• 2,619 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:01 PM

Looks like the clouds and ground to me.

#3 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:07 PM

I agree. I don't find that silhouette in any other shot of the trailer. Although, if you let your eye play with the image, that looks like a great MC face. Pale and ghostly, and maybe there are some implants covering his eyes...
I got your back, Dual.
Slowly becoming your entertainment dictator.

I hates me some sports games.

#4 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:12 PM

Posted Image

#5 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 03:04 PM

It's odd that Bungie would say "No comment' if it was just clouds and a sky. Where's the mystery in that and if there is no secret, why perpetuate it by such an answer? There's faces in the Halo 2 visors if you look closely. What did you guys think of the FEAR demo?

#6 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 03:24 PM

It's odd that Bungie would say "No comment' if it was just clouds and a sky. Where's the mystery in that and if there is no secret, why perpetuate it by such an answer? There's faces in the Halo 2 visors if you look closely.

Because they always say that. They like people to speculate on things. Even things that aren't true. I see the face, but I honestly think it's just a coincidence.

#7 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 03:38 PM

That's rather cool, though I'd guess that it is probably just an illusion..... It does realllly look like a face though.

#8 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:40 PM

I'm reserving judgement for when I get my copy of the OXM.

#9 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 08:47 PM

Because they always say that. They like people to speculate on things. Even things that aren't true. I see the face, but I honestly think it's just a coincidence.

I don't have a serious opinion either way and I have yet to watch the trailer in motion to see if it proves one way or the others, but I honestly would like to believe that Bungie has learned its lesson when it comes to speculation and anticipation...at least enough to quash this thing while it's out there. Things like the Mongoose, 16-player cap to multiplayer bouts and online cooperative play were bandied about by fans for years and up until just weeks before launch, when finally Bungie came clean and said they didn't make it. A lot of people were upset, but the decisions to not include those features were made months prior to launch.

Bungie has kept a lot close to their chest this time around, so maybe I'm hoping that they'll shoot things down more quickly if they're irrelevant. I mean, what would it really matter if the Master Chief's face is slightly visible at an obscure angle? They're not breaking the vaults down or telling us anything we didn't already know.

#10 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 08:56 PM

If it is him at least he doesn't look like a pussy, he's got a scar and is ghostly white just like we thought he might look. I swear if he ends of looking cute like the chick in the hgc with nice hair I'll be pissed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq