• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#41 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:31 PM

http://xboxmedia.ign...lo/halomag6.jpg

Halo 1 rockets. I notice that of the three, Halo 3 rocks take up the least amount of the HUD, and are held completely different than in H1 and 2.

Edited by Drew, 10 May 2007 - 08:33 PM.

#42 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:39 PM

OK, I started DL'ing this before hopping on GoW with y'all tonight. I then threw it on my thumbdrive (along with more PP eps). And I just now watched it. All I have to say is I really have to go to the bathroom, or I just had a happy moment in my pants. OMFG OMFG OMFG. MAWR LAZR!!! I want Lazr Cat for an avatar option. Drew, make it so!

#43 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:42 PM

Posted Image

#44 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:43 PM

I'm just as excited (if not more) about seeing this video, but wasn't the unveiling supposed to happen tomorrow? I love the new sounds! I'm actually surprised they got someone good to show off the game like this.

#45 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:50 PM

I'm just as excited (if not more) about seeing this video, but wasn't the unveiling supposed to happen tomorrow?

Well, it was. But something has me thinking that we're going to get a lot more content relatively shortly.

Oh, and the site is about to get hammered with traffic. Just a heads-up.

#46 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:56 PM

Is it just me, or does it look like when he sticks GarbageStar at 2:46 with a Spike that the stuckee reaches for the nade like he's trying to pull it out. And I like the plasma grenade sound effect. And the new BR tattattat.

#47 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:29 PM

BR comparison
Posted Image

There is no more arm blocking your view

Posted Image

I love the new Carbine.

Posted Image

Edited by Va1or, 10 May 2007 - 09:48 PM.

#48 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:39 PM

Is it just me, or does it look like when he sticks GarbageStar at 2:46 with a Spike that the stuckee reaches for the nade like he's trying to pull it out. And I like the plasma grenade sound effect. And the new BR tattattat.

It is most definitely NOT you. I saw that, and I was like "OH SHI-". I didn't say anything, because I thought I was crazy. =(

#49 Oozer

Oozer
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:41 PM

I'm going to try and extract some sound effects from it later, though I've got basically no experience in audio. If anyone can point me to a few sound rippers and editors, that'd be great.

Aha! Now the ball is in Farnsworth's court!

Posted Image

Quick grabs of sound effects:

Mongoose driving

Plasma Grenade + Killjoy (Killjoy?)

Sniper Reload

Spartan Laser Shot

I'm going to try to filter out the music, but I'm not expecting success. If you want any others, just ask.

Drew: Audacity is a great recording program and editor and dbpowerAMP is a great converter/grabber.

#50 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:59 PM

Awesome, thanks Oozer! If it wouldn't be too much to ask, could you grab the moment where they throw the frag and plasma 'nades at the end of the Man Cannon? That sounded so cool.

And, the Carbine fully loaded (Is anyone else getting a real Halo 1 vibe from that skybox? Holy crap. Also, the HUD is orgasmic.) :

Posted Image

Great job, Va1or.

Edited by Drew, 10 May 2007 - 10:01 PM.

#51 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:05 PM

Nice work, Oozer! Thanks dude. FYI, I think you accidentally linked the Mongoose sound twice - when I click "Plasma Grenade - Killjoy" I get it again. As for the video, I'll play and decide for myself in a few days, but that shit looks SO MUCH BETTER than Halo 2. SO MUCH. Everything looks refined, and new features like the Spartan Laser and Trip mine have me truly believing... Noone has mentioned it yet, but for me the pinnacle of the video was when he was getting torn apart by spikers and had the presence of mind to drop his trip mine, then throw a plasma grenade to make sure it went off. Now THAT'S what I'm talking about. Nuances baby! "Killing Frenzy" is another new medal by the way. I wonder what a 5 kill combo is now? It's obvious, but noone's mentioned it yet, so I'll do it: "Lasered" is another medal. I hope they eventually put in a separate medal for Spike Grenades. I saw no medal awarded for it once, and another time I saw the sticky medal... That hill had better be placeholder. It was easily the ugliest thing in that video. VIP looks and sounds like a new classic.

#52 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:15 PM

That hill had better be placeholder. It was easily the ugliest thing in that video.

What hill?

It should also be noted that I have reason to believe that the first stage of the F&F is a go.

#53 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:20 PM

What hill?

It should also be noted that I have reason to believe that the first stage of the F&F is a go.

Actually the only people playing right now are the people returning from the internal alpha/beta, the Microsoft people. The F&F doesn't start till tomorrow. You know someone on it and how they got in?

#54 Oozer

Oozer
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:37 PM

Here we go (The links should be right this time lol):

Plasma + Killjoy

Plasma + Frag (for Drew) (Is this what you were looking for?)

I think Killjoy is a new medal you get for ending some one else's killing spree. When he gets it, on the left it has the "You ended so-and-sos killing spree message."

#55 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:40 PM

Actually the only people playing right now are the people returning from the internal alpha/beta, the Microsoft people. The F&F doesn't start till tomorrow. You know someone on it and how they got in?

No, it's just that Xbox Live has slowed to a craaaaaaaawl. There have been no new releases for the past 22 hours, and all of a sudden Xbox Live seizes up? A couple hours before the F&F program is supposed to start? Suspicious, to say the least.

Here we go (The links should be right this time lol):

Plasma + Killjoy

Plasma + Frag (for Drew) (Is this what you were looking for?)

I think Killjoy is a new medal you get for ending some one else's killing spree. When he gets it, on the left it has the "You ended so-and-sos killing spree message."

Yeah, that's what I was looking for. You even got the BR reload in there! Sweet! Thanks again. =)

#56 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:48 PM

Noone has mentioned it yet, but for me the pinnacle of the video was when he was getting torn apart by spikers and had the presence of mind to drop his trip mine, then throw a plasma grenade to make sure it went off. Now THAT'S what I'm talking about. Nuances baby!

The thing I noticed about that was how much the guy was missing with the spikers, but if you watch the player's shields, they're draining like crazy. That gun can be devastating.

#57 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:52 PM

Well, work proxy just blocked my access to those files.

#58 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:57 PM

No, it's just that Xbox Live has slowed to a craaaaaaaawl. There have been no new releases for the past 22 hours, and all of a sudden Xbox Live seizes up? A couple hours before the F&F program is supposed to start? Suspicious, to say the least.
Yeah, that's what I was looking for. You even got the BR reload in there! Sweet! Thanks again. =)

Hmm I noticed it was slow as well. What is this 'F&F' you guys keep referring to?

#59 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 11:00 PM

Hmm I noticed it was slow as well. What is this 'F&F' you guys keep referring to?

Bungie's Friends and Family program. A couple thousand lucky fans
Spoiler
will be getting the Beta five days before anyone else. That's supposed to happen today.

#60 GhaleonEB

GhaleonEB
  • 314 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 11:01 PM

I'm just as excited (if not more) about seeing this video, but wasn't the unveiling supposed to happen tomorrow?

I love the new sounds! I'm actually surprised they got someone good to show off the game like this.

Credit Luke on the release, I think. He talked about how he wants to bring more content directly from Bungie to the fans in a Kotaku interview, and now the first story he posts is the first video of the Beta, on the eve of the press blowout. I think that's the kind of thing he wants to push going forward. Godspeed, Luke. :banana:

Of all the great stuff in the video - and thre's a LOT, though you guys have covered it already - the sound design has me the most excited. I thought just getting nailed by the Spartan Laser was wicked enough. But the sound of firing it is simply awe-inspiring. I wince. There's a wet, sticky "thwock" when the spike grenade is attached to a poor soul, the explosions have a nice rumble to them and everything just has more punch than in Halo 2.

So. Hyped. :tongue:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq