Destiny

• Please log in to reply
1210 replies to this topic

#101 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:30 PM

You do realize some timed exclusives are paid DLC right? Like COD does "First on XBOX" for their map packs. Not sure if that's the case for this Destiny DLC so that's why I'm asking.

1. Clearly the Xbone exclusive are more important to most people on this forum because that's what they spend their time discussing. I didn't see you start any Uncharted 4 threads.

2. See the Watch Dogs thread regarding graphics on the PC.

All indicators point to it being free. I'm sure cocop could clarify, but it makes absolutely no sense for these exclusives to not be free. It would be pretty slimy of Bungie to just let that little fact slide - I'm almost certain that they would clarify if the exclusive content was for-purchase as soon as they announced said content. It's a given that CoD map packs are paid DLC, it's not a given that the exclusive Destiny content is.

1.) Just because nobody makes a thread about it on the tiniest little forum on the planet means that nobody cares about it? Brilliant logic, that. I'm shocked that a forum focused almost entirely on Halo would have topics about Halo on the Xbone! Absolutely flabbergasted, I tell you! Where is the Sunset Overdrive thread? The Fable: Legends thread? The Forza Horizon 2 thread? Surely, nobody must care about the Xbone outside of Halo and Titanfall, then?

2.) ?????????? What does PC have to do with anything I said at any point? Are you implying that I should be buying exclusives on PC instead, where absolutely nobody plays together online? Where I have to worry about a heap of other bullshit besides? Give me a fucking break, dude.

Yep, just like Killzone multiplayer and it's FullHD 720p.

You really have no idea what you're talking about. I could get into the technical details, but I'm almost certain that they would fly right over your head.

Edited by Drew, 17 June 2014 - 02:30 PM.

#102 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:42 PM

Even at 720p I'd debate it looked better than almost any Xbox One title.

#103 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:44 PM

I don't know about the Ps, but Killzone is the best looking next gen game I've played to this point.

#104 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:55 PM

I don't know about the Ps, but Killzone is the best looking next gen game I've played to this point.

Agreed.

#105 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:56 PM

I also have not played Second Son.

#106 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:40 PM

Infamous gives Killzone a run for its money, to be sure. Absolutely gorgeous in every regard.

#107 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:52 PM

To be fair, Jironimo, the PS4 was the only one with a consistently good framerate for Watch_Dogs to include even less hitches of the top three (PC, XBO, PS4). At least when it first launched, I'm sure PC is probably optimized much better by now.

#108 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:57 PM

All indicators point to it being free. I'm sure cocop could clarify, but it makes absolutely no sense for these exclusives to not be free. It would be pretty slimy of Bungie to just let that little fact slide - I'm almost certain that they would clarify if the exclusive content was for-purchase as soon as they announced said content. It's a given that CoD map packs are paid DLC, it's not a given that the exclusive Destiny content is.

1.) Just because nobody makes a thread about it on the tiniest little forum on the planet means that nobody cares about it? Brilliant logic, that. I'm shocked that a forum focused almost entirely on Halo would have topics about Halo on the Xbone! Absolutely flabbergasted, I tell you! Where is the Sunset Overdrive thread? The Fable: Legends thread? The Forza Horizon 2 thread? Surely, nobody must care about the Xbone outside of Halo and Titanfall, then?

2.) ?????????? What does PC have to do with anything I said at any point? Are you implying that I should be buying exclusives on PC instead, where absolutely nobody plays together online? Where I have to worry about a heap of other bullshit besides? Give me a fucking break, dude.

You really have no idea what you're talking about. I could get into the technical details, but I'm almost certain that they would fly right over your head.

Dude, that's why I was asking about the Destiny exclusives, I legitimately have no idea.

1. Why don't you point me to any other thread you've started anywhere on the internet where you had a drawn out discussion of a PS3 title?

2. You didn't read the thread, they gimped the PC version because some people speculate that they developed for the least common denominator. If they're developing for the least common denominator anyway then the supposed much better graphics capability of the PS4 won't make much of a difference.

3. Yes or no, is Killzone on the PS4 720p or not?

#109 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:18 PM

1.) I don't start threads of discussion on forums usually, this being the exception. I have started maybe four or five threads ever on GAF, only two of them gaming related (Battlefield 3 and one bitching about the lack of AF in next-gen games).

2.) I did read the thread, and I don't really see how it's relevant. The PS4 still provides the superior experience to the Xbone, and that's what is at issue here.

3.) No. The singleplayer is 1920x1080p native, and the multiplayer runs at 980x1080 (still 100k more pixels than 720p, and native to boot) using a brilliant algorithm that updates every other line on every other frame, giving you 60fps and what appears to be (and effectively is) a 1080p image. The effect is so convincing that nobody even noticed until months after launch.

#110 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:35 AM

God damn.

https://www.youtube....NAMTUHovNZWx9BA

#111 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:40 AM

Welcome everyone to the Ivan & Drew show!

#112 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:12 PM

Yep, Drew's always trollin.

#113 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:12 PM

Dropping facts = trolling.

It's beautiful. I hope the rumors about only a single raid on launch are false, though... Would be kinda disappointing.

Also, B-roll footage is the best.

Edited by Drew, 19 June 2014 - 12:19 PM.

#114 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:01 AM

Don't get defensive sucka.

#115 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

Hey man, I'm just preaching the truth.

Cocop, what's all this noise about the current-gen versions of the game being held back for "parity" with the last-gen versions? Say it ain't so.

#116 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:19 PM

AJ assemble.

raid.png

#117 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:32 AM

yeeeaaah

#118 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:53 AM

The door to m cheif's house is now open. I think we all know which Ascendant Justice Destiny group will be the superior one...

http://www.bungie.ne...?groupId=113313

Also, m cheif's garage door is open too:

http://socialclub.ro.../m_cheifs_house

#119 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:51 AM

m cheif!!! ,!

#120 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:55 PM

So who all is getting the Dinklage edition?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq