Halo: CE Halo 2 Halo 3

• Please log in to reply
549 replies to this topic

#21 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,939 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:35 PM

Don't I already have 1 bet going with you?

How about we bet that this game has all of the multiplayer? Let's go for $20.

All of the original multiplayer? Or HD versions of each? Or an amalgamation of all the different multiplayers in one incoherent mess?

Gotta keep your bets straight, bro.

#22 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,882 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:54 PM

I'm making a bet about H2A having multiplayer because that's specifically what Drew said wouldn't have multiplayer.

#23 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,882 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:57 PM

Are you making bets using insider knowledge that you've received from a specific individual? Because if so, I don't think that's fair. Based on Microsoft's and 343's track records, it doesn't make any logical sense for them to add Halo 1's original multiplayer back into a re-re-release, and including Halo 2, 3, and 4's multiplayer on one disk would completely contradict 343's stance on "not wanting to fracture the Halo playerbase." These things, they make no sense, but you seem extremely confident that they will happen. I'm onto you, Jironimoo...

They didn't add H1 multiplayer because as Frankie said the experience wouldn't have been good because of the latency, but now that there's dedicated servers for the Xbox one that's no longer an issue for H1 so they could do it.

The fragmenting the player base reason was just an excuse. Besides, if they put them all on one disc are they really fragmenting the player base now?

#24 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:34 PM

They didn't add H1 multiplayer because as Frankie said the experience wouldn't have been good because of the latency, but now that there's dedicated servers for the Xbox one that's no longer an issue for H1 so they could do it.

Dedicated servers won't magically solve the "Halo 1 wasn't built to be played online" problem, which was always at the core of Frankie's excuses. Halo PC ran on dedicated servers and it had quite a bit of latency. Even if they were to rebuild some parts of Halo 1's networking (or lack thereof) to curb some of that latency, they're still going to end up with something that "doesn't feel exactly the same as it did on the original Xbox", which was the line that Frankie repeated over and over again.

The fragmenting the player base reason was just an excuse. Besides, if they put them all on one disc are they really fragmenting the player base now?

I don't know -- you'd have to ask Frankie where he draws the lines in the playerbase fragmentation. The "fraction of a fraction" of the Halo playerbase that would have been playing an online-enabled Halo 1 multiplayer with Halo Anniversary was apparently significant enough to avoid that potential fragmentation, and this rumored collection would technically be splitting the playerbase four ways. Either way, this whole thing is bullshit and if this cumpilation includes the thing that 343 said couldn't happen, then I feel like that's a golden ticket to the outrage-factory. I will be vociferating this hypocrisy until I'm on my deathbed.

#25 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:08 PM

If they were concerned about fragmenting Reach's players, they'll be fucking terrified of fragmenting all 40 people who still play Halo 4.

#26 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,882 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:40 AM

Dedicates servers wouldn't fix it but would make it tolerable.

Keep in mind there's no Halo on the One so there's nothing to fragment there. Again, the fragmenting of the player base was all just an excuse anyway so through that reason out.

#27 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:50 PM

Na, fragmentation is a legitimate issue, even now.

If you've got 4 games and a limited number of Xbox One owners, you very quickly could only have a few thousand playing one or more of the games. If that is the case, there really is no reason to do multiplayer for all 4 like that except for fan service, and even the hardcore fans get a diminished experience when its hard to find people to play with.

Edited by phreak, 24 May 2014 - 05:50 PM.

#28 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,939 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:48 AM

Halo 4 matchmaking, on the main playlists, is still pretty quick - even with only a handful of people still playing the game.

Though, if they really wanted get around the problem of slow matchmaking, how about not doing matchmaking at all and instead implementing a server browser?

That would fix all of the problems associated with long matchmaking queues.

#29 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:26 AM

All 4 games, coming November 11th with original Halo 2 multi player. :)
GT: KrAzY WiSh

#30 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:28 AM

That messaging was bad. Because it sounded like they were saying the other games would have multiplayer as well. 1080p, 60 frames, on dedicated servers.

#31 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

Yes, I am confused. They said it would include every Halo multiplayer map, right?  How? Huh?

#32 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:40 AM

http://www.ign.com/a...ed-for-xbox-one

Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3. All original multiplayer in their original engines. All maps including all DLC. 1080p 60FPS. Dedicated servers.

The Ascension stuff they showed was a "six map" thing done in H4 or H5 engine or something like that. It's separate from everything I just listed above.

#33 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:46 AM

I keep throwing money at the screen and nothing is happening.

Also, thanks 343i for reminding me why we need this collection. Considering they thought it a good idea to include "all new armor abilities" in Halo 5 as a selling point. They've apparently learned nothing.

Edited by Nightshade, 09 June 2014 - 09:47 AM.

#34 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:49 AM

I may be keeping my xbox one after all.

#35 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:50 AM

FOR SERIOUS? I'VE NEVER BEEN HAPPIER TO BE WRONG IN MY LIFE.

I'd better polish up the Halo 1 weapon timer app I made for fun a few months ago.

VdlnqrM.png

#36 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,882 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:05 AM

Looks like Drew owes me at least $20.

#37 DualX

DualX

Great Job!

• Veteran
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:07 AM

Those feels when I saw the Halo 2 Ascension remastered gameplay.

#38 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:16 AM

Can't say it really interests me. It's a nice package though. 

#39 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:34 AM

Either way, this whole thing is bullshit and if this cumpilation includes the thing that 343 said couldn't happen, then I feel like that's a golden ticket to the outrage-factory. I will be vociferating this hypocrisy until I'm on my deathbed.

L3UbdcR.jpg

#40 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,882 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:35 AM

Can't say it really interests me. It's a nice package though. 

You're not interested in playing OG Halo 1 online?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq