• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#1 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:26 PM

Getting ready for a run at Tsavo Highway with all of the skulls turned on? Or maybe it's time for Monday Night Grifball? A power-levelling session in the MLG playlist? Yeah, you're going to need help with that, so rally the troops here. Or maybe you just stuck a spawn-camping Banshee with the most legendary plasma grenade toss in recorded history (and it was recorded, thank God), but your wife's reaction to the story wasn't quite what you'd hoped... Post a game link, screenshot, or Saved Film here for a considerably more satisfying response. Basically, if you would have put it in either the "Post Your Pwnage" or the "C'mon Y'all! Get On!" thread before, you can post it here instead.

#2 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:37 AM

I once heard a tale about Valor... Apparently he once ingested over 1,000 baconators in a single sitting.

#3 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:10 PM

We need to get a Halo 3 gathering going on someday.

#4 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:13 PM

I have a tale of Valor: I was mentioned on the front page of HBO for linking an article about the reality of the Flood on planet earth. EDIT: Yeah, I'm kinda proud of myself.

Edited by mattacus, 07 August 2008 - 03:13 PM.

#5 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:04 PM

Haha, yeah, I saw your name there today, mattacus.

#6 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 01:21 PM

I have a tale of Valor: I was mentioned on the front page of HBO for linking an article about the reality of the Flood on planet earth.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm kinda proud of myself.

Where's the link cuska?

#7 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 03:01 PM

lol "cuska," Jeremy told me about that...

#8 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:30 AM

Where's the link cuska?

http://harpers.org/a...2008/04/0081988

Here's a paragraph talking about this contagious cancer found in dogs all over the world:

In other words, CTVT can be conceptualized as a single creature, a parasite (and not a species of parasite, but an individual), which has managed to spread itself out among millions of different dogs. Research by molecular geneticists suggests the tumor originated in a wolf, or maybe an East Asian dog, somewhere between 200 and 2,500 years ago, which means that CTVT is probably the oldest continuous lineage of mammal cells presently living on Earth. The dogs may be young, but the tumor is ancient.

Edited by mattacus, 10 August 2008 - 09:31 AM.

#9 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 06:36 PM

http://harpers.org/a...2008/04/0081988

Here's a paragraph talking about this contagious cancer found in dogs all over the world:

no nub. The link to your HBO post?

#10 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:38 PM

no nub. The link to your HBO post?

Dude. I am a nub.

The HBO post.

Edited by mattacus, 10 August 2008 - 09:38 PM.

#11 Maj Williams

Maj Williams
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:53 AM

So I was reading GAF, and I really enjoy watching the Gamevee clips that show up there.

One in particular had something interesting that wasn't the intention for showing the vid.

http://www.gamevee.c.../Killtac/598536

First, yes, the guy gets a killtac. Thats awesome. The then, at around 15-16 seconds, after he gets the spree, you'll notice that a guy down the hall shoots a plasma pistol burst at him while he is throwing a grenade.

However, if you watch, it appears as though the grenade actually impacted with the plasma burst and stopped it mid-air! I had no idea this was possible. Those crazy Bungle guys.

#12 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:19 PM

Not really sure what you're expecting us to say here. But yeah, they gave the grenades real life properties like being a solid object? The same thing happened when a rockets trajectory is affected by physics or exploding when the impact trigger is set off by other means other than impact with a solid object.

#13 Maj Williams

Maj Williams
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:08 PM

yeah, i guess i should have formulated it into more of a question. but i was aware of most of the object type things that most things do in H3, however, i had not seen it executed with these two things in particular. any other vids of crazy things like this happening?

#14 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:10 PM

While having rockets and grenades being affected by nearby explosions is certainly more realistic, it seems to happen to 99% of the rockets I fire, especially in all-rocket games. I remember in Halo 2 I had to tell myself to wait before the opponent's grenade blows up in my face before I throw a grenade of my own, lest his grenade blows up mine in my hand and I immediately die.
XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#15 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:15 PM

Yeah, that is awesome, Major. I don't know of any other games that have done this with their grenades and weapons' fire.

#16 txlonghorn

txlonghorn

Read a newspaper

• Veteran
  • 515 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:22 PM

Lets try to get a party together tonight to send Mattacus off right. What time can everybody get on?

#17 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 05:14 PM

I'll definitely be playing a significant amount tonight. Let me know if anyone else plans on getting on, and what time.

#18 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:55 PM

PicaDisorder and I are getting on in about 30 mins to finish the last level of campaign and then multiplayer after. We could really use a 3rd or 4th at least.

#19 txlonghorn

txlonghorn

Read a newspaper

• Veteran
  • 515 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:39 PM

lets play some f n halo

#20 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts