• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#21 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

LOL, some people are totally freaking out. How can an MS studio get this so wrong? It's epic embarrassment.

#22 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

That trailer just makes me wish that you could've turned the music volume up in the campaign.

#23 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 460 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

I started up Halo 4, checked out the in-game market place and it let me download the maps for free. Awesome.

#24 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,005 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

Cheap as free! Ah, the benefits of a home office...

#25 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

Free here too.
PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#26 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 624 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

Guess they fixed it.

#27 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

Try accessing the marketplace inside the Halo 4 menu instead of the regular marketplace. If you didn't try that.

#28 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 624 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

Try accessing the marketplace inside the Halo 4 menu instead of the regular marketplace.

If you didn't try that.

I did, tells me I don't have enough points and to add some.

#29 Niterider

Niterider

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

It's hit and miss. Some people have been getting them, some haven't. If they fixed it, it's only been within the last couple of hours. I redeemed at around 7 central.

Edited by Niterider, 10 December 2012 - 08:03 PM.

#30 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

When I loaded up Halo 4 today it automatically pulled up the DLC list and it showed Crimson Map Pack to me for 0 points. I bought the LE so I already paid anyway. I'm curious though if it prompted you guys to download when you load up the game or did you have to check the the Marketplace option in the main menu? If any of you haven't tried it yet you should as some people have still been getting it this evening. It looks like if you downloaded the specialization code that was sent out around last week you have a good shot at getting the DLC for free. I'm assuming the code that was sent out by MS didn't just unlock the Specializations but it unlocked access to the maps.

#31 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

Holy cow - you're right! Guess I'll try these tonight after all.

#32 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:26 AM

I'm assuming it worked for you Cuse? Did you enter that specialization code which was emailed out last week or did you just go in and it gave it to you?

#33 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:10 AM

Yeah, it worked. And yes, I entered the specialization code. Since I would imagine practically everyone has the maps, I even had them coming up in non-DLC hoppers.

#34 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:24 AM

Awesome, I'm glad you were able to pick them up for free since you were only "thinking" about buying them. Hopefully you're on tonight so we can get some games in. I heard there were people who got it free who had not entered the specialization code. I'm still trying to confirm but it's worth a shot if anyone else hasn't tried it yet.

#35 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:02 AM

Yeah. I somehow lost my specializations email but I still was able to download the maps for free last night.

#36 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

What does anyone actually think of the maps? Personally I don't think any of them are that special. Of the three, Shatter is probably my favourite, though that may just be because I actually managed decent games on it. Harvest is definitely too small for the warthogs. What do you think of "Extraction"?
GT: KrAzY WiSh

#37 Niterider

Niterider

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

There was no prompt. I just checked in game and saw it for 0 points (not the XBL marketplace).

Also, saw this on GAF.

http://www.neogaf.co...44#post45339944

How do you know someone from PR in the video game industry is lying? Their mouth is open. Anyone with half a brain can see through this crap.

Edited by Niterider, 11 December 2012 - 08:45 PM.

#38 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

LOL. OK.

Many of you participated in our ?14 Day - Buy and Play? program, a special offer that granted early access to six Specializations. As part of that program, we are providing complimentary access to the Crimson Map Pack for a limited time (through Tuesday, December 18 at 9am UTC/GMT). At that time, the complimentary limited access to the Crimson Map Pack will close, and ?14 Day - Buy and Play? program participants will no longer be able to access the content for online play (please note anybody who has already purchased the Crimson Map Pack or owns the Halo 4 Map Pass or Limited Edition will not be impacted and will continue to have access to the content after the complimentary access period ends).

If you enjoy the new maps and would like to continue playing on them after that date, the Crimson Map Pack can be purchased through the Xbox LIVE Marketplace for 800 MS Points, or via purchase of the War Games Map Pass. We hope you?re enjoying the special Crimson Map Pack preview, and we?ll see you on the (new!) virtual battlefields.

Back to not buying these maps.

#39 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

I'm sure they won't be able to figure out how to revoke the maps just like they couldn't figure out how to properly release the maps.

#40 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,005 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

In other words, "It's going to take us a week or so to sort through this clusterfuck and differentiate our spec codes from our 'unlock everything' codes." I like the vistas on Harvest. Bloom is a bitch, though, on that and Wreckage. Shatter is just a terrible, terrible map. It makes no sense. You've got this huge structure in the center with the caps on opposite ends, yet have to walk around the perimeter in order to get from one to the other. It's like the opposite of horrible design from Countdown in Reach. Refer to Cocop's sardonic "awesome flag cap" video from a couple years back.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq