Halo 3

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 zenbaltz

zenbaltz

axisZENalive

• 199 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:33 PM

Microsoft/Bungie has updated HALO3.COM with loads of new info. 'CUSE, your M6D has a scope buddy, congratulations.

#2 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:43 PM

Cuse,

Somebody loves you.

Posted Image

#3 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:45 PM

Voc, I found your images for H3DA. :)

#4 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:48 PM

I was just thinking they would work well there.

#5 zenbaltz

zenbaltz

axisZENalive

• 199 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:54 PM

I can't even manage all of the data in-pour right now... THE BR ONLY HAS 12 SHOTS IN A CLIP!!! WTH... Bungie is totally balancing this shit. YES!!!

#6 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:57 PM

The "story so far" describes the Flood's intentions as a "ferociously intelligent plan."

#7 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:01 PM

OMG the elite shadow looks ridiculous I can't waiit to see them

#8 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:02 PM

I can't even manage all of the data in-pour right now... THE BR ONLY HAS 12 SHOTS IN A CLIP!!! WTH... Bungie is totally balancing this shit. YES!!!

12 "shots" x 3 round bursts = 36 bullets, just like H2.

#9 zenbaltz

zenbaltz

axisZENalive

• 199 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:04 PM

I don't know man, it sounds like they are implying that a different way... maybe, not.

#10 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:11 PM

I don't know man, it sounds like they are implying that a different way... maybe, not.

Definitely 36 rounds

#11 MoNuckah

MoNuckah

Has a wide stance.

• Veteran
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:13 PM

Looks like they moved the MG on the Scorpion, its now on the deck instead of integrated in the turret. Either that or its now a two person vehicle, letting the passenger work a front facing MG with the co-ax MG still in place. Or neither. Or both. Edit: The wraith got similar treatment.

Edited by MoNuckah, 30 April 2007 - 01:14 PM.

#12 Howling_Darkness

Howling_Darkness
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:15 PM

I was surprised that they updated the site in such a manner. What was most interesting to me is not only is the Arbiter back :cool: but the Elites are the Human's allies in one form or another. Another thing that surprised me is that they showed a silhouette of a Human Flood Combat Form, and that they confirmed the presence of these creatures in the game. And they did it so soon, since the game won't be out for at least another five or six months. Perhaps Voc, you're analysis of the leaked script was indeed correct? If so, a kudos to you and this site, my friend. Also, from what I was able to discern, the Elite's armor seemed much sleeker than before, and might in some ways more resemble what they wore in the Halo Wars trailer. Another thing that was interesting is that the Gravemind is a part of the Flood evolutionary line, and that it was stopped by the Forerunner's mass suicide and firing of the Halos. Wait a minute: Gravemind stopped by the Halos? What is going on here? I was also happy to see that the Drones, Grunts, Jackals, Hunters, and Brutes are there too. Looks like the whole gang's here! As for that M6D, I have to say that I am happy too; I enjoyed head shots with that gun immensely, and given that it is very different and probably inferior to the other scoped weapons, it should be interesting to see how this plays out. :ninja: Finally, if the site is updated like this so early, what does this suggest about release dates and the games current progress? Aside from being in the Beta to final phase, perhaps it will be released in September after all. Things so far strongly suggest that to me, so I guess that is a very likely possibility.

#13 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:15 PM

Banshee now capable of a "limited hover" Edit: Also, John is the "last of the Spartan II warriors." No Spartan buds in SP I guess.

Edited by Va1or, 30 April 2007 - 01:22 PM.

#14 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:25 PM

Banshee now capable of a "limited hover"

Edit:

Also, John is the "last of the Spartan II warriors." No Spartan buds in SP I guess.

Should be: Banshee again capable of a "limited hover.

/technically, before it was unlimited hover...

#15 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:42 PM

Am I reading incorrectly (Sorry, Sub, but you definitely were - the BR still has 36 bullets in a clip which enables it to fire 12 shots - most easily visible in the Last Resort vid that just leaked about 2 and a half minutes in) or does the Carbine now hold 36 rounds in its clip? WHA? Other things: the Gravemind has a memory of last time. I really hope that the turrets in the Scorpion and Wraith are for passengers, a gameplay change that looks feasible based on the cosmetic changes. I'm glad the Banshee hovers again. Thank God. M6D. Wow. The website fails to mention Halo PC under the "Games" section and says that Halo 1 was for 1-4 players.

#16 Poe Ghostal

Poe Ghostal
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:54 PM

I see John is referred to as "the last fighting member" of the Spartans (my italics). Interesting. Wonder if that's a shout-out to us novel-readers.

EDIT: Oop, that's only on the story section. He's the last of the Spartans on the character page. :unsure:

Edited by Poe Ghostal, 30 April 2007 - 02:00 PM.

#17 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 02:13 PM

This pretty much confirms everything we already knew. Awesome sleuthing, guys. It looks like it payed off. =) Also, what's with Johnson's head?

#18 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 02:33 PM

This pretty much confirms everything we already knew.

Awesome sleuthing, guys. It looks like it payed off. =)

Also, what's with Johnson's head?

he's a bald white guy now

#19 MoNuckah

MoNuckah

Has a wide stance.

• Veteran
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 02:34 PM

If the Scorpion/Wraith is now a 2 person vehicle, I wonder if the driver gets the MG and the other person fires the main cannon, or if its stays basically the same, but the second person gets a heavy MG.

Either way, Voc and Sharpe can now let their powers combine.

#20 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 02:37 PM

There may be some surprises about the M6D, both good and bad, that hasn't been released. Blaze, can you cap those images of vehicles/weapons.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq