• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#21 Blamo

Blamo

XBL: BLAMO52 Service Tag: B52

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 03:20 PM

Grand Theft Auto is fun and all but it's not one my favorite games series. I like the open-world evironments, and the ability to do whatever the hell you want to anyone you desire, but it gets old fast, atleast for me anyway. So what i will probably end up doing is renting it for a while, get some achievments and then return it. I won't buy it, I have to admitt that I will play it for a long time atleast until HALO 3 comes out.

Edited by Blamo, 06 March 2007 - 03:20 PM.

#22 MoNuckah

MoNuckah

Has a wide stance.

• Veteran
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 03:24 PM

I think the whole gang thing is pretty played out. In fact, Saint Row made me sure. I kinda felt nauseous hearing the re-retreaded Gangsta Life bull. I hope they go in a different direction.

#23 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 01:33 PM

Posted Image

#24 RetroShadow

RetroShadow

Your Local Cinematographer and Photographer

• 623 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 02:30 PM

Im hoping it goes back to its roots and goes back to London.
XBL:RetroShadow
AIM:RetroShadow1

#25 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 24 March 2007 - 04:57 PM

I'm hoping it goes back to its roots as a game about grand theft auto.

#26 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:15 PM

Trailer Link at TeamXbox because the Rockstar website sucks balls.

#27 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 06:22 PM

So I really liked this trailer. I thought the mood was great and it was definitely helped by the music which I felt was awesome. I'm really interested in this trying out this game, maybe because something about the trailer struck an emotional chord with me. I'm pretty surprised that they decided to do Liberty City again. I think maybe they're on a rotation. Just think about it, GTA III started in Liberty City and then made appearances in Vice City and San Andreas. Now that GTA IV is coming out they want to continue tradition and start in Liberty City and then maybe go elsewhere. As far as the game is concerned I didn't think the graphics looked that great compared to stuff we've been seeing, but it definitely looked good enough to satisfy. Overall I think this game won't be the funnest open-world game this time around, since I can't see them topping Crackdown in the fun factor, but it looks to have a very compelling story helped along by the very serious tone.

#28 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 06:40 PM

I agree completely. Fantastic trailer, fantastic music, and the engine looks to have some exciting prospects. I agree that Crackdown is undoubtedly more fun from a gameplay standpoint, but a lot of the fun in videogames is the immersion and storytelling, and this game will blow our favorite beta invite out of the water in that regard. I'm STOKED.

Edited by Syracuse022, 29 March 2007 - 06:40 PM.

#29 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 06:57 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:03 PM

I haven't really played any GTA games. But, isn't that NYC? The statue of liberty, the train terminal, etc? Is Liberty City some alternate NYC?

Edited by Valor, 29 March 2007 - 07:04 PM.

#31 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:07 PM

Awesome, awesome stuff. I wasn't really expecting an eastern European protagonist, which is a nice change. Overall, the graphics are about what I expected, nothing groundbreaking but it's still nice to look at. I'm really looking forward to this and can't wait to take it for a spin come October. I'll bet the timeframe is somewhere around the year 2000, like 01 or 02.\ Valor: Yeah, that's how Rockstar does GTA games. They take a real life city, throw in pretty much all of its land marks, and change the name to something similar to the original. GTA III was Liberty City (NYC), Vice City was in...Vice City (Miami), and San Andreas took place in Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas. (LA, San Fran, and Vegas)

Edited by Kinetic, 29 March 2007 - 07:11 PM.

#32 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:09 PM

The Trailer is on the Marketplace

Edited by Gamble, 29 March 2007 - 11:23 PM.

#33 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:13 PM

I'll bet the timeframe is somewhere around the year 2000, like 01 or 02.\

Apparently it's 2007.

Date
The game will most likely take place in the present, with many of the vehicles looking quite modern, including a BMW look-alike and Japanese sports cars you'd see in a Midnight Club game. Vehicles are highly detailed, many of which are very recent looking, 2006-2007.

Link contains more information as well.

Edited by Blaze, 29 March 2007 - 07:14 PM.

#34 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:09 PM

Another post in the forum Blaze linked, purely speculation:

It is a bluff

Mark my words, you will be leaving LC before/within the first few missions. Europe, here we come.

I would LOVE to see this happen. An intro as he arrives in New York City, then a flashback to the grit and grime of Eastern Europe, a perfect place for the majority of the dark, seedy story. Hot.

#35 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 11:23 PM

Posted Image

#36 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:40 AM

Maybe you can go anywhere in the world. Now wouldn't that be a crazy open ended game?

#37 Blamo

Blamo

XBL: BLAMO52 Service Tag: B52

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:11 AM

The first thing that popped in my mind after I watched the trailer was, AL QUIDA! Tha trailer screams terrorist, at lest to me. New York City, A middle easten looking guy, I think Rockstar is purpously doing this.I like it.

#38 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:08 PM

Posted Image

#39 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:46 PM

The first thing that popped in my mind after I watched the trailer was, AL QUIDA! Tha trailer screams terrorist, at lest to me. New York City, A middle easten looking guy, I think Rockstar is purpously doing this.I like it.

Don't know how you get terrorist from it.

1) That's a horrible stereotype.
2) The guy doesn't even look the slightest bit Middle Eastern. Try Eastern Europe.

#40 MoNuckah

MoNuckah

Has a wide stance.

• Veteran
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:45 PM

Yeah, he looked like Eastern Romanian or something, not Great Russian, thats for sure. Human trafficking is big in eastern Europe, and its a dark and heavy topic. Ballsy, and completely Rockstar. I look forward to hearing the satirical radio shows, I'm sure they will have lots to say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq