549 replies to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,942 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:26 PM

http://www.engadget....ief-collection/

If this is real, there better be MP.

Edited by Cocopjojo, 01 November 2014 - 09:32 PM.

#2 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:42 PM

There's not enough information about this to be excited for it yet. Halo 2 Anniversary is basically a guarantee, but I can't think of how it would logically fit inside this cumpilation. A single disk containing a Halo 1 Anniversary port, Halo 2 Anniversary, a Halo 3 port, and a Halo 4 port probably makes the most sense, but where does that leave H1A's Reach multiplayer if Reach isn't included? Do they just cut it completely so that Halo 1 Anniversary 2 is just the campaign? Could they re-add Halo 1's original offline multiplayer? Do Halo 3 and Halo 4 keep their online multiplayers? Wouldn't that detract from the significance of Halo 2 Anniversary? Will Cocop ruin this too? So many questions...

If we weren't in the darkest timeline, this thing would be:
  • Halo 1 Anniversary Redux with original multiplayer rebuilt for online functionality
  • Halo 2 Anniversary with original multiplayer + all DLC, online co-op, and modern grafixx
  • Halo 3 port with clean faces mod
  • Halo 3 ODST port
  • Halo Reach port because apparently one person liked this game
  • Halo 4 port that is just an animated slideshow of m cheif and Cortana fanart with this playing in the background
All running at 1080p/60fps. And the entire thing would also be on PC with full Steamworks support. That's the universe I want to live in.

#3 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:28 AM

I really hope the multiplayer in intact.  I'd love to go back to Halo 1 A's "fractured multiplayer" argument and call it out for the lie it was.

PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#4 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,005 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:33 AM

There will be no online multiplayer in these games. If there is, it will be a "Best Of" scenario, where it's a handful of maps from each game using Halorun's mechanics.

That would be the death knell of the Halo franchise.

#5 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:57 AM

Put a fork in any dreams for H2 multiplayer. It isn't happening.

If they release a compilation of 4 games, I just can't see them including multiplayer for just H2, which means:

1) they will release multiplayer for all games (which would divide the player base and be a lot of work)

2) they will release multiplayer for none of the games (i could see this happening)

3) they will release multiplayer from 4 

I might be too sure of this, but I don't think H2 multiplayer is happening. Would love to be wrong, and getting all 4 single player games would be nice, but it isn't as exciting as the H2A idea was to me.

#6 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,942 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:22 AM

don't do this to me, 343

not like this

#7 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,692 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:25 AM

It's probably called the m cheif cumpilation specifically because there will be no multiplayer.

They want to focus on m cheif, and multiplayer Spartans are not m cheif.

#8 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,005 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:41 AM

don't do this to me, 343

not like this

oculusresponse_main.png

#9 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:43 PM

It seems like a death sentence for one of the games to release two multiplayer Halo's with online at once. It's either going to be Halo 2, or nothing at all, I think. No one would ever buy any more video games ever if they did both.

#10 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:26 AM

I can only see Halo 2's multiplayer being included also. Halo 1 was "kinda" included with Reach, and we already have existing online multiplayer with 3 and 4 (lol). Microsoft could do something proactive though - if 3 and 4 also had multiplayer, they could include cross-platform play with their 360 counterparts (PC too?).

More games need to do this.

#11 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,942 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:07 PM

There will never be cross-platform play between Halo games.

I really hope they just leave each game's respective MP in...... I'd be fine even with completely unmodified versions with no Xbox Live support, as long as there was a System Link option still.

Sadly, I doubt even this is a possibility... We're likely going to get no multiplayer at all.

Microsoft ruined everything.

#12 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:27 PM

yhH86MO.png

#13 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:25 AM

Halo 1 Anniversary (new graphics + online coop), plus original multiplayer

Halo 2 Anniversary (new graphics + online coop), plus original multiplayer with all DLC

Halo 3, plus original multiplayer with all DLC

Halo 4, plus original multiplayer with all DLC

Dedicated servers gets it all to work well online. Higher resolution for all with better frame-rates.

How sick would H3 be with a higher frame rate, higher resolution, better AA (no jaggies), and updated controller settings (X to reload)?

#believe

#14 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:58 AM

Halo 1 Anniversary (new graphics + online coop), plus original multiplayer

Halo 2 Anniversary (new graphics + online coop), plus original multiplayer with all DLC

Halo 3, plus original multiplayer with all DLC

Halo 4, plus original multiplayer with all DLC

Dedicated servers gets it all to work well online. Higher resolution for all with better frame-rates.

How sick would H3 be with a higher frame rate, higher resolution, better AA (no jaggies), and an updated control settings (X to reload)?

#believe

x_files___i_want_to_believe_by_ramaelk-d

#15 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:27 PM

and updated controller settings (X to reload)?

#believe

Something something let me rebind my buttons you stupid developers something something...

PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#16 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,942 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:10 AM

So who's going to donate their heart to save Ivan when his gets crushed by 30fps@720p H2A with no multiplayer being the only thing announced at E3?

Edited by Drew, 20 May 2014 - 11:10 AM.

#17 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:21 PM

Microsoft should just rage quit/eject the disc right then and there if that happens.

#18 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,005 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:37 AM

Microsoft should just rage quit/eject the disc right then and there if that happens.

The term you are seeking is "dashboarding." Which, like everything else on the One, takes 11x longer than it did on 360.

#19 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:36 AM

So who's going to donate their heart to save Ivan when his gets crushed by 30fps@720p H2A with no multiplayer being the only thing announced at E3?

Don't I already have 1 bet going with you?

How about we bet that this game has all of the multiplayer? Let's go for $20.

#20 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:39 PM

Don't I already have 1 bet going with you?

How about we bet that this game has all of the multiplayer? Let's go for $20.

Are you making bets using insider knowledge that you've received from a specific individual? Because if so, I don't think that's fair. Based on Microsoft's and 343's track records, it doesn't make any logical sense for them to add Halo 1's original multiplayer back into a re-re-release, and including Halo 2, 3, and 4's multiplayer on one disk would completely contradict 343's stance on "not wanting to fracture the Halo playerbase." These things, they make no sense, but you seem extremely confident that they will happen. I'm onto you, Jironimoo...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq