Halo: CE

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#241 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:20 AM

Coco, if I complete any coop mission on Legendary will I still get "Standard Operating Brocedure". I'm also hoping that I won't have to go through the game on Normal, Heroic, and then Legendary in order to get the campaign completion achievements.

Some games still don't stack achievements, it's so frustrating.

I asked Test and they said yes, it stacks. You don't have to replay for each.

#242 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:34 AM

Coco, if I complete any coop mission on Legendary will I still get "Standard Operating Brocedure". I'm also hoping that I won't have to go through the game on Normal, Heroic, and then Legendary in order to get the campaign completion achievements.

Some games still don't stack achievements, it's so frustrating.

Bro, you don't enjoy Halo 1 enough to play it through a few times? What is this I don't even.

#243 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:27 AM

Why would I ever want to play on Normal? Heroic or Legendary alone, always on Legendary in Coop.

#244 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 464 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:09 PM

Heroic or Legendary alone, always on Legendary in Coop.

Yup.

Sometimes though it's handy to play on the lower difficulties if you want to go sightseeing. =)

#245 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:25 PM

Newegg.com has the $29.98 deal going again. Add to cart to see the discount.

#246 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:25 AM

The reviews for this game have been pretty dumb. One review I read complained that 343 should have updated the campaign by adding more modern stuff like boosting, changing weapons with an ally, boarding, dual wielding, etc. and then later in the same review complained that the multiplayer was a much different experience than the original H:CE. It's been surprising to see reviews complain that they should have added more elements from the current games to the HA single player campaign. If stuff like boarding, destructible vehicles and dual wielding really make a big difference on how you feel about the quality of a game, you're an idiot. Thank you Microsoft for at least not messing with the campaign (beside sniper reticule?).

#247 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:56 AM

Thank you Microsoft for at least not messing with the campaign (beside sniper reticule?).

Maybe I'm just crazy. Nobody else seems to care about it. Of course, I'm willing to bet that the majority of the people on NeoGAF telling me I'm crazy have played about 1% of the OG Halo that I have. I find it much harder to snipe in 2x now, and that used to be one of my favorite things to do. ?\(?_o)/?

#248 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:08 AM

Double post. For the record, the multiplayer in this game is fuckawesome. It's amazing what an across-the-board enjoyable set of maps, the removal of armor abilities from most gametypes, and an M6Q can do for things. I just want them to tweak the jump height (it's a little heavy - you can't even hop on top of the tombstones in Hang Em half of the time). I went into this expecting to be wowed by the campaign updates and underwhelmed by the multiplayer, but based on last night, the opposite is happening.

#249 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:15 AM

Sucks about the reticle, sorry 'Cuse. I'm told that's something that we wanted to fix but didn't have time to. If it's any consolation, it actually fires exactly the same, it's just the HUD skin that's different.

And it sounds like MP is feeling good for a lot of people, I'm ready to get into it myself tonight.

#250 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:21 AM

Thanks for the clarification, Cocop. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

As for multiplayer, yup, it feels pretty good.

#251 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:07 AM

Also, I find it very interesting that you noticed the Sniper reticle which 99/100 people wouldn't notice, but you didn't see the Ascendant Justice easter egg that's out in the open and plain as day. ;)

#252 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:45 PM

Uh-oh, time to go hunting... What immediately comes to mind is the board where the flyer for the lost calico cat answering to Jonesy used to be. It'd be sweet if there were a marine sergeant with Ivan's visage and unique team leadership style.

#253 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:38 PM

Uh-oh, time to go hunting... What immediately comes to mind is the board where the flyer for the lost calico cat answering to Jonesy used to be. It'd be sweet if there were a marine sergeant with Ivan's visage and unique team leadership style.

If there was a commanding officer with Ivan's "unique" leadership style, I believe the events of Halo would've plaid out far differently.

#254 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:41 PM

How would they have plaid out?

#255 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:22 PM

If there was a commanding officer with Ivan's "unique" leadership style, I believe the events of Halo would've plaid out far differently.

Ensign:"Captain Keyes! Where are we taking the Autumn?!"

Ivan Keyes: "Straight up the middle, sucka."

#256 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:58 AM

How would they have plaid out?

I have to say, I think anytime I make a passing joke at Ivan lately, I misspell something. First with the "woundn't" and then with the "plaid".

Hell, for old times sake lets throw in an "oppinion" while we're at it.

#257 Postmortem

Postmortem

POSTMORTEM

• 255 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:02 PM

Posted Image

I noticed the sniper reticule immediately as well. However, I prefer the new one. Seems to make me better at sniping. :/ Go figure.
GT: FinalPOSTMORTEM

#258 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:30 PM

Loving the game so far, but it does still have some bugs that I hope to see worked out for Halo 4. -Music seems to skip when transitioning to a cutscene. -Voice work isn't always synced with the characters during said cutscenes. -The "Low Ammo" text is not as noticeable anymore as it seems to use a darker blue color. -Framerate issues. Not game breaking, but still noticeable. Was this to stay true to the original, or perhaps that you have both graphic engines running at once? (Personal thing) -Am I the only one that thinks Sgt Johnson look weird? On the bright side... +Love the use of colors +Love the new texture work and environment updates I watched GameTrailer's Retrospective of the Halo series before playing this game and I'm officially hyped after seeing the work that was put into this.

#259 Postmortem

Postmortem

POSTMORTEM

• 255 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:49 PM

(Personal thing)
-Am I the only one that thinks Sgt Johnson look weird?

This is probably my favorite Johnson of all the Halo games. :P Minus the weight issues that all the characters seem to have...
GT: FinalPOSTMORTEM

#260 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:20 AM

I'm with you Dual, I think Johnson looks very weird.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo: CE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq