Resident Evil 5

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 10:42 PM

Capcom just announced, via Famitsu, that Resident Evil 5 would be released on both PS3 and Xbox 360. Now this is what I call a big news, especially considering how great Resident Evil 4 was. First scans inside, and hopefully some videos in the next few days at the MS press conference.

Pic1
Pic2

From xboxyde

#2 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 10:52 PM

O - M - G.

#3 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,708 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 20 July 2005 - 07:35 AM

Suhweet. RE4 was one of the few reasons I kept my Cube. RE5 will rape.

#4 TheDrinkNinja

TheDrinkNinja
  • 769 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 09:15 AM

Am I the only person here not totally enthralled by the Resident Evil series?
XBL: TheDrinkNinja

#5 MoNuckah

MoNuckah

Has a wide stance.

• Veteran
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 09:40 AM

I too, am not-so-enthralled by the RE series. The very first one made me shit my pants with horror and glee, everyone since, meh. But thats just me. EDIT: All bets are off for the next gen versions however. I loves ta cap th' zombies. BOOM! HEADSHOT!

#6 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 11:08 AM

I only liked the first one as well.

Resident Evil 5 Update
Everything we know about the next generation of Resident Evil.
by IGN Staff
July 20, 2005 -
The latest issue if Famitsu is home to first details and screens for Resident Evil 5. As we reported earlier, Capcom is bringing this next generation survival horror title to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, with veteran developer Jun Takeuchi serving as producer.

Since our initial story, we've learned more details on the game. Takeuchi is somewhat vague in his discussion of what we can expect from the title gameplay wise, revealing only that Resident Evil 4, with the wealth of changes made by director Shinji Mikami, caused excitement amongst Capcom's development staff as a whole, particularly those who had worked on Resident Evil for the PlayStation and PlayStation 2. Even with the changes, Takeuchi states, there was no mistake that you were playing Resident Evil. We can apparently expect something that, similarly, maintains the taste of Resident Evil while featuring big changes from the traditional play format.
Images shared by the magazine were taken from a two minute high definition video clip in which the game's main character finds himself in the alleys of a desert city, being chased by a mysterious group of enemies. In describing the setting and content of the game, Takeuchi recalls a scene from the film Black Hawk Down, when a US chopper crashes to the ground and is swarmed by natives. The theme of getting out of a tight corner is a staple of the original Resident Evil, and is something that the development staff wants to work on with RE5.

The video does not actually reveal the nature of the enemies that are pursuing the main character. The primary enemy is a new element to the game and it's currently a closely guarded secret. The enemy are meant to come after you in great numbers, conveying the sense of insanity of hoards of natives that Takeuchi took away from Black Hawk Down. We can apparently expect something along the lines of the primary enemy in Resident Evil 4, who spoke a language that you were unable to understand and were more advanced than the zombies that have appeared in previous RE games. Takeuchi and crew are actually working on ways to make the enemy even more expressive this time around.

The development staff is paying extra attention to the game's environments, with Takeuchi stating that one of the tastes of past Resident Evil games was that of the player walking slowly through a dark and damp environment. This time, we can also expect wider, brighter environments, including scenes of intense sunlight.

As expected of a next generation game, RE5 runs in high definition, and one of the things the development staff wanted to do was use the new visual power at its hands to communicate the sense of atmosphere to the player. The images in the trailer clip are meant to convey a sense of high temperature. In fact, heat is a central theme to the game, with Takeuchi suggesting that when it's particularly hot, you'll want to cool down in a cave.

With regards to main character and background setting, Takeuchi states that we should be able to figure out the main character when we consider that members of the development team that created the original Resident Evil are working on this game. This would suggest that the main character pictured in the magazine is Chris (the bearded character in all the screenshots does resemble an older version of Chris).

Takeuchi won't reveal when we'll be able to play Resident Evil 5, only stating that we'll have to wait until the next generation systems are available. He assures us that out of all of Capcom's game projects, this one is getting the most attention, and this is why development will take some time.

A Capcom representative reveals to the magazine that a Tokyo Game Show showing for Resident Evil 5 is not out of the question. IGN is hoping that, with Sony's PlayStation Meeting press conference scheduled for Thursday afternoon and Microsoft's Xbox Summer scheduled for this coming Monday, we'll get a glimpse even sooner than that.

#7 soapofdurden

soapofdurden

Can use the magnum.

• 257 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 07:45 PM

Am I the only person here not totally enthralled by the Resident Evil series?

Play RE4. Best action game (and best looking game period) of this generation.
Gamertag: soapofdurden
soapofdurden@yahoo.com
AIM: soapofdurden101

#8 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 06:18 AM

PlayStation Meeting 2005 Teaser Trailer

#9 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 04:36 PM

Coooooool. Is it just me, or does anyone else get reminded of the zombies from "28 Days Later" when those creepy shadows rush towards that guy?

#10 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 04:03 PM

Has anyone here besides me actually played through every single RE game? The Gameboy Color doesn't count. The only ones I haven't beat yet are RE Zero (almost there), RE DeadAim, and both RE Outbreaks (since they suck if you're not playing online, i.e. very crappy bot allies.)

#11 Guest_Niterider04_*

Guest_Niterider04_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2005 - 08:29 AM

Just read.

http://www.gamespot....d=929197&page=0

#12 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 10:34 AM

Ignorance at its finest.

#13 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 09:10 AM

Resident Evil 5 debuting simultaneously on 360, PS3?

Capcom plans to release its latest horror-survival game on two consoles at once, a first for the series.

In an interview published in Xbox360ism (a special edition of Dorimaga), Capcom Research & Development division chief Keiji Inafune said he expects Resident Evil 5 to be released simultaneously on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 if possible.

"We want to grow the Resident Evil series into a multi-platform franchise, so we hope to release it simultaneously [on the two next-generation consoles]," Inafune told Xbox360ism. "But since we don't know the launch period for the PS3 yet, so it's hard to say [if we can]."

Inafune also revealed that Resident Evil 5 will feature online elements, although he did not elaborate.

In other zombie-related Capcom news, Inafune said that his first project for the Xbox 360, Dead Rising, is slated for release after summer 2006. Inafune explained that the game could be released earlier, but he's taking the time to polish it as much as possible.

Inafune also revealed that Microsoft initially asked Capcom to make an original Xbox 360 title catered toward the taste of the Japanese consumers, but the third-party publisher declined. Inafune stated that Capcom's aim is to release games that will be a global hit, regardless of whether it's for the Xbox 360 or PS3.

GameSpot

#14 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:47 AM

Resident Evil 5 is now 360 exclusive.

#15 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 01:11 PM

Wow! If true that's a huge win for MS. Few other franchises of the last ten years carry the same weight and notoriety as Resident Evil. I guess MS isn't kidding around this time. Watch the abysmal 360 numbers in Japan start hopping when/if this game is exclusively launched.

#16 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 01:29 PM

Intelligent.
I got your back, Dual.
Slowly becoming your entertainment dictator.

I hates me some sports games.

#17 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 01:45 PM

Denied

#18 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 02:21 PM

Caught wind of that a little late, I did. I'm still glad it's headed our way. Sure is taking them a long time to develop. I hope we see something at X06, but you'd think they would have made an announcement at TGS
I got your back, Dual.
Slowly becoming your entertainment dictator.

I hates me some sports games.

#19 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 11:04 AM

I found a fan-site that has a brand new Resident Evil 5 video that was apparently uploaded onto the PS3 servers so that people that had the console could download it. Anyways, I can't seem to watch the video due to some weird codec that it needs in order to do so. Can I get some help with this?

http://the-horror.com/

The video is all the way at the bottom of that link.

#20 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,963 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 12:53 PM

It's the same trailer we've already seen, Dual. Don't worry about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq