#81 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:11 AM

Ugh. So, my wife checked out Green Hornet from the library. So, I had to watch it last night. That was, quite possibly, the worst 2 hours of anything I've ever sat through. The whole time I had the "wandering" music playing in my head... That music is so awesome.

#82 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 464 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:52 PM

First time playing an Elder Scrolls game after having Oblivion for the 360 sit around in my house for the past three years untouched (I think the other half played it for a few minutes). Mind blowing. The amount of freedom in this game is just staggering. So much to do and see, so many random events that seem to flow and blend together, intentionally or not. I've barely touched the main quest and have wandered the lands doing sidequests and exploring. Finished up the Mage college story and now I'm hunting down the souls of rabbits, mudcrabs and wolves to help enhance my encanting. Every damm time I play, there seems to be a little story I aimlessly find myself in with a bunch more queued up for the next time. Right now, as I hunting down helpless animals to slaughter to eat their souls, I picking up everything I see and eating it to find out it's effects for alchemy. The dragon fights never cease to amaze me either.

#83 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:30 AM

I had my first in-city dragon fight yesterday. I expected him to just fly around and hover a bunch until my ranged spells finished him, but to my surprise he actually perched on top of the buildings (like, had a designated landing animation for each building he rested on) and even landed. That was a lot more emphasis than I thought would've been placed on those fights.

#84 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:22 AM

Stupid Companions are Stupid...

#85 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:05 PM

Quite possibly the best mod ever made.
PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#86 Postmortem

Postmortem

POSTMORTEM

• 255 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:49 AM

First time playing an Elder Scrolls game after having Oblivion for the 360 sit around in my house for the past three years untouched (I think the other half played it for a few minutes).

Mind blowing.

The amount of freedom in this game is just staggering.

It was in Oblivion too, when that first came out. Skyrim may be better, but you ought to at least give Oblivion a little bit of your time. Not saying you should play that instead of Skyrim... but just check it out. I was a big Oblivion fan, so it's still weird to me when people talk about how great Skyrim is when it still plays almost identical to Oblivion. Many new additions and all around improved gameplay... but still the same basic formula.
GT: FinalPOSTMORTEM

#87 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 464 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:10 PM

It was in Doom too, when that first came out. 2011 FPS may be better, but you ought to at least give Doom a little bit of your time. Not saying you should play that instead of 2011 FPS... but just check it out. I was a big Doom fan, so it's still weird to me when people talk about how great 2011 FPS is when it still plays almost identical to Doom. Many new additions and all around improved gameplay... but still the same basic formula.

Fixed.

#88 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:39 PM

$50 Off Collectors Edition! The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Collector's Edition used to be $149.99, but then it took an arrow to the knee! Get it now for only $99.99. That's $50 off the original price of what is called the most played game of the year. Available in stores only.

#89 Postmortem

Postmortem

POSTMORTEM

• 255 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:16 AM

Reach is better, so you shouldn't give Combat Evolved a little bit of your time. I was a big Combat Evolved fan, but then Reach came out so it's still weird to me when people talk about how great Combat Evolved is when Reach is so much better. Many new additions and all around improved gameplay... so much better than the basic formula.

Fixed.

(also, Doom rocks)
GT: FinalPOSTMORTEM

#90 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:08 AM

Fixed.