• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 06:39 PM

Okay, so in a little bit I'll post the details about our (second try at a) Halo 2 tournament, but I want to try something different as well. I hope all of you have played the predecessor to Halo 2, Halo (no shit!). Halo 2 skill is all well and good, but I think it'd be a lot of fun to play Halo 1 once a week, for something different. Now, this isn't going to be as smooth as an Xbox Live game, since we'll have to use XboxConnect, and since Halo only allows 4 boxes at a time in a game. With the exception of h00ters and myself, dwchief and RetroShadow, and voc and UnrelentingPain, none of us live close enough to eachother to play LANs, so this will be a fun chance to play some Halo 1 together. Games will probably have to be 4 people each, unless the aforementioned "neighbors" are at eachother's houses when we play. We'll figure out scheduling based on what works for the people who are interested, and then we'll take it from there. This won't be serious or anything, just for fun, but if you want I'll keep track of stats (Microsoft Excel= easy stats, so no big deal). What we'll probably do is just get on Live one night a week to see how many people are interested in playing on XBC, then switch over to Halo 1 and play a few games, stretched out over a few rooms, if more than 4 people are interested.

Info about XboxConnect can be found at www.xbconnect.com.

Setup

Network Help

Participants (and highest Halo 2 rank)
Blaze- lvl 15
dwchief- 23
ivanjrn- 29
RetroShadow- 18
DualX2- 29
Vanwadillion- 13
FallenSoldier (said something verbally- let me know if you don't want to do it, dude.)- 31
Syracuse- 27

Basically, the Halo 2 ranks are there so that we can give the less skilled players a little bit of an advantage the first time we play. The lowest rank in a given server will be host. Since Blaze is a damn sandbagger with his low rank, we'll decide host status based on our respective skills once we get to know eachother's Halo 1 game.

Umm... I guess post some gametype suggestions, so that hosts will know what games to have. I personally love Longest CTF, Hang Em CTF, Dammy CTF, and Team Slayer on any of those maps, as well as Chill Out, Wizard, and Battle Creek. NO CHIRON DAMMIT!

#2 TheDrinkNinja

TheDrinkNinja
  • 769 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 07:47 PM

I sold my Halo so I could buy Halo 2. :-(
XBL: TheDrinkNinja

#3 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 09:05 PM

I've already played on XBC with Dual and Paulape?o. It was hella fun and I would love to do it again. If we could get all the neighbors together for 4 vs 4 it would be tight. I don't know if Drink is open to it, but he can come over my crib. Drink, I literally live down the street from the Streets of Woodfield and I know you've been there because you went there for the I Love Bees event, I'll even let you bring friends in case you're worried about getting raped by your internet friends. I'm totally down for this. We can even call each other on our phones and do a conference call as a sort of voice chat.

• Guests

Posted 12 July 2005 - 09:26 PM

I'm in. Prepare for many cases of 3 shot kills :P

#5 RetroShadow

RetroShadow

Your Local Cinematographer and Photographer

• 623 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 10:21 PM

Yeah, i'll give it a shot.
XBL:RetroShadow
AIM:RetroShadow1

#6 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 10:36 PM

I'm game.

#7 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 11:15 PM

Xbox Connect setup

Network setup help

This is gonna be fun... XBC is where some random really good guy taught me most of the tricks I know in Halo multiplayer (grenading weapons, getting out of maps, etc.)

#8 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 11:24 AM

I would, but I have always had such good memories of being good at Halo 1. I never really lost a match of Halo 1 that I remember, but that's because I was playing my group of crappy friends. With the inclusion of xbox live in Halo 2, I realize I'm not quite as good as I thought I was. I have a bad feeling that if I play with you guysm, I'll have to finally admit I'm not the greatest Halo 1 player there ever was :D. Oh well, I guess I'm in if you guys feel up to it, I suppose if I lose I can always blame it on my crappy connection.

• Guests

Posted 13 July 2005 - 12:05 PM

I don't have Halo.

#10 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 12:28 PM

I'll give it a go.

#11 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 05:21 PM

Updated above. What gametypes do you guys like?

#12 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 05:45 PM

Hang em High: FFA/Team Slayer
Damnation: CTF/Team Slayer
Chill Out: FFA/Team Slayer
Longest: FFA/Team Shotguns

• Guests

Posted 13 July 2005 - 06:09 PM

Even when I turn off my firewall it won't work.

#14 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 06:31 PM

Firewall Help

• Guests

Posted 13 July 2005 - 07:53 PM

Yeah I got it. Where were you???

#16 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 08:51 PM

I was about to leave, but I was waiting to make sure Blaze could figure his firewall out. Then Major Hayes got on, and he had a guest, but this was no normal BYU scrub. Oh no, it was the legendary Mattacus. He had just finished practicing all day for his next MLG tournament, and he felt cocky so he challenged me. How could I refuse a challenge from one of the greatest Halo players in the US of A? He pwnz0red me, over and over, but it was fun anyways. Hehe, something like that. Actually, it was Mattacus' last day on Xbox Live (he leaves for Japan very soon) and I wanted to stick around and play with him for a little while, as well as say good bye and good luck. Sounds fair enough, doesn't it? Anyways, ivan got back on Halo 2 as I was leaving, but I went over to XBC anyways, hoping that the rest of you n00bs would be on so that I could put my newly learned Mattacus skills to action. I didn't see any servers with familiar names on them, so I joined one from Texas. Ping? 47 or so. It was nice, for XBC at least. Dual, let's put this nicely: it won't feel like you're on a LAN, unless you're host, and even then you might get some hiccups. It's part of the game. In my opinion, it's worth it... I got lucky and got matched with people of about my same skill, and we played some Prisoner, Chill Out, and Wizard. Then I played a 1 v 1 against the Host on Longest, and won 25-22. I never used to use plasma grenades in Halo 1, but H2 changed all that, and I stuck the shit out of that guy, 3 or 4 times- I think he was pissed. Good times... so dwchief, long answer to a short question- where was I? Saying goodbye to a friend, a true gangsta nigga from the days at Nightly.net, then I was on XBC making less pretty and slightly laggier Master Chiefs spin. Happy?

#17 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 10:51 PM

Why Fallen needs to buy a router (Copy and paste the link and press enter, since mythica.org doesn't recognize ascendantjustice.com as a Halo fansite. Cockbites. (http://useruploads.m...w.cgi?f=XBC.wmv))

You'll notice no pistol kills in teh video- my offhost pistol SUCKS. I'm working on it.

#18 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 11:19 PM

yeah Fallen, buy a router. We should be having some legendary H1 games.

#19 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 09:32 AM

:wub: :wub: :wub: I should have one in a couple days or so.

#20 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 09:37 AM

Dude, I have to play XBC with you Syracuse. Since whenever I play with Ivan, all the games seem to lag out the ass. Your games didn't seem to have any lag whatsoever. Halo 1 all the freakin' way!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq