#121 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:38 PM

So who all is getting the Dinklage edition?

I do not understand the question.

#122 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:49 PM

I also do not understand that question. 

#123 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:53 PM

YOU LIVE

#124 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:06 PM

The $150 Ghost (Dinkleberry) Edition comes with a Ghost action figure that should probably repeat the moon-wizard dialogue from the game, because it would be a waste of 150 moonbucks if it doesn't.

#125 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:16 PM

Limited edition is decent if you're planning on getting the expansions. You basically get a steel book, lots of other physical crap, and some in-game skins for five bucks.

Lol @ the DLC having exclusive content as well. Sucks for Xbone users.

#126 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:44 PM

Limited edition is decent if you're planning on getting the expansions. You basically get a steel book, lots of other physical crap, and some in-game skins for five bucks.

Aside from pre-orders, special editions are my biggest "come on..." Of the past 10 years. I've only bought one CE since the 360 was released, and that was BioShock.

For $10 more, I got an awesome Big Daddy statue and a "vinyl" CD with some tunes from the game. Now, that same getup would cost me $100. At least.

Basically, I read something in either GI or EGM circa 2004, that said that MS justified increasing MSRP to $60 for that gen based on the fact that gamers showed a willingness to pay for "extra content" by buying LEs. They then said that hi-res next gen graphics were just that, extra content. Soured me on LEs ever since.

I would have bought the Skyrim CE if it wasn't $150. That dragon statue was badass.

#127 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:47 PM

Shut up, Drew. Please don't re-engage on that topic again.

#128 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:21 PM

Nothing gives me more joy than rubbing Ivan's nose in it.

(JK, I 💗 you bro.)

E: Also, thank fuck Bungie took pity on me and the maintenance days are both days that I'm working. All hail.

Edited by Drew, 07 July 2014 - 07:23 PM.

#129 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:26 PM

YOU LIVE

I was in Vegas for a few days, and then had to recover/work this past week.

Also, I'm heavily debating buying a PS4 today. But there's nothing out I'm really dying to play (even with the Beta this month) so I think I'll hold off a bit.

#130 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 637 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:28 PM

Also, I'm heavily debating buying a PS4 today. But there's nothing out I'm really dying to play (even with the Beta this month) so I think I'll hold off a bit.

Just do it already. You've been talking about it for months.

#131 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:37 AM

It looks like the prices for each edition in the UK are double the US prices. I doubt I'll get the game at launch if that's the case.
GT: KrAzY WiSh

#132 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:03 AM

Nothing gives me more joy than rubbing Ivan's nose in it.

(JK, I you bro.)

E: Also, thank fuck Bungie took pity on me and the maintenance days are both days that I'm working. All hail.

To be honest man, I don't even care that Playstation has any benefits for Destiny. If I had a Playstation I would only use it for their exclusives like God of War, Last of Us, Uncharted, etc. I could have a PS4 right now and I would play the released game on my Xbox. I think if it was Halo I'd be bent out of shape about it but that's the only franchise I really care about like that now.

#133 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:03 AM

Exclusive DLC within DLC? We must go deeper. 

#134 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:10 AM

Aside from pre-orders, special editions are my biggest "come on..." Of the past 10 years. I've only bought one CE since the 360 was released, and that was BioShock.

For $10 more, I got an awesome Big Daddy statue and a "vinyl" CD with some tunes from the game. Now, that same getup would cost me $100. At least.

Basically, I read something in either GI or EGM circa 2004, that said that MS justified increasing MSRP to $60 for that gen based on the fact that gamers showed a willingness to pay for "extra content" by buying LEs. They then said that hi-res next gen graphics were just that, extra content. Soured me on LEs ever since.

I would have bought the Skyrim CE if it wasn't $150. That dragon statue was badass.

Well, if you're planning on getting the season pass anyway, I'd say that the steelbook alone is worth the extra five bucks... But that's just me.

I debated paying the extra $50 for Dinklage, but I think I'm done with huge special editions. Reach and Skyrim were more than enough for me, I only have so much room for gigantic statues.

I won't disagree that the trend toward $100 LEs is fucking bullshit, though. Incredibly annoying that prices seem to be hiking so quickly. I suppose that I'm part of the problem, buying into them as readily as I do, but still.

The Destiny bundle is a decent deal, you get a month of PS+ and Destiny for $50.

Exclusive DLC within DLC? We must go deeper. 

Nobody has stated what the DLC will be, it could be nothing more than a few skins or something along those lines. However, going off of the launch-exclusive content, there could very well be exclusive MP maps and Strikes.

Also, Ivan, daddy Tucker told me to drop it, so this is the last I'll say. It literally makes no sense to buy Destiny on the Xbone if you own both consoles... At this point, you're being obtuse for the sake of being obtuse.

Edited by Drew, 08 July 2014 - 10:36 AM.

#135 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:20 AM

Well hold on, I don't own both consoles but if I did if I prefer the xbone controller, xbox live, getting achievements, and keeping my game saves there why wouldn't I? The graphics should be slightly better but it won't be night and day.

#136 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:41 PM

You guys are both wieners.

Also, the Destiny bundle seems like a decent enough idea. As for what Deftech said? Yes, I've been talking about it because I want to get one. But I'm not going to buy one with nothing to play. And as it stands? I wouldn't pay $460+ dollars to play Infamous/Killzone. The beta will be over quick, so that's not that big of a deal. And I've already played the big multiplats. So, really, the only thing holding me back is something I need. Multiplat or otherwise.

#137 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:03 PM

It looks like the prices for each edition in the UK are double the US prices. I doubt I'll get the game at launch if that's the case.

Jesus, you're not joking, wtf. How can they possibly justify an almost 1:1 price conversion.

You guys are both wieners.

Also, the Destiny bundle seems like a decent enough idea. As for what Deftech said? Yes, I've been talking about it because I want to get one. But I'm not going to buy one with nothing to play. And as it stands? I wouldn't pay $460+ dollars to play Infamous/Killzone. The beta will be over quick, so that's not that big of a deal. And I've already played the big multiplats. So, really, the only thing holding me back is something I need. Multiplat or otherwise.

If you've not played the Last of Us, then that is something that you need to rectify and the PS4 version is out soon. I envy those who will be playing it for the first time on PS4, frame rate issues were one of my few issues with what I would otherwise describe as perfect. Also Infamous is very pretty.

Edited by UHYVE, 08 July 2014 - 04:05 PM.

#138 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:09 PM

Oh shit, I completely forgot that TLoU HD is this month. Fuuuuck yeah.

#139 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:20 PM

That's the game that most interests me on the PS. God of War and some of the others would just be extra.

#140 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:12 PM

Nightshade, buy a PS4 or I'll break into the one house in Nebraska, which must be yours, and cut you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq