Splinter Cell: Double Agent

• Please log in to reply
610 replies to this topic

#1 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 02:09 PM

By fact, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory isn't even in our hands yet, but leave it to Ubisoft to announce the next one of the series.

IGN - Ubisoft Lineup

This seems to be a next generation title that will be degraded for the current consoles. I wouldn't call this completely solid yet. There is a SC 4 but I think it will be a next generation Xbox game only.

Thanks Van for first showing me this.
I got your back, Dual.
Slowly becoming your entertainment dictator.

I hates me some sports games.

#2 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 02:28 PM

Fucking sweet. PERIOD.

#3 TheDrinkNinja

TheDrinkNinja
  • 769 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 02:36 PM

How can they make it better? Seriously. How?
XBL: TheDrinkNinja

#4 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 08:32 PM

Imagine Chaos Theory with improved physics, and some of those Unreal Engine 3 demo type graphics. I can just see the light reflecting of Sam's new blade.

#5 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 01:50 AM

That light reflecting off the blade will be a real-time reflection from the environment surrounding Sam. If Ubisoft can push graphics this high on an Xbox, it's going to be something even more amazing on the next gen. With the new controller layout, new engine and graphical, as well as physics enhancements, I'm guessing there will be several other layers for in-depth game play. The one thing I would like to see is a different kind of mode in single player which allows the AI to see and hear Sam as easy as any of us would see him from an NPC perspective. If I am visible, yet my optics readout shows I'm invisible, I want an NPC to see me and become alert, regardless. That would be the ultimate difficulty. Ubisoft Montreal hasn't steered us wrong yet.
I got your back, Dual.

#6 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 01:35 PM

According to this website Splinter Cell HQ that is the neame of the next iteration of our beloved series. You may have to scan down a little bit to see the story. All I can say is, say it isn't so. I'm really hoping this is a rumour, because I think that is the worst video game subtitle I've ever heard.

#7 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 01:49 PM

I get a stirring feeling Splinter Cell 4 is going to be something very different from the game we play now. The word Anarchy makes me think of Anarchy Online. Maybe Splinter Cell is going to be a massively multiplayer game. Or what if Sam leaves Third Echelon to work on his own? How about Sam dying and another top agent taking over? Wouldn't that be a twist.
I got your back, Dual.

#8 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:57 PM

When I hear that name it makes me think it's gonna be a Super Smash Brothers clone or something.....

#9 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:01 PM

They could've at least found a better tagline...

#10 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:54 PM

I was reading about this on the Splinter Cell forums and they made a good point. I think it's just a "work in progress" name like what they did with 3. Originally Splinter Cell 3 was going to be named Splinter Cell: Bermuda Neptune.

#11 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 02:32 AM

I can't see Ubisoft shooting themselves in the foot like that. I'm sure the name will change.
I got your back, Dual.

#12 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:29 PM

Amsterdam, The Netherlands ? October 4, 2005 ? Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, announces Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 4 (working title), the next masterpiece in the Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell series. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 4 will be available in spring 2006 for current and next generation consoles as well as PC.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 4 will thrust players into a new breed of game play that promises to innovate and revolutionize the Splinter Cell franchise. Ubisoft is taking the saga of Sam Fisher into entirely new territory, expanding the story and depth of his character.

Games in the Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell series have garnered some of the industry's most prestigious awards and outstanding reviews, including Best Action/Adventure Game of the Year at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in 2002 and 2004, The Academy of Interactive Arts and Science's Action/Adventure Game of the Year Award, (Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow) and the highest review score ever from Official Xbox Magazine (U.S.) for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, a 9.9 out of 10.

"Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory received record-setting reviews and countless awards," said Yves Guillemot, president and CEO of Ubisoft. "Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 4 will be even more thrilling and heart-pounding than its ground-breaking predecessors. This new version will both enrich the gaming experience on current consoles and take full advantage of the capacities of next-generation consoles to deliver players the most fabulous gaming experience ever."

The Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell video game franchise has sold more than 12.5 million copies worldwide since the first game launched in 2002.

For more information about Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 4 please visit http://www.bewaresamfisher.com. For more information about Ubisoft, please visit http://www.ubisoftgroup.com.
About Tom Clancy:

With over 80 million books sold, Tom Clancy is arguably the world's most recognized author. His works include fiction such as The Hunt for Red October, Clear and Present Danger, The Sum of All Fears, Rainbow Six, Without Remorse and The Teeth of the Tiger. Clancy also writes nonfiction works about weapons and various military units. Four of his books have already been adapted into highly successful feature films.

About Ubisoft:

Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through its strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 21 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge videogame titles to consumers. Ubisoft generated revenue of ?538 million for the 2004?2005 fiscal year, an increase of 8% over the previous fiscal year at constant exchange rates. To learn more, please visit http://www.ubisoftgroup.com.

Information taken from the Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory forums.

#13 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 06:03 PM

From the X05 video I think the new game might possibly be a prequel to the other games. I know we all used to talk about how fisher seems to get younger with each game, but I think this time it really does take place in the past, before even Splinter Cell 1. I think the first agent you see in the video that has sweat drip off his face might be the young Sam. It's just a theory, but let me know what ya'll think.

#14 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 06:35 PM

Ubisoft's claim to gaming revolutions are in the multiplayer side of Splinter Cell, and that's what was shown to us:

Posted Image

Sam is most likely still going to grunt his way through another well crafted story, but the scenario shown to us in the trailer seems to be in the future. The guard's gear (visor especially) looks futuristic and ahead of the year Chaos Theory was set (2007).

Last thing that sticks out are the spies' headset gear. It's smaller and without light tubes in front. The last spy in the scene also seems to disappear, indicating that the basic technology we see in the current single-player and co-op has possibly changed to a higher level. I don't believe this is a prequel. I wouldn't want one either.
I got your back, Dual.

#15 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 01:32 PM

I agree. This video is either from the upcoming Versus Mode, or Co-op where the guards are harder to kill.

#16 h00ters11

h00ters11

balls outrageous

• 590 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 02:05 PM

I don't think that's Sam, I agree with the sequel theory rather than prequel. In a game like Splinter Cell it'd be boring to be equpped with a high-tech walkie talkie the size of a tissue box, but whoever he his he get his ass kicked. The graphics for this game are gonna be bucknasty.
don't tread on me

#17 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 06:58 PM

yeah, I didn't really think about my theory apparently. No way it's going to be a prequel. It sounds like they're oging to release a lot more details in November, so that's something to look forward to.

#18 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 06:52 PM

For those of you who haven't check it out already Beware Sam Fisher.

It isn't much now, but I'm sure it will be in November.

#19 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 01:28 PM

Posted Image

This is what the piece of paper says once you finished filling in the information from the website I linked above "Beware Sam Fisher."

#20 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 05:52 PM

Timing the release of newly spilled information from bewaresamfisher.com is a brand new paperback novel titled: Splinter Cell: Operation Barracuda. Same author who write the first book. I had enough time to read the first chapter. It is a continuation of the last book when Sam crippled the Shop?s business (an arms supplier to terrorists) and their business partners, Andrei Zdrok who managed the Swiss-Russian bank in Switzerland! Sam is following up on these men to find more about them and completely stop the Shop, as well as Andrei Zdrok and his affiliates.

The new website has random information such as a picture of a woman, a voice recording of Fisher leaving a message, a short film composed as a montage of random crime pictures and film footage. The two most interesting things about the site now, is a legal document of Samuel Fisher's employment with NSA. The letter is stamped with a large "DISCHARGED". As in discharged of his duty. Discharged of his right to use the 5th Freedom. Discharged from being a Splinter Cell.

By now, you can probably taste the same thing I am. Fisher will most likely be working away from the NSA with another group for a purpose he believes in. Something that was highly speculated on the forums by fans, but never was put into play by Ubisoft. This makes the game's story all the more attractive.

Finally, there is a phone number on the site: 1-877-SF1SHER. I called and got a corny voice message of two people talking to each other; they mentioned Fisher and how they might use his expertise to aid them in whatever plan they have.

There is a voice at the end asking if you would like to be contacted again. I said "Yes", and within moments after hanging up I received a personal message on my phone that read:

KEEP FOLLOWING HIM.
\nYOU LL END UP AS
DEEP AS HE IS.
\n\nBEWARESAMFISHER
.COM \n\will notify
on launch.

Sounds like another marketing ploy, except this one is clever, and I'm having fun participating.
I got your back, Dual.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq