• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

Someone on the HBO forums put up a good chart of the different loadout options. I still haven't touched multiplayer, but I'm thinking: DMR, Plasma Pistol, Frag, Thrust, Dexterity and Resupply.

Posted Image

#2 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

DMR vs BR? Thoughts?

#3 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

DMR seems to be the consensus among the MLG players who got the game early and have been playing since it was still being tested. I agree as well, you get better range on the DMR and because it's single shot you don't have to worry about missing any of the bursted bullets.

#4 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

How is MLG playing this game (as far as weapons, ordinance, tac packages, etc) ? Seems very un-MLG-like.

#5 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

How is MLG playing this game (as far as weapons, ordinance, tac packages, etc) ? Seems very un-MLG-like.

From the stream I saw before the game was released, a lot of them were using jetpack and pro vision because they are the most powerful abilities in the game. Other than dexterity, I didn't see what other perks they were using. They were definitely using ordnance as well. It's possible that Microsoft requested they use all the new stuff for the pre-release coverage, though. I imagine a lot of this will change later down the road.

#6 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:35 AM

Yep, I think that's right. I don't think the Pros were given any settings in advance. I'm assuming that for real competitions later on they'll use settings like the Slayer Pro playlist.

#7 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:52 AM

Actually, I've seen quite a few pros (Walshy, Bravo) calling for MLG to not summarily dismiss load-outs and personal ordnance. I think they're mostly enjoying this game and they'd like to see it stay intact this time. There's also the whole "Joe Schmoe would rather see pros play the same game he is playing, just on a higher level" argument. My load-outs all use DMR (I am in love with the new DMR) and plasma pistol (uses: anti-vehicle, occasional noob combo). My straightforward load-out is just frags, Promethean Vision, Shielding (faster recharge), and Dexterity (faster reload). I'm playing around with different perks (sorry, I'm not going to try and call them whatever 343i does, they're perks). For example, camo with faster armor ability regeneration and one or the other of the radar enhancements. I also have one I'm calling Scavenger (I still use Promethean Vision with that one, but the perks allow me to pick up fallen grenades and start with more ammo). I may start playing around with the Light Rifle a bit, but it's going to be hard to go without my DMR. The thruster pack could really use some tweaking - it's almost perfect in Campaign, but in Multiplayer, it's downright worthless.

#8 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

Are their more explicit details surrounding what the perks do? How much faster do your shields charge with shielding? I want numbers.

#9 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

Are their more explicit details surrounding what the perks do? How much faster do your shields charge with shielding? I want numbers.

I think I saw that it was 15% faster once you're out of combat. I don't remember where I saw that though.

#10 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,692 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

As someone who tosses almost as many grenades as he shoots bullets, I'm quickly becoming a huge fan of Resupply.

#11 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:53 AM

So it seems the Suppressor is actually a worthwhile weapon and can be the best fully automatic rifle in certain circumstances. If beats the AR and Storm Rifle up close.

#12 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

So it seems the Suppressor is actually a worthwhile weapon and can be the best fully automatic rifle in certain circumstances. If beats the AR and Storm Rifle up close.

I equip it as secondary weapon with "Firepower" when I'm playing KOTH. It can be quite nice whipping it out when defending the hill after my BR is empty.
GT: KrAzY WiSh

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq