67 replies to this topic

#61 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 03:26 AM

Bungie's Friends and Family program. A couple thousand lucky fans

Spoiler
will be getting the Beta five days before anyone else. That's supposed to happen today.

According to Bungie.net:

FRIENDS AND FAMILY FIESTA

You may have heard rumors, tales whispered in dark corners of mysterious taverns. Bearded men speak in icy tones of a legend. A secret level of Public Beta, called ‘Friends and Family.” Aye, such a thing exists. It is the same beta, sent out a few days earlier, to Bungie Friends and Family. We never revealed how you became a friend or a family member, and nor will we. Some of ye already know who you are and how you’ll be getting your invite. Others, in for a rare treat.

A selection of Bungie.net members – regulars all - has been picked using a semi-random process devised by our own Roger Wolfson and Tom “Achronos” Gioconda. Those lucky winners have already been picked and collated. Next week, on the evening of the 11th of May, they will receive a Friends and Family code, delivered to one place and one place only. Their PM mailbox right here on Bungie.net. Spread the word – a small percentage, but still a significant number of Bnet loyalists, are getting the Golden Ticket delivered straight to their Bnet PM mailbox.

For those of you who “win,” congratulations. And for those who find that PM Mailbox empty on the 11th, our commiserations. NOTE: These winners have been picked; the ONLY way to find out is by checking that PM mailbox here on Bnet on the 11th. Do NOT ask us if you’ve won or not. We can’t tell you. Do NOT try to create a new account – it’s already too late. Do NOT spam the forums. The matter is settled.

For everyone else, the same avenues for the normal Public Beta still exist – for most of you, that means playing via specially marked versions of Crackdown (still available in stores) and a few others won contests from their regional Xbox organization.

But it’s all so much. If only I had help.

According to what they say, it seems like they're sending it out the evening of 05/11, which would be tonight, probably PDT. My guess is that it's going to be between 6pm and midnight PDT, which means we're more than several hours away, right? I don't know. I'm still curious if there's a way we can get into this thing; I'm not exactly the most frequent poster on Bungie.net. Even though the F&F starts tonight, we'll be privy to loads of info from the press between now and then...and particularly, after the San Fran/NYC event tonight. That's what I'm psyched about...

#62 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 03:59 AM

Hey guys. I just got to work and saw the video. It was so icky. (Good) Impressions: Spartan laser is ridiculous. 5 Shots in that sucker is pretty vicious!! The three second charge up doesn''t seem to take long at all. Mongoose crumbling to pieces = awesome I kinda wish rockets looked a little cooler. I always thought they looked goofy Everyone throwing grenades on the spot where the Man-Cannon-Rider lands = Fun Battle Rifle = Fttt Fttt Fttt /sound Dont think i'll use the mancannon very often. Unless the other team's sniper is terrible and my team has Spartan laser, and theres no one in the middle. Brute Shot definitely tossed that guy, LOVEIT Dunno how i feel about different colored helmet from body The guy on Valhalla protecting the VIP thought he was so safe on that little rock ledge. :) 2:30 Shield recharged fast as H.E.Double Hockey Sticks. I love "Electric-ness" of plasma grenade 2:47 after he sticks him with Spike grenade, I'm not sure what the guy is doing, it almost looks like he's reaching for it to try and pull it out of his leg because he reaches from left arm to right hip. Does anyone know what is going to happen when you already have a piece of equipment and you walk over another piece? Do we have to hit something to switch them, can we drop one to give to a friend, or do you have to stay there and protect it until a friend comes and picks up the other piece of equipment??

#63 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:48 AM

What hill?

He's talking about the KOtH hill. And yeah, it was the ugliest thing in the vid Cuse, I agree. Like Drew said and I hope, hopefully it's placeholder.

#64 Cerious

Cerious
  • 106 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 06:15 AM

http://img293.images...01911126jy6.jpg
http://img520.images...01924290oc3.jpg

GOTDAMN!

That was down right nasty. His whole body was covered in some type of plasm-electrical field before blowing up. I luv sticky nades now.

#65 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 09:04 AM

Does anyone know what is going to happen when you already have a piece of equipment and you walk over another piece? Do we have to hit something to switch them, can we drop one to give to a friend, or do you have to stay there and protect it until a friend comes and picks up the other piece of equipment??

That's an excellent question, actually.

As for the KoTH, though, there's no way that's final. I'm not at home, so I can't check the date on the build, but I'm pretty sure it's at least a few weeks old. I'll update when I get off work.

#66 r3dn3ck snip3r

r3dn3ck snip3r
  • 134 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:34 AM

could some1 explain VIP pleease sounds like team juggernaught to me... is it?

#67 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:55 AM

One guy on each team is the VIP with an overshield. To gain a point you have to kill the VIP. First to 10 points wins the game.

#68 r3dn3ck snip3r

r3dn3ck snip3r
  • 134 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:49 PM

thanks sounds cool

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq