• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:53 PM

WHEN: Tuesday night, August 21, 2007 at 10 p.m.

WHERE:
IMAX Theater, Pacific Science Center, Seattle
200 2nd Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109

Directions

WHAT: For the first time ever, Halo 3 will be unveiled to the public, in dramatic big-screen fashion at the Seattle Pacific Science Center, on an IMAX screen.

Bungie staff will be on hand to demonstrate a sneak peek at co-op Campaign, Saved Films, and one or two surprises. There may also be time for a brief Q&A.

Entry to this unique and unprecedented fan event is free, but you must be 18 years old, or be accompanied by an adult Guardian. Halo 3 is rated MA by the ESRB. Space is limited and seats cannot be guaranteed. Attendees are responsible for their own transport and parking.

Seats will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. The premiere and demonstration should last less than an hour.

Warning: Photography, video cameras and cell phone camera use are strictly prohibited.
To RSVP for this event click here: hnation@microsoft.com

Linky

#2 GhaleonEB

GhaleonEB
  • 314 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:59 PM

I was debating going because of the drive, and then: BAM.

I'm there, no questions asked. :D

#3 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:03 PM

I was debating going because of the drive, and then: BAM.

I'm there, no questions asked. :D

You BETTER go or you will be letting us all down.

#4 GhaleonEB

GhaleonEB
  • 314 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:17 PM

You BETTER go or you will be letting us all down.

I will take appropriate action, then. :thumbsup:

Edited by GhaleonEB, 20 August 2007 - 02:17 PM.

#5 MoNuckah

MoNuckah

Has a wide stance.

• Veteran
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:30 PM

Tomorrow? 10pm? Damn! I'm about 75 minutes away. I've been to that IMAX a few times, its RAD. It seats about 80 - 120 or so. I reckon I'd have to get there around 5 or so to even have a chance. Major traffic time, but ooooooooooh man. Hmmmmm. I may very well go down there.

#6 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,949 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:32 PM

I'm going (hopefully). I'll let you guys know if it changes, but I'm trying to wriggle my way out of dinner with the wife (which was the plan for tomorrow night) and go. If I end up going, we should meet somewhere Ghaleon.

#7 MoNuckah

MoNuckah

Has a wide stance.

• Veteran
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:36 PM

If I do go and can't make it, I'll just visit some friends and old haunts (read: lots of bars) Something I've really missed since I moved out of Seattle. Where do you live Drew? Carpool?

#8 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:38 PM

Seeing you guys talk of travel arrangements makes me so sad... Screw this, alright Va1or lets go. Carpool ??

#9 RetroShadow

RetroShadow

Your Local Cinematographer and Photographer

• 623 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:40 PM

Only a three hour drive for me.
XBL:RetroShadow
AIM:RetroShadow1

#10 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,949 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:02 PM

If I do go and can't make it, I'll just visit some friends and old haunts (read: lots of bars) Something I've really missed since I moved out of Seattle.

Where do you live Drew? Carpool?

I live about three hours north of Seattle. I'm probably going to end up eating dinner with the wife anyway, so a carpool may be out of the question.

#11 MoNuckah

MoNuckah

Has a wide stance.

• Veteran
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:09 PM

I live about three hours north of Seattle. I'm probably going to end up eating dinner with the wife anyway, so a carpool may be out of the question.

All right, thats cool. I live in Anacortes, 20 minutes E of Mt Vernon on I-5.

3 hours North? Do you drive slow, or are you Canadian? :tongue:

I figure that the line will start at the latest around 6 or so, so I think I'll plan on heading that way around 4:30 - 5. If there isn't a line, I have some friends I can visit to kill time. Then again, it could be full by 2:00 so who knows.

#12 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,693 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:28 PM

Only about a 3 day drive for me. If I break the speed limit a little and don't sleep I think I can make it in time.

#13 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,949 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:39 PM

All right, thats cool. I live in Anacortes, 20 minutes E of Mt Vernon on I-5.

3 hours North? Do you drive slow, or are you Canadian? :tongue:

Well, I guess north isn't really accurate. I live over on the other side of the mountains, past Leavenworth. It's way more East, but I've just told people I'm north, because when I tell them it's East they get confused. Oh well. =S

#14 GhaleonEB

GhaleonEB
  • 314 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:05 PM

Only about a 3 day drive for me. If I break the speed limit a little and don't sleep I think I can make it in time.

Stock up on Game Fuel. It will help you do both.

#15 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:10 PM

Seeing you guys talk of travel arrangements makes me so sad...
Screw this, alright Va1or lets go. Carpool ??

I don't think my Hyundai can drive that fast. :down:

#16 quickshade

quickshade
  • Banned
  • 408 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:34 PM

Why can't you guys do this in Chicago. Godam parents choose to live in this crappy windy city and I got the short end of the stick. Why Bungie, why did you have to move away from your roots??? Navy pier, MS&I, and about 3 other IMAX screens within a 25 mile radius and you choose to move to Seattle. Stupid Bungie....now I'm not buying the game.

Now that I got that out.....UPDATE right after the event. Even if you have to do it by cell phone internet or steal a laptop from bungie....I'll pay the bill*

Will not pay bill in reality.

#17 Cerious

Cerious
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:14 AM

I wonder if there are any plans to feature the game footage on XBL later? Or If they plan to bring this to an IMax theater on the East Coast. There's one in Times Square and I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Edited by Cerious, 21 August 2007 - 05:15 AM.

#18 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:57 AM

If they plan to bring this to an IMax theater on the East Coast. There's one in Times Square and I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Me too, to be honest I'd go to Chicago, or anything within a 6-8hr drive. I already had today off of work.

Oh well.

#19 Cerious

Cerious
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:38 AM

Damn NJ, you're a spartan trooper. There's only so much I would do to see Halo 3 early and driving from NJ to Chicago isn't one of them. LOL.

#20 GhaleonEB

GhaleonEB
  • 314 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:04 PM

So I'm set to leave in about five hours. Soda, gas, munchies for the road aquired. Golden ticket from the powers that be obtained. I do not know - nor have I asked - why I have recieved said Golden Ticket, but I'm not one to complain of such things. I'll get home about three hours after the event, and will do a super-detailed report. I've promised one on NeoGAF, and one here as well. I'll try to capture some extra details on the kind of things we hardcore folk here would appreciate. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq