Photo

Mass Effect 2

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#101 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:09 PM

I don't really see what's wrong with the exploration side quests. They're side quests, if you don't like them you can just skip them, plus it adds depth to the game. It makes the world feel larger.

There's nothing wrong with the idea. What was wrong was the execution. Everything directly involving the Mako was done poorly. The Hammerhead has better controls but was way too fragile, even on lower difficulties. That and platforming in a vehicle in a game designed for neither isn't what I'd call fun.
PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#102 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:03 PM

There's nothing wrong with the idea. What was wrong was the execution. Everything directly involving the Mako was done poorly. The Hammerhead has better controls but was way too fragile, even on lower difficulties. That and platforming in a vehicle in a game designed for neither isn't what I'd call fun.

Posted Image

#103 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,044 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:29 AM

Apologies since I'm revisiting an 18-month old game and will be talking about stuff. I didn't even open this thread until I got the game, so I've tried to go back and read what I could. If I hit on something that's been Meme-d to death, aplogies. So, I get to the Citadel, where I tell Col. Tigh not to change my status in the database. Then I go to stores, and because I'm a good guy, I go for the Paragon discount. Now, every time I walk by a store, I hear "I'm Commander Sheppard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Cover. Blown! Now the Council will see me comin'. Whenever I get to that other store planet, Ilium or whatever, I started going for Renegade discounts. I don't think they could've done a cornier job on store discounts if they tried. "I'm JCTucker, and this my favorite thread on The Citadel." I downloaded LotSB, just because I want to break up with that tentacle-headed bluey girl. I hope that's an option. Ima tell that bluejob to GTFO. I'm almost to the end of it. I somehow managed to completely screw up my relationship choices in ME1 to the point where I got to what seemed the end of Ashley's options while simultaneously being nice to the bluejob, the scene starts playing, and Sheppard is banging the alien. I have a feeling I'm probably going to screw something up in ME2 and get raped by Jack, too. I broke down and bought a CN pass. Yeah, I won't be using Zaeed, and I felt like the Firewalker stuff shoulda been accompanied by Mario music. Other than that, it's a pretty neat game. Going back to an earlier discussion about another game, some sort of visual/audio feedback when you kill something would be nice. I'm still walking over to corpses trying to loot them, too. It seems weird not being able to pickup enemy weapons. I'm still stuck with that default sniper rifle. You'd think that the future equivalent of a bolt-action rifle wouldn't be what Cerberus would outfit their group with, but oh well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq