Photo

Ship Names

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:35 AM

I've always found the naming scheme for some of the ships in Halo to be quite unusual and interesting. "Pillar of Autumn", "Dawn Under Heaven", "In Amber Clad", etc. Anyone have any ideas about where that naming scheme came from?

#2 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:36 AM

Those names sound like it resembles something with the colors; red, orange and brown. The Pillar of Autumn connects to the colors, because of the theme of orange, red and brown. Same thing with Dawn Under Heaven, the sky will be orange. As for In Amber Clad, Amber has colors of orange, red and brown. Just a guess.

#3 Arachnidus

Arachnidus
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:29 PM

I agree with the previous post, the names seem to be connected to the style of the ship.

#4 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 03:11 PM

Those names sound like it resembles something with the colors; red, orange and brown. The Pillar of Autumn connects to the colors, because of the theme of orange, red and brown. Same thing with Dawn Under Heaven, the sky will be orange. As for In Amber Clad, Amber has colors of orange, red and brown.

Just a guess.

That makes as much sense as anything else. For your enjoyment, here's a list of all the ships mentioned in Halo so far:
http://halo.wikia.co...st_of_Starships

#5 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 03:26 PM

That makes as much sense as anything else. For your enjoyment, here's a list of all the ships mentioned in Halo so far:
http://halo.wikia.co...st_of_Starships

I just based those off the starships he named. Not the entire list, which I've never seen before.

#6 ReconO7

ReconO7

Colt: The original point click interface

• 14 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:28 AM

Sometimes they have the names are somewhat related to the role they play. Take Minor Transgression for example, what they did didnt seem so bad but it was the catalyst for everything that happened (read Contact Harvest you'll understand) I liked the name Unyielding Hierophant, and its a fitting name as well.

#7 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:45 PM

Let's not forget Ascendant Justice. I think when you start including the Covenant names the naming convention is harder to figure out. Shadow of Intent is another obvious good one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq