Halo: Reach

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Postmortem

Postmortem

POSTMORTEM

• 255 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:09 PM

One thing I've always loved about Halo is the sheer amount of dialogue issued by the soldiers you fight alongside. Reach is no different, especially with the wide range of voice actors it has to offer. Anything good or funny you've heard? General comments concerning the writing or voice acting in Reach? Might as well post it here. "You ever wonder what's up there? I mean, besides the genocidal aliens." - Soldier on Long Night of Solace
GT: FinalPOSTMORTEM

#2 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,948 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:47 PM

"That's what you get when you mess with a Spartan." Or another classic, "Say the words, please."

Edited by Drew, 29 September 2010 - 09:47 PM.

#3 Postmortem

Postmortem

POSTMORTEM

• 255 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:10 PM

I have to say my favorite line in the game has to be "Good luck to you Spartan." There's just something about the look on Keyes' face, the delivery of the line, and the deeper understanding. It really is the pivotal moment for Noble 6, in my eyes. He/she could have potentially gone with the Chief and been fighting alongside him for the whole of the Halo series, but instead decides to remain with his/her fallen comrades, to protect the Autumn and ensure that one ship makes it off planet, and make his/her final stand for Reach and for them, even knowing that it will fall. The whole depth of Noble 6's tragedy almost seems to be summed up in that one line, coupled with the look of understanding on Keyes' face. The line is essentially: "Good luck, even though we both know it won't matter. But thank you."

#4 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,948 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:11 PM

All joking aside, I'm a pretty big fan of Jun's "Gonna steal it back," line. I thought it was about as perfect as you're going to get with Halo dialogue. I honestly haven't payed as much attention to it as I probably should, especially when IWHBYD is on (what was the reasoning behind making skulls available from the start, again?). I'll make a point of it next time I run through campaign.

#5 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:24 AM

Some of the dialogue with IWHBYD is pretty good, but the real gems come with the firefight voices. I got Stacker's voice cause it was the cheapest and he has some good lines. Headshot: "Oooh, I can see through that!"
XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#6 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:18 PM

"... To war."

#7 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:05 PM

"... To war."

Thank you for that completely useless command. Now if you would kindly give me some coordinates for the rally point, that would be super.
PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#8 Postmortem

Postmortem

POSTMORTEM

• 255 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:05 PM

"... To war."

Yeah, that's gotta be the worst line in any of the games.

#9 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,693 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:11 AM

Yeah, that's gotta be the worst line in any game.

Fixed.

Right up there with Gears' "More like 10 shitloads."

#10 Niterider

Niterider

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:16 AM

Please. You guys have no idea what bad dialog is.

#11 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,948 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 12:08 PM

Amazing, I love this shit.

#12 UltimateDogg

UltimateDogg
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 12:33 PM

man i never realized how aweful this game was. It didnt seem this bad when i played it way back when

#13 Niterider

Niterider

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:17 PM

That's almost not fair, Drew. Fighting games are often poorly translated and aren't don't have good stories/writing to begin with (of course, nobody cares about the story of fighting games).

#14 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,948 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:29 PM

That's almost not fair, Drew. Fighting games are often poorly translated and aren't don't have good stories/writing to begin with (of course, nobody cares about the story of fighting games).

I mean, come on though, man.

There's no excuse for THAT thing.

I've heard a handful that are worse, but I'll spare you guys the suffering.

#15 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 04:28 PM

Amazing, I love this shit.

Posted Image

#16 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:37 PM

Some of the dialogue with IWHBYD is pretty good, but the real gems come with the firefight voices. I got Stacker's voice cause it was the cheapest and he has some good lines. Headshot: "Oooh, I can see through that!"

If you have some spare credits lying around, I would strongly recommend picking up a Firefight voice. All Six's voice (the default one) ever does is grunt or chuckle - buying Emile's voice yesterday has increased my enjoyment of the Firefight soundscape considerably.

#17 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,948 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:49 PM

I just wish somebody would post five-minute gameplay videos of all the different voices. I have a pretty good idea of what Buck's sounds like because everyone uses it, but other than that I'm clueless, and I'd rather not shit out a bunch of credits for something that I don't end up using.

Edited by Drew, 04 October 2010 - 01:49 PM.

#18 Postmortem

Postmortem

POSTMORTEM

• 255 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:51 PM

Personally I'm fond of Auntie Dot. Fortunately, their original idea for her voice failed, and instead of sounding like you are Auntie Dot, it now sounds like you have an AI in your armor commenting on your fight. Unfortunately, this led me to believe that Cortana would be the same way, and I made the mistake of wasting a bunch of credits on her. I don't recommend anyone else doing that. Unless your Spartan character is female...

#19 drossello

drossello
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:09 PM

Personally I'm fond of Auntie Dot. Fortunately, their original idea for her voice failed, and instead of sounding like you are Auntie Dot, it now sounds like you have an AI in your armor commenting on your fight. Unfortunately, this led me to believe that Cortana would be the same way, and I made the mistake of wasting a bunch of credits on her. I don't recommend anyone else doing that. Unless your Spartan character is female...

hahaha, youll soon get hot for other spartans!

#20 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,032 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:07 PM

hahaha, youll soon get hot for other spartans!

Yep, that's happened to me. My controller keeps getting off center due to the erection. It's kind of reminiscent of the Z-trigger on the N64 controllers. Rumble Pak FTW!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo: Reach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq