PS Vita

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,942 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:01 PM

$249 for low-end, $300 for high-end. I am shocked, in a good way. Day one, I guess.

#22 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:03 PM

I was expecting that it wouldn't be anywhere close to a 3DS. Kinda surprised myself.
PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#23 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:59 PM

If they price this thing at $299, which is where I think it'll be it will eat the 3DS for breakfast. The processing power of this unit is damn impressive, and the battery life should be the same as the PSP3000 from what Sony is saying. I believe them for several reasons: the unit is larger so they can do a larger battery, the screen tech is much more batt efficient, and just like notebooks when you don't have a mechanical optical drive you need to spin, there are very significant battery savings.

What'd I say?! I'm telling you the 3DS was a rip-off from the beginning. Nintendo got a little too cocky about what they could get away charging.

$249 is such a good value, I'm thinking of getting my first Playstation system.

#24 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,942 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:07 PM

Well, this certainly puts a dampener on things. Looks like Sony is going to force us to buy shitty overpriced proprietary media. Again.

Posted Image

Only $100 for 32GB! What a deal!

#25 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:53 AM

That looks a whole lot like an SD card... Edit: An SD card minus the write protection notch?

Edited by UHYVE, 11 June 2011 - 04:56 AM.

#26 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 05:30 AM

Be strong and boycott Sony with me!
PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#27 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,942 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:26 AM

That looks a whole lot like an SD card...

Edit: An SD card minus the write protection notch?

They're about the size of microSD cards. Only real difference is that they're a little wider.

Edited by Drew, 11 June 2011 - 09:31 AM.

#28 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:05 AM

Well that's a shame, I'll still be getting one, but maybe a bit more begrudgingly.

#29 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,942 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:16 AM

Depending on how these are priced I might wait until we get bootleg adapters or someone finds a work-around.

#30 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:20 PM

UHYVE what you said about using the Vita as a 2nd screen for the PS3 kind of like the Wii U controller will happen in some capacity. During all the E3 coverage I read that Sony already had this idea and they're working on it. It's too bad that they've decided to use proprietary memory cards. Are these the same as the game carts? I thought they looked different.

#31 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,942 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:38 PM

UHYVE what you said about using the Vita as a 2nd screen for the PS3 kind of like the Wii U controller will happen in some capacity. During all the E3 coverage I read that Sony already had this idea and they're working on it.

It's too bad that they've decided to use proprietary memory cards. Are these the same as the game carts? I thought they looked different.

Game carts are proprietary as well, but use a different form-factor. Most likely the same type of memory.

Gotta stop all of those pirates somehow! The worst part is that it will be cracked in a week and legitimate customers will suffer for it, as is par for the course for all draconian anti-piracy measures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq