was going to do, except I was going to use Snatch. The part where the Pikeys get fucking waylayed.

#31 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:30 PM

I guarantee he will use the word Bloody

#32 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:35 PM

Lol. Weirdly enough, I actually do say bloody hell quite alot when I've had a bit to drink :ermm:

#33 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:04 PM

Lol. Weirdly enough, I actually do say bloody hell quite alot when I've had a bit to drink :ermm:

Awesome.

#34 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:25 AM

Party System? Check!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq