zenbaltz's Content

There have been 15 items by zenbaltz (Search limited from 18-September 18)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#9248468 ZenBaltz' Montage "Going Baltz Deep" 2012

Posted by zenbaltz on 24 April 2012 - 06:20 PM in The Reclaimer Saga

Yea, admin feel free to move the thread. I just wanted to stimulate some activity. Halo 4 is looking to be boss, Halocouncil.com has quick updates of all the latest. Similar to H3DA back in the D-Ay!

#9248466 ZenBaltz' Montage "Going Baltz Deep" 2012

Posted by zenbaltz on 24 April 2012 - 08:49 AM in The Reclaimer Saga

http://www.youtube.c...ture=plpp_video

Hey AJ! Here is my first offering of 2012! Hope you enjoy the show!

"Going Baltz Deep" is sure to entertain with ZenBaltz providing a balanced representation of what it means to play Halo. The film contains a blend of comical scenarios and twisted fates as well as rock-solid MLG Gameplay. Click the Play button now to witness this thrilling Halo experience! Please leave feedback by responding below so I can incorporate the necessities of the Halo Nation into my next production!

Produced by AXiS ALiVE Studios.
Run Time 8:25

Audio provided by:

Under the Flood - Blown Away
10 Years - All White
A Perfect Circle - Blue (Remix)

ZenBaltz <3 HaloNation

#9248052 New Maps and (almost certain?) TU

Posted by zenbaltz on 05 October 2011 - 12:07 PM in Ancillary Games

I've been using HA and so are most people.

Actually, I thought MS should change the name of this to just Halo Anniversary and drop the Combat Evolved. It sounds better, and the original name of this game was just HALO until MS made them add the CE which I think still sounds out of place.

H1
H2
H3
ODST
Reach
HA
H4

HW Halo Wars?

#9248016 Video Capture

Posted by zenbaltz on 29 September 2011 - 01:27 PM in Off-Topic

The Black Magic Intensity Pro comes with component out, so dealing with that tiny bit of input lag may be your only option. :(

Yea I am just waiting on a screen with HDMI input.

#9248005 Video Capture

Posted by zenbaltz on 27 September 2011 - 09:16 PM in Off-Topic

Niterider, which vga - component splitter box would you suggest? I only need it to output 1280x720 (720p).

#9247993 Video Capture

Posted by zenbaltz on 25 September 2011 - 09:00 PM in Off-Topic

Well the way I have it set up with the VGA split has no input lag, so I'd like to get that configuration working... Just need to understand why the picture is pink and inconsistent.. :(

Otherwise im going to go buy this: http://usa.asus.com/...#specifications and then I can just use HDMI like I wanted to in the first place!

#9247990 Video Capture

Posted by zenbaltz on 25 September 2011 - 06:23 PM in Off-Topic

Yea, I am kind of in a shitty situation where I have two Monitors, neither of which have an HDMI port on them. And as I learned earlier, I can't convert the HDMI out signal to DVI successfully. :( So, I have chosen the Analog Signal path only to find the for some odd reason the conversion from VGA to YPrPb fails epically... Voice and sound are working! I want to get that Asus 22-23 Monitor with all of the necessary ports! :)

#9247987 Video Capture

Posted by zenbaltz on 25 September 2011 - 01:22 PM in Off-Topic

Alright, I have my box hooked up to a VGA splitter via the 360 VGA Cable, from there I have it split via vga to my monitor and the other to a vga-compnent video converter. This component signal then connects to the black magic intensity's component-input breakout cable.

The problem: The picture is dark and pink.

http://imageshack.us...9/streambu.jpg/

#9247967 Zero Bloom Slayer

Posted by zenbaltz on 21 September 2011 - 09:13 PM in Ancillary Games

I'ts definitely interesting. Adds room for classic Halo skill but takes away a certain pacing that the game was based around. The Sniper has become less useful as well as most other guns and the pistol dominates everything except long shots. I would say overall I prefer bloom as of tonight's experience in custom games. Spawning with both pistol and DMR is a tragic case, for anyone who values their life, among the small/ mid-sized maps.

#9247951 Video Capture

Posted by zenbaltz on 19 September 2011 - 09:06 PM in Off-Topic

I suspect it has to do with DRM, but HDMI to DVI from a console rarely works. The only time I've seen HDMI to DVI conversion work is from a PC video card to a monitor.

There's another option. If you only intend to run at 720p, run VGA. VGA runs at 720p max and Microsoft sells the cable for about 40 bucks.

Also, if you intend on streaming your gameplay and not replays (or theater mode in Halo), you need to split the signal to the monitor and the capture device. Capture devices significantly delay the signal to the monitor, creating a huge amount of input lag and make the game unplayable. With a VGA cable, you can split the signal minimal degradation to the monitor and the capture card. This also completely bypasses any and all DRM since you're using an analog signal.

Thank you sir, attempting this strategy after order arrives.

#9247905 Video Capture

Posted by zenbaltz on 14 September 2011 - 07:20 AM in Off-Topic

Dude, I wouldn't capture in 1080 if the xbox is really only doing 720p. Just grab it at 720p, you'll lose nothing in quality.

Good thought, 720p is the overall goal for streaming and gameplay capture.

#9247904 Video Capture

Posted by zenbaltz on 14 September 2011 - 07:05 AM in Off-Topic

Don't do this. Conversion to DVI rarely works, especially if you're using HDMI's audio signal. You're better off buying a new capture device that can take component or HDMI in directly.

I only need to use this for the output video coming from my capture card due to the fact that my monitor doesn't have an HDMI input, but whether I run the cable directly from the Xbox to the Monitor or from the Xbox-Capcard/ Capcard- Monitor, the Xbox refuses to display a signal.

This is the process I intend to use for Streaming btw...

#9247898 Halo: Reach Title Update

Posted by zenbaltz on 13 September 2011 - 09:54 AM in Ancillary Games

How many gamers return to the Non-Bloomed Halo: Reach?? HALF A MILLION.

#9247897 Halo Anniversary Multiplayer

Posted by zenbaltz on 13 September 2011 - 09:50 AM in Ancillary Games

Haha we had the opposite expectations - my 3 favorite Halo 1 maps were:
1) Dammy
2) Hang Em
3) Prisoner

I knew the Anniversary Map Pack had nailed it once all 3 were confirmed. The other 3 maps are just icing on the cake. I'm okay with no bloom becoming the de facto standard - the M6D is a little bit gimped by its magazine restrictions, and the DMR has more range anyways. I also don't want to see magical weapons like the pro pipe removed from my sandbox. I'll take your word for it on the jet pack judgment, but I still think my ideal gametype post-TU won't have armor abilities. :shrug:

Wait, Hang em High is in??!

#9247896 Video Capture

Posted by zenbaltz on 13 September 2011 - 09:35 AM in Off-Topic

I have a few questions regarding the Black Magic Intensity Pro PCI-E card. First off, what kind of disk array can I get for under $250 so I can capture in HD1080? Second, when using an HDMI-to-DVI output why wont the xbox 360/ BMIP send a signal that way? When streaming my content (twitch.tv/zenbaltz) what kinds of things do I need to know regarding streaming in HD vs SD? Thank you in advance, specifics available upon reply!

IPB Skin By Virteq