#901 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,017 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

Finally finished Mass Effect 2 the other day. I think Witcher can fill that void in my life.

#902 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

If you were ever interested in Mark of the Ninja, it's 600 (normally 1200) monies right now. I haven't played it yet (bought it ten seconds ago), but I heard it's fantastic.

Edited by Blaze, 19 December 2012 - 04:58 PM.

#903 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,693 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

I played the demo, and it was pretty awesome. If I didn't have a ton of video gameage lined up right now I'd buy it.

#904 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:59 AM

I guess I should have mentioned that it's only a 24 hour sale.

#905 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

Boo.. I missed it. I was sort of interested in Mark of the Ninja. I guess I'll have to wait. However, it looks like Trials Evolution and its DLC will be on sale on the 24th. I think I might pick that up. EDIT: Okay. Looking at videos on YouTube. I see a rip-off of Marble Blast Ultra in Trials Evolution. Then I see a Snake mini-game. Then I see a FPS shooting gallery (looks and plays like shit but still). This totally looks like it's worth 1200 points, let alone whatever amount it is going on sale for.

Edited by Merguson, 21 December 2012 - 07:47 PM.

#906 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

For those wondering about The Walking Dead and why it's been winning some GOTY awards... first episode is free on XBL marketplace until dec. 31st

#907 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

And the whole ride is pretty damn great. I bought the iPad version and with some of the stuff that goes down I had to turn the screen away for a few seconds. Though The Walking Dead is more of an interactive comic than a game, it's worth every damn cent. Do not play it to relax, however. Every time I put it down I walked away emotionally exhausted.

#908 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

I've been 'playing' Walking Dead Episode 1 on iPad (also free right now) and I have yet to really see what the big deal is, to be honest. It seems it's largely an interactive comic with gameplay consisting of very short and very 'meh' adventure game sections and brief quick-time-event action sequences. By contrast, I have been absolutely floored by Bastion. I picked it up for a second time on iPad because it is 99 cents right now - I had bought it as part of a Humble Indie Bundle a while back, but I hate gaming on my computer, so this was the first time I gave the game a real shot (i.e. played for more than 10 minutes). I can not recommend it enough, for its engrossing story, interesting art style, incredible sound, and engagingly deep gameplay. It's available on Mac, PC, XBLA, iOS, etc., so pick your poison and give it a shot. I think it's great.

#909 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

I've been 'playing' Walking Dead Episode 1 on iPad (also free right now) and I have yet to really see what the big deal is, to be honest. It seems it's largely an interactive comic with gameplay consisting of very short and very 'meh' adventure game sections and brief quick-time-event action sequences.

By contrast, I have been absolutely floored by Bastion. I picked it up for a second time on iPad because it is 99 cents right now - I had bought it as part of a Humble Indie Bundle a while back, but I hate gaming on my computer, so this was the first time I gave the game a real shot (i.e. played for more than 10 minutes). I can not recommend it enough, for its engrossing story, interesting art style, incredible sound, and engagingly deep gameplay. It's available on Mac, PC, XBLA, iOS, etc., so pick your poison and give it a shot. I think it's great.

Bastion is a winner on all accounts. When I played it, that's when I thought the lines between retail and downloadable games started to blur. It's one of only two games where I bought the entire soundtrack. Tis a l33t game on by any measure.

As for Walking Dead, give it time. Episode 1 is by far the most tame of them all. That doesn't excuse a slow start, but shit doesn't get heavy until round 2. Like, the rest of the game makes Episode 1 look like a My Little Pony experience. If you have 5 bucks eating a hole in your pocket I'd give it a spin and see how you feel afterward.

#910 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

Bastion is a winner on all accounts. When I played it, that's when I thought the lines between retail and downloadable games started to blur. It's one of only two games where I bought the entire soundtrack. Tis a l33t game on by any measure.

As for Walking Dead, give it time. Episode 1 is by far the most tame of them all. That doesn't excuse a slow start, but shit doesn't get heavy until round 2. Like, the rest of the game makes Episode 1 look like a My Little Pony experience. If you have 5 bucks eating a hole in your pocket I'd give it a spin and see how you feel afterward.

By the time the last WD episode ends, you will realize that you just had one of the most moving experiences in a game you've ever had -- more powerful than...when that...thing...happened to Aeris. Seriously. And my FFVII memories are are coated in an impressively thick layer of defensive nostalgia-jelly.

It's more personal and immediate than anything that has come out in ages, if not ever. Telltale managed something seriously impressive with this story arc. You may have more "fun" with bastion or a dozen other games, but WD gives you something few games are willing to do.

I think what makes it such a standout, in one respect, is that it is willing to hurt you. That kind of goes against the Conventional Wisdom. Games nowadays feel like they should be that accomodating shopkeeper, and give you what you want whenever you want it, anything to make the customer happy, anything to stop the baby from crying. More tits? Okay. Explosions aren't big enough? Got it. Don't like the ending? Sure thing, whatever you say.

But WD, in a way like Dark Souls and Ninja Gaiden on Xbox, doesn't cave to your whims. It does not offer flashy explosions, boobs, and fountains of eye-popping violence to satisfy that little pleasure-center in your brain, and leave it at that.

It challenges you (in a way unique among all these games that purport to offer "choice") and it doesn't give a turd if you aren't happy with the result. Fan petitions to change the ending of WD Season 1? Won't find that garbage here. The WD is a man's game, and the kids know better than to start up embarrassing bullshit petitions because they know Telltale would just give them a swift swat on the butt and send them upstairs without dessert.

If we were all still children, I would not say a word about complaints about the WD being slow or boring. But we are grown-ass men (for the most part). You will go somewhere with these characters. You may not always like it, but let the WD set the pace and lead the way, and you won't regret it.

#911 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

It's not quite the Steam summer sale, but a few quality xbox games on sale on the marketplace starting tomorrow:

http://majornelson.c...starts-today-2/

I think I'm going to re-buy Borderlands 2.

#912 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

The Witcher 2 is $10 on the marketplace right now. It's one of the best RPGs I've ever played. You should get it if you want to be cool like me.

Also, the Orange Box is $5 today.

#913 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

Damn, thanks I'm gonna pick up the Orange Box.

#914 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:17 AM

The Witcher 2 is $10 on the marketplace right now. It's one of the best RPGs I've ever played. You should get it if you want to be cool like me.

Also, the Orange Box is $5 today.

I did pick it up, just to be cool like you.  I've bought Borderlands 2 and Witcher 2.  I heard Witcher 2 is long and hard (yes, that's what she said), true?

#915 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

I did pick it up, just to be cool like you.  I've bought Borderlands 2 and Witcher 2.  I heard Witcher 2 is long and hard (yes, that's what she said), true?

I didn't think it was that hard. It's somewhere between flaccid and fully erect.

#916 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,301 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

I didn't think it was that hard. It's somewhere between flaccid and fully erect.

Half chub?

#917 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:55 PM

The Witcher 2 is now free on 360 for gold members. This is basically your last opportunity to be cool like me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq