Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 19 December 2005 - 06:16 PM

Mmm hmm.

If it happens, that really blows for Sony. Their biggest game goes multiplatform? Not good for the PS3.

#43 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 08:23 PM

HELL. FREAKING. YES!

#44 Guest_Niterider04_*

Guest_Niterider04_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2005 - 09:51 PM

Although that would be cool, the article goes against everything Hideo Kojima told Game Informer in the December Issue.

#45 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 12:00 AM

That would be a daydream come true, but I honestly don't want it to happen. We're talking about way too big a kill for Sony to lose. Maybe once the game has its rounds on the PS3 for a year or so, then it should be ported over.
I got your back, Dual.
Slowly becoming your entertainment dictator.

I hates me some sports games.

#46 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 10:51 AM

How can you say such a thing? :(

#47 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 01:14 PM

I'm just trying to be realistic about what we've been told. I can see MGS 3 sailing boxside, but not MGS4. That's a little too wishful.
I got your back, Dual.

#48 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 04:14 PM

I would actually prefer it to stay on the PS3 aswell. I may not like Sony at times but someone needs to give MS some competition. I really can see Sony dying off soon and I don't want it to happen.

#49 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:23 AM

Ninety-second audio preview of the upcoming Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer.

#50 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 05:34 PM

OMG, I just saw the new trailer, if you don't want spoilers, don't highlight below

Raiden is a badass looking ninja!

I was watching a live feed of Sonys pre-E3 conference. Cool news is that the hard drive is included with all SKUs, the pad is un-banana'd and it is movement sensitive... they then called that innovative......

#51 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 07:47 PM

The trailer

#52 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 05:02 AM

Posted Image

E3 2006: Eyes-On Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Impressions of Konami's bigger, better, and longer MGS4 trailer.

Konami has set high expectations for their trade show trailers. For each year of Metal Gear Solid development, Kojima and company have delivered truly impressive trailers that showcase outstanding technical graphics as well as unmatched cinematic direction. Konami has set this standard of quality with trailers for Metal Gear Solid 2, Zone of the Enders, and with every other game Kojima's team has produced. Consequently, our expectations for a new Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer were high. At Konami's E3 2006 press conference, the newest trailer for Metal Gear Solid 4 delivered. Big.

Sony showcased an abbreviated MGS4 trailer at their conference on Monday. Not to be outdone by the first party publisher, Konami fired back with a longer, more revealing Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer. This new trailer, presented by Team Kojima's Ryan Payton, demonstrates the graphical prowess of MGS4 and reveals more details about the game that's set to release in 2007.

The trailer starts out similar to one shown at Sony's conference earlier in the week, setting the scene for Snake's next battlefield. War has changed, as PMCs?organizations that supply mercenaries with war equipment?band together to form a power that rivals the power of the United States. The extended trailer goes on to clarify that the PMCs are organized by a group known as Outer Heaven, a name Metal Gear history buffs will instantly recognize.

Posted Image

Outer Heaven was first established by Big Boss (Solid Snake's genetic father) as a sovereign entity outside the control of governments and the mysterious Patriots. Outer Heaven was to be a sort of haven for soldiers before Solid Snake killed Big Boss in the events of Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. In the first Metal Gear Solid, Solid Snake squelches an effort by his brother Liquid Snake to resurrect Big Boss's Outer Heaven. As evidenced by Konami's new MGS4 trailer, Outer Heaven is far from defeated.

In case it wasn't obvious in the abbreviated trailer, Team Kojima's newer presentation clearly sets the stage in the Middle East. Solid Snake rides into a ghost town, cloaked and hidden among a convoy of soldiers eager to fight off the PMC forces of walking robots. As the convoy scatters, Solid Snake looks for cover, only to be immediately discovered by one of the biped robots. What follows is a riveting scene of pursuit.

Solid Snake tries in vain to shoot to death the first attacker. A second biped robot appears on the scene as Snake casts off his cloak to reveal his familiar sneaking suit. The bots then chase Snake into a building and upstairs, leaving destruction in their wake. Snake breaks away momentarily as the bots struggle to catch up.

On the top level of this ruined building, Solid Snake makes his next move and hints to the answer to Kojima's "No place to hide!" statement made at last year's E3. Instead of seeking refuge behind a wall (only to be found after the bots smash through), Solid Snake crouches as his suit takes on the visual characteristics of his surrounding. The effect looks different from the stealth camouflage we've known for years. This trick is a more chameleon-like effect that wears off as Snake moves.

As the effect sets in, the two bots reach the floor where Snake is waiting. They scan the ruins for motion and take notice of the cardboard box conspicuously placed in the center of the floor. An X-ray scan reveals that there's something inside the box, a box that's marked with last year's standout slogans: "No place to hide! No place for Hideo!" One of the enemy bots stomps the box to smithereens, shattering the stack of watermelons that hid beneath. In frustration, the biped robots continue their pursuit elsewhere. Solid Snake stands up as the chameleon effect wears off.

The trailer's subsequent dialog reveals elements of the story and characters. Most striking is the revelation that Solid Snake has only six months to live. His body is decaying and Snake is told that any other man in his condition would already be dead. Naomi Hunter returns for MGS4, back from her debut in the first Metal Gear Solid. Naomi is a doctor, and we surmise that she'll play a part in the prolonging of Snake's fading life.

A later scene in the trailer shows Solid Snake standing before a grave in a cemetery littered with fallen leaves. The scene resembles the final boss fight in Metal Gear Solid 3, where Big Boss kills his mentor The Boss. It's unsure to us who lies in the grave Solid Snake is visiting, though we speculate that it's either the grave of Olga Gurlukovich, a passed character from Metal Gear Solid 2, or possibly Big Boss.

As Snake stands pensive over the grave, a chopper moves in and Otacon jumps out to summon the hero's help. Otacon and Colonel Campbell explain to Snake the situation, and the colonel insists that Snake is the only man that can defeat Liquid Snake, the born-again leader of Outer Heaven.

The trailer seems to end as Solid Snake sits down inserts a pistol into his mouth. As with the abbreviated trailer shown earlier in the week, the scene ends with deafening bang and a striking red that gives way to the game's new logo. This is not the end of Kojima's longer trailer.

Posted Image

The Metal Gear Solid 4 logo gives way to a final scene of Raiden's return. The MGS2 hero makes an impressive comeback as he fights off a small pack of biped robots. The first part of the fight was already seen at Sony's conference earlier this week, but Konami's extended trailer showcases an even more awesome fight.

Raiden battles a series of bots in the streets, showing off his impressive acrobatic abilities that mimic the movements of the Gray Fox Ninja from the first MGS. This Raiden is certainly not the same hesitant soldier he was in Metal Gear Solid 2. His artful swordplay and stunning power show that the Raiden of MGS4 is a Raiden to be respected (even if he wears high heels). After he effortlessly kills bot after bot, Raiden jokes that it's his turn to save Solid Snake.

Without question, Konami's extended Metal Gear Solid 4 is an awesome showcase for the PS3. The visuals are outstanding, and though the framerate drops in one of the scenes (as the bipeds chase Snake upstairs) the overall impression is still one of unprecedented graphical excellence. Be sure to check back with IGN for future details on Metal Gear Solid 4 as Kojima unveils more elements of the game.

Ign

#53 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 04:38 PM

I knew as soon as I saw the new trailer that there would be one of these:
http://emosolidsnake.ytmnd.com/

#54 h00ters11

h00ters11

balls outrageous

• 590 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 10:24 AM

Hideo Kojima is a toolchest. Christ, just give him a badass new mission and a place to infiltrate while breaking people's necks. Instead he makes Snake a depressed geezer and the gamer will fight.... robots. What an assclown.
don't tread on me

#55 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 06:44 PM

15 minute trailer from E3

#56 h00ters11

h00ters11

balls outrageous

• 590 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:00 AM

Well I don't see why anyone else would be up this early without a job but I saw this at CNN when I came in this morning and immediately digressed from whatever I'm s'posed to be doing. Reminded me of what they talk about in the trailer...

My new job
don't tread on me

#57 MoNuckah

MoNuckah

Has a wide stance.

• Veteran
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:48 AM

Hoots, when your a contractor (our second largest force in Iraq is a mercenary army! That sure is a good sign.) you can apparently shoot civilians for fun and not get in any trouble! You can find a link to the video there.

Because THATS how you win hearts and minds.

If there was a mercenary army driving around my town randomly shooting people for kicks, you can bet your ass I'd be trying to blow them up too.

#58 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 03:48 PM

latest PSM interview: PSM: Now that you've introduced the new Raiden, can you tell us what his relationship with Snake will be in MGS4? Hideo Kojima: He's on Snake's side; he's his backup. PSM: Raiden doesn't look quite human - in fact, he reminds us of Gray Fox as the "Cyborg Ninja" from the first MGS. Hideo Kojima: (smiles) PSM: So there's something to that? Something that might have happened to Raiden between MGS2 and MGS4? Hideo Kojima: There are many events that occured between MGS2 and MGS4; lots of small stories. It will be very difficult to work all of them in MGS4; some may only be explained in just a couple lines of dialog. PSM: Raiden looks like a ghost in his new suit, and his agility is definitely superhuman. We saw him, thought back to Old Snake saluting at a grave during the trailer and thought, "What? Was Raiden killed sometime between MGS2 and MGS3?" Hideo Kojima: I've been asked a lot about whose grave that really is. I'm sorry, but I can't reveal whose it is yet. PSM: Speaking of the graveyard, were the white flowers and the petals blowing in the wind an homage to Snake Eater? Hideo Kojima: Yes. (laughs) PSM: Just for the record, our official story is, in fact, Raiden's grave. Hideo Kojima: Well... Raiden's blood isn't real. PSM: ! Hideo Kojima: It's white, actually, and artificial - which is why his face is so pale. PSM: !! So... he is a cyborg? Hideo Kojima: (smiles) PSM: Okay, on to other "characters." What happened to Snake's companion robot from the TGS trailer, the Metal Gear Mk. II? Hideo Kojima: Mk. II will still be in the game. It just wasn't in the trailer. However, we're still debating whether or not the player will actually control it in any way. PSM: The Solid Eye System was M.I.A. from this trailer... Hideo Kojima: Don't worry; it will still be in the final game. PSM: So at the point in the game this trailer's events came from, he wasn't just using it yet? Hideo Kojima: To put things in perspective chronologically, the TGS trailer comes after the E3 trailer - thought not all of the dialog that's spoken over certain scenes does, obviously. PSM: The trailer ends with Old Snake putting a gun in his mouth, but in the TGS trailer he's wearing the Solid Eye System and seems more or less okay. Is the E3 trailer chronologically accurate from beginning to end? Hideo Kojima: That part of the trailer [with the gun in Snake's mouth] actually happens later in the game. PSM: When we last spoke, you told us the Middle East isn't the only location MGS4 will be set in. Can you now tell us if it's the first or last location in the game? Hideo Kojima: I can reveal that it is the first location in the game, after which players will travel all around the world. PSM: That's interesting, since, during the scene when he's placing the gun in his mouth, it looks like Snake's still in the same Middle East setting. Hideo Kojima: For this trailer, in order to keep everything visually consistent, almost all of the events are made to look like they take place in the Middle East. I actually wanted to trick the fans a bit here. A lot of current first-person shooters are set in similar locations, so I thought I'd poke a fun at that a little.

#59 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 08:17 AM

Upcoming trailer announced for tomorrow!

#60 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 11:56 AM

We'll be counting on you to keep us up to date.
I got your back, Dual.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq