Photo

The Chief's Gauntlets

Halo 3

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Stormtrooper30

Stormtrooper30

Keep on your toes or you might lose 'em.

• 461 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 07:09 AM

Slurpee, that would be the religion that we are disputing... I beleive that the Covenant's religion would turn into a cult-ish type thing, with a new religion dominating that the Elites (or Sangheili as you guys insist on calling them) have thought up.

#42 ZayneHumphrey

ZayneHumphrey
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:17 AM

just some food for thought... the Sangheili's pre-Covenant religion focused more on finding Forerunner artifacts and protecting them (instead of using them, like the Prophets). any possibility there would be a shift back to that belief system? there are certainly more Forerunner artifacts in the Halo universe to be found, not to mention that the Sangheili have found the ultimate Forerunner artifact in humanity.

I would think that after going to Sanghelios, or during the trip there, The Arbiter and Rtas would contact or make some of the Elites stay behind on Earth to help Humanity rebuild and help them discover most, if not all of the Forerunner artifacts.

For the religion, I would think they would go back to finding, and protecting the Forerunner artifacts, but they would keep the same belief of the Forerunners/Humans as gods, even though they know they committed mass suicide when they fired the Halo Array.

#43 Maj Williams

Maj Williams
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:58 AM

I would think that after going to Sanghelios, or during the trip there, The Arbiter and Rtas would contact or make some of the Elites stay behind on Earth to help Humanity rebuild and help them discover most, if not all of the Forerunner artifacts.

For the religion, I would think they would go back to finding, and protecting the Forerunner artifacts, but they would keep the same belief of the Forerunners/Humans as gods, even though they know they committed mass suicide when they fired the Halo Array.

Speaking of which, when Rtas and the Arbiter speak of going home at the end of the game back inside of Rtas' ship above Earth, there is a planet on display as a hologram in front of Rtas while he is talking about that. Is that planet Earth or a hologram of their homeworld?

I'm 99% certain its Earth (you can clearly see India), but why the heck would he be staring so intently at a rotating display of Earth? Makes no sense to me. Maybe he's just reflecting, maybe he's looking for flood infestations. Maybe I'm just looking into it too much.

The video can be seen here, at around 1:50.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#44 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:19 AM

Speaking of which, when Rtas and the Arbiter speak of going home at the end of the game back inside of Rtas' ship above Earth, there is a planet on display as a hologram in front of Rtas while he is talking about that. Is that planet Earth or a hologram of their homeworld?

I'm 99% certain its Earth (you can clearly see India), but why the heck would he be staring so intently at a rotating display of Earth? Makes no sense to me. Maybe he's just reflecting, maybe he's looking for flood infestations. Maybe I'm just looking into it too much.

The video can be seen here, at around 1:50.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Well, just listen to what he's saying:

"Things look different, without the Prophets' lies clouding my vision."

He's looking at Earth and humanity in a different light now.

#45 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:58 AM

You know, they could work in some more of the Spartans. Remember in Ghosts of Onyx where Dr. Halsey has some new armor components and mods them in with the armor the Spartans have? They might have had some crazy adventure onboard the Forerunner dreadnought where John got mixed up with the crazy protected Forerunner Slipspace bubble that Onyx is hiding, and he actually met the other Spartans for a while. Or found some of their bodies :( If I recall correctly, it took at least a couple of weeks in between Halo2 and Halo3, so there is definitely room for a story there. Think about the possibilities for the next game! Either they could fill in the hole I just mentioned (very unlikely) or have John crash onto the planetoid and have some more crazy adventures... Then they split the narrative with the Arbiter's adventures with the chaos back home. Basically do Halo2 right this time.

Edited by txlonghorn, 20 August 2008 - 12:58 PM.

#46 Maj Williams

Maj Williams
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:23 PM

You know, they could work in some more of the Spartans. Remember in Ghosts of Onyx where Dr. Halsey has some new armor components and mods them in with the armor the Spartans have?
They might have had some crazy adventure onboard the Forerunner dreadnought where John got mixed up with the crazy protected Forerunner Slipspace bubble that Onyx is hiding, and he actually met the other Spartans for a while. Or found some of their bodies :(
If I recall correctly, it took at least a couple of weeks in between Halo2 and Halo3, so there is definitely room for a story there.

Think about the possibilities for the next game! Either they could fill in the hole I just mentioned (very unlikely) or have John crash onto the planetoid and have some more crazy adventures... Then they split the narrative with the Arbiter's adventures with the chaos back home. Basically do Halo2 right this time.

They could have gone somewhere completely awesome with Halo 3. They did a decent enough job, but I personally think going full circle with John meeting up with Blue Team, maybe discovering the purpose of the Shield Project (Onyx), and having a few Spartans joining John in the fight for humanity would definitely have added a lot more flavor to the mix than just a few random Elites who decided to join the party.

Or in a slightly different direction, it would have been crazy to have been apart of a full-scale battle where you could see entire squads of Spartan IIs fighting alongside Spartan IIIs (who all found their way to Earth in a Spartan-typical superhuman and amazing way) and ODST soldiers fighting a gigantic onslaught of Covenant forces coming in from the east while you have to head west towards the portal to stop Truth and fight your way inside of the Dreadnought as it slipped through the portal. The way they could have implemented this so that the player could see it at the top of a hill just as he was within reach of the portal on Earth. The view would have been amazing, and the implications even more compelling.

Kind of all over the place but I really, REALLY wanted more Spartans in Halo 3, even though I understand why they chose not to have them.

#47 urk

urk

Don't tase me, bro!

• 474 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:27 AM

Really all over the place. When you're tying up loose ends, you don't want to throw more yarn onto the pile.

All that stuff would be cool to see, but not in the framework of the Halo trilogy. There was already almost too much there to sew up.

#48 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:22 PM

I remember when the Halo 3 announcement trailer came out. Masterchief finished the vid standing on the cliff overlooking the massive artifact buried under New Mombasa. I was hoping there was going to be some kind of epic battle running through it to stop the dreadnought escaping but alas it wasn`t to be. It would have been awesome though! As to Chief`s gauntlets, 3 definately looks cooler than 5.
GT: KrAzY WiSh

#49 Maj Williams

Maj Williams
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:55 PM

Regarding the initial post topic:

I don't know if you guys noticed or not, but the REAL box art Microsoft released for Halo Wars is out, and features the Spartan IIs on the cover wearing Mjolnir Mark IV armor.

Posted Image

Notice their gauntlets: 5 holes instead of 3.

Even though this is a MINOR detail we're talking about here, it still makes me raise an eyebrow as to the surprising continuity of facts here, and how MC got his new gauntlets for H3, when obviously they have had a confirmed 5 holes for the Mark IV, V, and (early) VI suits.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq