• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

I disagree, I think Wreckage is the one that's weak compared to Shatter. I like how open Shatter is on the small base side and the bases themselves. The Mantis is integrated pretty good as well. I walked through it before I ever played it so the layout makes a lot more sense to me. I think Harvest is very good, aspects of it remind me of the Pit and it's probably one of the best maps in the game.

#42 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,014 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

Just noticed the username of the blog poster. Came to point out that it was probably the most appropriate handle of ALL TIME. Saw that Cuse noticed the same. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not mad that they're taking away maps. In fact, I'm kinda glad they let us play them ahead of time so I saved $10.

Edited by JCTucker, 12 December 2012 - 09:54 AM.

#43 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,014 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

I disagree, I think Wreckage is the one that's weak compared to Shatter. I like how open Shatter is on the small base side and the bases themselves. The Mantis is integrated pretty good as well. I walked through it before I ever played it so the layout makes a lot more sense to me.

I think Harvest is very good, aspects of it remind me of the Pit and it's probably one of the best maps in the game.

Harvest > Wreckage >>>> Shatter.

But then again, I'm one of the few who doesn't like Haven and thinks Complex is badass.

Agreed on The Pit being awesome.

Is there a path to get from one flag point to the other on Shatter through the giant building? It's beyond frustrating to keep trying to find a way to the waypoint.

#44 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

Is there a path to get from one flag point to the other on Shatter through the giant building? It's beyond frustrating to keep trying to find a way to the waypoint.

When you get to the center bridge you drop down to the ground and either go right and then up a ramp or left and then through a tunnel. There isn't a direct way while staying in the structure from one end to the other. Wreckage is the same way, but my problem with wreckage is that there are no open areas there's just wrecked shit everywhere and the center structure (damaged frigate) is the same way as Shatter no direct way from one end to the other. Not only that, but it's as if Wreckage was designed for 1 Flag because one base has a clear advantage to the other one since it's up high.

I think as you play it more you'll find that Shatter is actually pretty damn good and Wreckage is the dog of the bunch. Even Drew was saying he really liked Shatter the first night after we had some very good games. That game last night was frustrating so I'm sure that had something to do with Cuse and your dislike for it.

#45 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,014 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

I played a couple matches on it previously. One extraction, one CTF. My opinion was solidified on it then. The map just doesn't do anything for me. On Wreckage, EVERYTHING revolves around that hill. If you get the lead and can hold the hill and monitor the jump pads, you will dominate. The hill works both ways on Wreckage CTF. You can see both flags clearly from the top of the hill. Most Hill locations in KOTH are the same way. I think Shatter works very well for Extraction. Wreckage for KOTH. Harvest had fun matches all the way around.

#46 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

I don't like Wreckage for CTF. Map is heavily favored for the Red Team. Red Team can grab the flag and walk a short distance to the mancannon which will take you literally right back to your own flag. Blue Team has nothing like that.

#47 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:57 AM

I don't like Wreckage for CTF. Map is heavily favored for the Red Team.

Red Team can grab the flag and walk a short distance to the mancannon which will take you literally right back to your own flag.

Blue Team has nothing like that.

Perfect for 1 Flag. LOL

#48 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,014 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

I don't like Wreckage for CTF. Map is heavily favored for the Red Team.

Red Team can grab the flag and walk a short distance to the mancannon which will take you literally right back to your own flag.

Blue Team has nothing like that.

Both sides have their own man cannons. Maybe you didn't recognize the red mancannon as a mancannon? Again, it goes back to the hill and controlling it. Whoever has the hill can both suppress and defend flag points. That entire match Tuesday, we spent the whole time trying to go around the backside of the frigate. Made zero sense.

#49 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

I'm probably going to boost some of them anyway.

Well I got ODST and Special Delivery without using a mancannon.

With ODST I was airborne but it was from being splattered by a Ghost, i threw a grenade just before it hit me and the frag killed the Ghost pilots teammate.

Special Delivery I earned in a similar fashion. I was up close to an enemy player who was going to kill me, so I started spamming the grenade trigger and trying to melee the guy. Anyways, the second grenade went off under me as I jumped and punched the guy, I got the kill and popped the achievement. :)
GT: KrAzY WiSh

#50 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:48 AM

I'd like to get on with Cuse, Tucker, Noobrider and anyone else who isn't going to buy the maps once they get taken away and boost the achievements this weekend. We can get on Wreckage and knock a bunch out and then do the Mantis and turret ones on Shatter.

#51 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,014 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

I'd like to get on with Cuse, Tucker, Noobrider and anyone else who isn't going to buy the maps once they get taken away and boost the achievements this weekend. We can get on Wreckage and knock a bunch out and then do the Mantis and turret ones on Shatter.

If there's a group of us on, sure.

Harvest is the reason they put the "get a kill while airborne in a warthog" achievement in there. There are several "rock ramps" in there that make zero sense as to why they're there.

#52 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

They're fun though.

#53 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

I've been playing enough Halo 4 that I'll probably buy them. And I have no desire to boost achievements. Heck, I got the "melee kill while in a mancannon" achievement without the use of a mancannon. Fun times.

Both sides have their own man cannons. Maybe you didn't recognize the red mancannon as a mancannon? Again, it goes back to the hill and controlling it. Whoever has the hill can both suppress and defend flag points. That entire match Tuesday, we spent the whole time trying to go around the backside of the frigate. Made zero sense.

I agree that controlling the hill controls Wreckage, but CTF heavily favors red team. It's easier for Red to control the hill because they can get to their man cannon a lot faster and blue's cannon's path is completely exposed. In fact, the main problem with the map is that in every possible scenario of running flags, you'll notice the path from red to blue and back is safe, while blue to red and back isn't. Let's look at each path;

Everything assumes your team controls the hill.

Taking blue flag;
Man cannon; exposed but auto score if you make it
Front; Warthog spawn next to you in perfect positioning with a direct driving path right to your base.
Middle; you're in cover within 5 seconds
Back side; suicide

Taking red flag;
Man cannon; Easier to hit the man cannon, but you still have a long way to go that's exposed
Front; completely exposed the entire trip
Middle; exposed to their spawn, covered if you make it halfway
Back side; suicide

And you have to consider again how easy it is for Red to retake the hill. That leaves all three viable paths exposed with middle being the only hope.

Edited by Niterider, 14 December 2012 - 06:04 PM.

PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#54 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

So, has anyone here been banned for getting this free during the promotion? You crack me up sometimes MS.

Note: It's only a Halo 4 ban rather than a Live ban... and yeah, is almost definitely a mistake.

#55 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

This is getting ridiculous.

#56 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

LOL, fix your game Bungle *cough* 343i.

#57 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

So basically you are forced to download a title update that will prevent your access to the map pack unless you paid for it.

#58 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

Best marketing promotion ever.

#59 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

So basically you are forced to download a title update that will prevent your access to the map pack unless you paid for it.

LOL. Mergie did you buy the maps. I've played with you with most.

#60 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

I haven't bought them yet. Boo Microsoft, BOO!
PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq