• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#1 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:15 AM

Assassin's Creed Xbox 360-bound

Ubisoft comes clean, reveals its medieval stealth game is heading to Microsoft's next-gen console same day as PS3.

Lance Bass had one. Milli Vanilli had one. Ubisoft had one. It took some time, but eventually all their poorly kept secrets came out, and in the gaming world, it means Xbox 360 owners will be very happy.

Ubisoft today finally revealed that its anticipated game Assassin's Creed will be coming to the Xbox 360, as many had suspected. The announcement comes a day after the publisher admitted the game would be headed for the PC.

The news settles one of the hottest topics in the gaming world this year, as debate over whether or not the game was sneaking onto the Xbox 360 in addition to the PlayStation 3 raged. Though initially announced at Microsoft's X05 event as Project Assassins in 2005, the game was first shown off as Assassin's Creed and revealed as a PlayStation 3 game at E3 2006--an Xbox 360 and PC version was not mentioned.

Eyebrows were raised at other systems' exclusion, especially since it was originally revealed as an Xbox 360 title. Rumors ran amok all year, as a few believed the E3 demo was being shown on Xbox 360 dev kits, some sites said a loose-lipped Ubi rep confirmed a 360 version at France's Interactive Digital Entertainment Festival, and another Web site posted a preview of the Xbox 360 version.

For more on the game, peruse GameSpot's previous coverage or read GameSpot's new Q&A with producer Jade Raymond.

Gamespot

Assassin's Creed Q&A - Assassinating the Xbox

Producer Jade Raymond answers a few questions in light of this promising action game's recently unveiled multiplatform development.

Assassin's Creed was Ubisoft's most talked-about game at this year's E3, but it never struck us as the sort of game that ought to be confined to just one platform. Nevertheless, the company has always insisted that this promising action adventure from the creators of the latter-day Prince of Persia games would appear only on the PlayStation 3--until now. Finally, Ubisoft has come clean about development of an Xbox 360 version of Assassin's Creed, which has certainly whetted our achievement-craving appetites. For the first word on the 360 game, we went straight to producer Jade Raymond.

GameSpot: Why did you decide to bring Assassin's Creed to the Xbox 360?

Jade Raymond: Our ambitions with Assassin's Creed are high: We're aiming to deliver a completely new gameplay experience on a brand-new engine. With artificial intelligence, physics, animation, and graphics ambitions like ours, we weren't sure how many consoles we could support. But we always wanted to share our next-gen vision with as many gamers as possible. We have just recently been able to prove to ourselves that we will be able to deliver on both systems without sacrificing the quality or innovation of our original concept.

GS: How long has the game been in development?

JR: A small core team started working on the concept and technology for Assassin's Creed a little over two years ago. Creating an engine from scratch to fully take advantage of the next-gen systems has been interesting and challenging because you have to wait a lot longer to see gameplay materialize and you're never really sure what is good enough. For a while we had to ban the words "next-gen" because people were getting hung up on them. We had to find a sweet spot in innovation that allowed us to make progress and not get caught up in the theory of what a game could be.

GS: Will there be any differences between the 360 and PS3 games in terms of content?

JR: I hate to answer in such a lame way, but I can't say right now...

GS: Will the game have any online features?

JR: Yes, we will have downloadable content, achievements, and all of that other good stuff.

GS: Will the control functionality vary by console, such as the PS3 controller's tilt functionality?

JR: We are prototyping this kind of thing right now, but we are not sure yet if the prototypes will make it into the final game. We don't want to add control features if they are going to end up feeling gimmicky. We want to make sure that everything in the game, including controls, makes sense within the overall experience and adds to it.

GS: What HD resolutions and audio will it support?

JR: 720p and Dolby Digital 5.1.

GS: What can you tell us about the game's achievements?

JR: It's hard to list the achievements in a meaningful way without going through why it's cool to achieve them, but rest assured, they will drive the fiercest competition between you and your Xbox Live friends.

GS: Can we expect a Marketplace demo?

JR: Who am I to stop you from expecting? But I can't confirm anything at this point in time.

GS: Thanks for your time, Jade.

#2 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 06:32 AM

They had to announce within this week. Kotaku said they demoed it for the 360... and still retracted their official word. Kinda silly.
I got your back, Dual.
Slowly becoming your entertainment dictator.

I hates me some sports games.

#3 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 07:47 AM

This is so unexpected.

#4 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 01 September 2006 - 08:12 AM

Not that I'm not crapping my pants to finally learn that this game is for real coming to "teh xbox 360," but, blaze, could you remind me, where your avatar comes from. I remember seeing a trailer for it that looked pretty badass, but I can't remember the name.

#5 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 09:29 AM

Castle Crashers?
I got your back, Dual.

#6 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 01:00 PM

As odd as it sounds, this game and BioShock almost rival Halo 3 in terms of my excitement for it. No other game comes close...not even Gears of War.

#7 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 01:21 PM

Castle Crashers?

Indeed.

#8 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 03:24 PM

Two-player coop in 2006 and then Four-player coop in 2007...I'm pretty psyched about both games here.

One game that really caught my attention for XLA was Assault Heroes. There's hardly any solid info out on the title, but it reminded me of the NES classic Battle Tank. Speaking of NES classics, Contra should be fun with two-player coop.

#9 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 04:34 PM

As odd as it sounds, this game and BioShock almost rival Halo 3 in terms of my excitement for it.

Alright I'm excited for this game too, but let's not get carried away.

#10 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:04 PM

As odd as it sounds, this game and BioShock almost rival Halo 3 in terms of my excitement for it. No other game comes close...not even Gears of War.

Double Agent is probably going to be the 360 GOTY. Just a little bit.
I got your back, Dual.

#11 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 07:57 PM

Speaking of NES classics, Contra should be fun with two-player coop.

Super Contra anyone? That game was so fun.

Double Agent is probably going to be the 360 GOTY. Just a little bit.

Quoted for truth!

This game will looks like it'll bring a whole new type of stealth to the gaming table. I would really like to see how it works. Disappearing into large crowds sounds interesting. =)

#12 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 11:40 PM

Actually, I was just having fun. I love my SC, but I'm not placing any bets on it for this year's best title.
I got your back, Dual.

#13 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 08:16 AM

This thread sucks at staying on topic. :biggrin:

#14 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 07:45 PM

The topic is Assassain's Creed. True to form, it is staying hidden until the last second when it jumps out and---I think Assassain's Creed will kick ass. The screenshots make the graphics whore inside me crap his pants.

#15 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 02:03 PM

Voc's wet dream #1
Voc's wet dream #2

#16 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 02:30 PM

Voc's wet dream #2

It's funny, when I read through the Da Vinci Code, I always pictured the albino assassin to look like that..... well... an albino version of that.

#17 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:51 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Last Image
Can't wait to play as the time traveling assassin.

#18 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:55 AM

Oh time travel. Now the image makes sense, kinda.
I got your back, Dual.

#19 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 06:03 AM

I love it when things mage sense.

#20 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 06:05 AM

I've been up all night. That's my excuse.
I got your back, Dual.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq