Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 460 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:15 PM

There's definitely a wide range of expectations for the TU but I've already heard some really dumb suggestions.

New Challenges

Challenges should be the lowest priority and there's really nothing fundamentally broken about the challenge system. It's more to do with how plainly boring they are. Bungie fixed them at launch and despite promises to the contrary they have been on auto-pilot ever since. If they added an extra 0 on to the end of the cR payouts, they could call it a day there. I don't even see that happening.

Hope 343 are working on Challenges for Halo 4 though as it's all a bit like Forge in Halo 3 - a good idea that needs another fundamental pass for it to reach it's full potential.

Forgeworld 2

I have no idea how anyone think a TU could produce a new map, never mind a map on the scale of Forgeworld.

Divisions?

We know they are doing something with fall damage. Things like Bloom will certainly be targeted and there's quite a few different alterations they could make to any of the Armour Abilities. How though can they make these wide ranging changes co-exist with Reach as it is. Bloom and Armou Abilities, as much as folks have issues with them, are pretty fundamental to the game's design and function. I mean it is doubtful they would remove Bloom and Armour Abilities altogether. Will this mean that some of the changes will be restricted to certain playlists - like the "Classic" playlists coming with the CEA maps perhaps?

At the very least, it's unimaginable that players with removed Bloom, fall damage and Armour abilities could fight alongside or against those with them. So will Reach be segregated with populations defined by playlists and maybe different labels - "Classic" and "Modern" and never may they meet?

#22 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:30 PM

At the very least, it's unimaginable that players with removed Bloom, fall damage and Armour abilities could fight alongside or against those with them. So will Reach be segregated with populations defined by playlists and maybe different labels - "Classic" and "Modern" and never may they meet?

No, we can't go fracturing the player base, that's immoral.

#23 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 460 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:35 PM

No, we can't go fracturing the player base, that's immoral.

We could always call the TU a failure because it doesn't have a feature we want and peddle bullshit against people that disagree.

#24 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:01 PM

We could always call the TU a failure because it doesn't have a feature we want and peddle bullshit against people that disagree.

I will be doing this if bloom is not somehow removed, so you can start preparing for that.

#25 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 460 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:06 PM

I will be doing this if bloom is not somehow removed, so you can start preparing for that.

I'm expecting bloom to be toned down or removed altogether. You'll have to start preparing other reasons to be upset.

#26 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:11 PM

I'm hoping the TU has all of the features I want so that I can be smug about how butthurt you are that they doubled the amount of bloom, hit the "moon" button on Warthog physics, and decreased Spartan Laser charge time.

#27 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:05 PM

I'm hoping the TU has all of the features I want so that I can be smug about how butthurt you are that they doubled the amount of bloom, hit the "moon" button on Warthog physics, and decreased Spartan Laser charge time.

Hit the moon button, LOL!

#28 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 460 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:18 PM

Hit the moon button, LOL!

I wouldn't be against this idea.

#29 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 460 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:31 PM

Bloom is DEAD.
Armour Lock Nerf
Melee-Shield Damage Bleed

343 Fixed Reach, pancakes for all.

#30 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:18 PM

I'll be happy once I see it fixed for the pistol as well. Might actually jump back in. Is this update supposed to fix the rest of the game too or just on these maps?

#31 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 460 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:54 PM

I'll be happy once I see it fixed for the pistol as well. Might actually jump back in.

Is this update supposed to fix the rest of the game too or just on these maps?

It's a global update. Gameplay changes will be playable across all maps, according to the 343's folks posts on GAF today. Someone was specifically challenging whether or not you'd be able to use a a DMR without bloom on a shipping map and there was multiple reassurances that the changes are being made across the board and not localised to the CEA maps.

Apparently the majority of the changes will be found in specific gametypes which in turn will be found only in matchmaking playlists. Further, the playlists will offer a split between "Classic Reach" and proper "Classic Halo". So the five folks that love bloom can be locked away in their own playlists.

There's still a ton load more of official information to be released at HaloFest next week. Most of the information, bar the new video and revelations, have come from clarifications the 343 folks have been making on message boards. I imagine next week we'll be getting a full, or near full run down of the things that will and won't be addressed.

#32 zenbaltz

zenbaltz

axisZENalive

• 199 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:54 AM

How many gamers return to the Non-Bloomed Halo: Reach?? HALF A MILLION.

#33 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 624 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:15 PM

I popped Reach in over the weekend to try the beta hopper. Why the fuck do they have regular game types in this play list? Regular Slayer? Insta-quit. With that said, Zero Bloom Slayer was nice (though getting stuck playing it on the shittiest maps possible was a bummer). I don't envision myself jumping back in to Reach, though I'll give 343 an A for effort.

#34 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:26 AM

Yeah, until there are Halo 1 maps in Reach, I have a hard time compelling myself to play it. Reach's maps are infuriating.

#35 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:44 AM

I popped Reach in over the weekend to try the beta hopper. Why the fuck do they have regular game types in this play list? Regular Slayer? Insta-quit. With that said, Zero Bloom Slayer was nice (though getting stuck playing it on the shittiest maps possible was a bummer). I don't envision myself jumping back in to Reach, though I'll give 343 an A for effort.

It's actually gametypes with a 15% reduction in the bloom and zero-bloom slayer isn't it?

#36 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:23 AM

It's actually gametypes with a 15% reduction in the bloom and zero-bloom slayer isn't it?

That's right Merguson, the gametypes that have bloom have it at 85%. Not to mention ALL the gametypes have the changes to Armor Lock, Camo, and the new melee bleed-through system.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo: Reach

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq