• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 10:05 AM

So the X Button has a variety of functions. Right now, we know of these:
It's clear that different maps, environments, postitions and circumstances would dictate different actions, but if you had to pick one to go into battle, which would it be and why?

#2 Shin Karasawa

Shin Karasawa

Halo?

• 432 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 10:20 AM

It's clear that different maps, environments, postitions and circumstances would dictate different actions, but if you had to pick one to go into battle, which would it be and why?

Tripmines, definitely...They're my favorite weapon in any FPS game, ESPECIALLY Half life 2. I'm excited to see something like them in the upcoming release...We'll probably have a few GI Jihads who are a bit too comfortable with the blast radius of the device, however.

#3 MoNuckah

MoNuckah

Has a wide stance.

• Veteran
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 10:20 AM

Bubble shield.

A little dose of invulnerability at the right time could be all the difference. It looked like it could roll in the ViDOC, which is cool. Build up some momentum and toss it, then you and your team mates have a traveling piece of cover to move to the next hillock or other geometry, or the final push to a tough objective.

Although, the trip mine could be a nasty, nasty toy as well.

#4 Shin Karasawa

Shin Karasawa

Halo?

• 432 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 10:23 AM

Bubble shield.

A little dose of invulnerability at the right time could be all the difference. It looked like it could roll in the ViDOC, which is cool. Build up some momentum and toss it, then you and your team mates have a traveling piece of cover to move to the next hillock or other geometry, or the final push to a tough objective.

What I am wondering however, is how they will implement the bubble shields in close range areas...It would look shoddy to have a bubble shield sticking out of the other side of enviromental polygons...

#5 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 10:49 AM

What I am wondering however, is how they will implement the bubble shields in close range areas...It would look shoddy to have a bubble shield sticking out of the other side of enviromental polygons...

Well, for right now that's what's happening. See the ceiling during the sniper sequence on FORERUNNER. I would definitely, definitely put the trip mine in my loadout before the others. I've been wanting mines for a while now...

#6 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 11 April 2007 - 11:47 AM

Tripmines all the way. I'm itching to set up a baker's dozen of those about 100 yards from a base in Valhalla and watch the Warthogs fly.

#7 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 11:51 AM

My immediate thought is bubble shield, though I'll have to see how the trip mines work out. I'm really not interested in the little lift.

#8 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 12:09 PM

Tripmines all the way. I'm itching to set up a baker's dozen of those about 100 yards from a base in Valhalla and watch the Warthogs fly.

I don't know what the settings menu will bring, but these puppies are rare. I don't even know if you'll spawn with one yet...

I've been a bubble shield man myself, since ole 2006, but you guys already know that. I'd like to see what other options are available though...

#9 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 12:29 PM

I don't know what the settings menu will bring, but these puppies are rare. I don't even know if you'll spawn with one yet...

Stop ruining my dreams!!!

#10 Shin Karasawa

Shin Karasawa

Halo?

• 432 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:04 PM

Mmm...tripmines + toned down damage/overshields + rocket launchers + tank shells = Dukes of Hazard. Sounds like hours of fun.

Edited by Shin Karasawa, 11 April 2007 - 01:05 PM.

#11 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:31 PM

I'd like to see what Ivan could do with a transportable jump pad. Since he's our "good strats man," I'd like to see what he could do with the option of a bigger jump wherever he wanted it. Me, I'd like the bubble shield if I can choose where to deploy. It's no secret that if I have a strength, it's in a support role (covering the sniper, laying down suppressing fire, bothering the heck out of the opposing sniper with a few bursts to take them out of scope), and I consistently lead the team in assists. If someone starts ambushing Sharpe during a sniper run, I'd just throw my bubble at Sharpe.

#12 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:02 PM

Wonder if you can drop a bubble shield into a warthog, since the ball thingy seems physics based I don't see why you couldn't... might make taking the flag home alittle easier...

#13 Shin Karasawa

Shin Karasawa

Halo?

• 432 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:14 PM

My, wouldn't it be lovely to throw down a tripmine into someones' bubble shield right as he is activating it? Talk about messy.

#14 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:23 PM

My, wouldn't it be lovely to throw down a tripmine into someones' bubble shield right as he is activating it? Talk about messy.

Now that's a "contained blast" if there ever was one.

#15 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:29 PM

I'd like to see what Ivan could do with a transportable jump pad. Since he's our "good strats man," I'd like to see what he could do with the option of a bigger jump wherever he wanted it.

What part of "Just run down the center" needs a jump pad?

Me, I'd like the bubble shield if I can choose where to deploy. It's no secret that if I have a strength, it's in a support role (covering the sniper, laying down suppressing fire, bothering the heck out of the opposing sniper with a few bursts to take them out of scope), and I consistently lead the team in assists. If someone starts ambushing Sharpe during a sniper run, I'd just throw my bubble at Sharpe.

We'll keep you at support. Just not for rocket guys.

#16 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:42 PM

Well, my personal choice would be the bubble shield. So much fun to be had with it. Plus think if you can throw it how many lives you could save (Not to mention the flag carriers.) if you used it to contain a would be fatal grenade blast. The only thing I don't like about it is the way it "bounces" when it's on the ground. If you look in the Vidoc, it moves up and down slowly, which I just think looks some-what stuiped, but I can deal with it.

#17 Blamo

Blamo

XBL: BLAMO52 Service Tag: B52

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 04:44 PM

Like what Nightshade said, it has physics to it, and it did kind of bounce. What would be awsome is if you could roll it around by walking into it. Imagine rolling towards a cornered enemy, letting it touch him and then shredding him apart with thte AR. oh..how much it shall be.

Edited by Blamo, 11 April 2007 - 04:44 PM.

#18 r3dn3ck snip3r

r3dn3ck snip3r
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 06:27 AM

Imagine rolling a shield bubble onto a grav lift, then jumping on yourself. You are now flying forward... inside the shield bubble! but yah, I'm goin with the bubble

#19 zenbaltz

zenbaltz

axisZENalive

• 199 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:14 AM

Kind of off topic... but what the h#ll happened to the rocket launcher... i didnt see it once in the vidoc??? I don't know what I'd do without my SPNKR haha

#20 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:53 AM

Kind of off topic... but what the h#ll happened to the rocket launcher... i didnt see it once in the vidoc??? I don't know what I'd do without my SPNKR haha

I think they've made some significant changes to it and didn't want to give it up in the VIDOC.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq