• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jironimo

Jironimo

XBOX ONE Apologist

• Admin
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:32 AM

343 Guilty Spark looks pretty damn good. I'm glad to see the AR model has been changed to match the actual Halo 1 AR. The Terminals look great as well.

#2 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,127 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:48 PM

Been meaning to post this - every level I've seen of this game looks so fucking good (other than The Library)... They did great things with Halo and 343 GS - it's really striking how much they've added to the atmosphere (it really makes you realize how much Marty's ambient sounds set the eerie tone in what was essentially fog and nondescript trees - I hope they've kept this auditory aspect intact). The little flood explosion in the beginning was pretty lame though. I'm nervous about the framerate chugs though - it seems to only happen right after you've switched from old to new, however, and it seems to settle down after ten seconds or so. I think they've nailed the atmosphere for this level - this portion of the trailer was actually one of the things that convinced me I'd be okay preordering.

#3 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 457 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:56 PM

Pity we didn't get any direct feed footage at Gamescom but 343GS looks pretty. I just want to see the second level and I'm good.

#4 DangerousDave

DangerousDave
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:11 PM

Happy to see the AR change as well. The framerate issues are one thing, but the dip to color dissolve for the transitions is new, correct? IIRC the old versions we saw immediately switched from old/new and vice versa. I understand if it's too much of a performance hog to do that, although the effect of *instantly* seeing the difference was vastly greater.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo: CE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq